16 coaches online • Server time: 05:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

When I saw the topic I thought it would be something like "What if we all agreed on something to make fumbbl even more awesome".

But this is just a sad topic. Sad

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Very sad

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
"What if we all agreed on something...

It's February 31st?

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Well, seeing that we all know that Woodstock is an AI, and inhabits certain areas of the net, I'm sure that the codes are in place so that if/when something happens, Woodstock (aka Genysis) will begin to learn at an exponential rate, and will become self aware and seek to safeguard FUMMBL.

Preach on Reverend Custer!

Jeffro
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Big C must not fail, and cannot fail, and won't fail.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
I'm sure Christer has some type of plan. He's simply spent too much blood, sweat & tears on this, his pet hobby, to let it all disappear into nothingness Exclamation Likely Woodstock figures into it somehow Question

What is that story of that great leader again that took care of everything himself and then everything didn't break apart after him?
Oh right, it doesn't exist. Sad

Rolling Eyes Wow, ye ARE of little faith.
Also, give Christer SOME credit man. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's not like he's Charlemagne where his death put the entire region into a chaotic mess which was only fixed last Tuesday.
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, from a technical perspective mirroring FUMBBL isn't complicated. I've spoken to Christer and at the moment, financially, there's no way to move the site off of the current hardware. However, in the future, should the community decide to raise the funds, on a regular basis there's no reason we couldn't completely mirror FUMBBL on Amazon Web Services, or some other provider, and guarantee uptime should the unthinkable occur.

It's a question of money, no more.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We'd have to spend all our time on BBCE or BB2! OH NO! The humanity!

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ignatzami wrote:
Honestly, from a technical perspective mirroring FUMBBL isn't complicated. I've spoken to Christer and at the moment, financially, there's no way to move the site off of the current hardware. However, in the future, should the community decide to raise the funds, on a regular basis there's no reason we couldn't completely mirror FUMBBL on Amazon Web Services, or some other provider, and guarantee uptime should the unthinkable occur.

Any idea what that would cost?

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Keggie and I will build it again on the Western Edge of the world.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
ignatzami wrote:

Any idea what that would cost?

A minimum of $200 USD/month, for a comparable level of performance, higher. Right now Christer runs the site for ~$110 USD. This means that the "cost" would treble to setup a less performant backup in AWS.

He doesn't feel that the community can support that cost on a regular basis, and does not wish to sell adds, or raise revenue in a similar fashion.

I'm investigating options to reduce that cost, but have not come up with a solution.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Im by no means wealthy but Id easily kick in half thay amount given the extreme entertainment value Fumbbl provides.

I average 1.5 games per day. so about 45 games per month, little over 2 bucks per game.you cant get that kind of value down at the arcade.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no hope. Sad
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If we all sell a kidney it should be able to run pretty much indefinitely.
 Jump to: