19 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Junior Dirty Eaters gorge themselves on Rotten Cake and come away with food poisoning!

Looks like quite the upset with the nasty Cheater team falling to an inexperienced C'Fling squad.

Set your PVRs...
The final game of round 1 between Chop Sewery and the Hellbillies is slated for a 10pm EST start on Wednesday. Will we see yet another upset? Gotta love the chances for the underdog in Stunty.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I'm 5 for 6 so far on picks. Also you stole my Rotten Cake bit
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

baelnic wrote:

Actually you are 6/7, and on the headline theft... Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You'd be running perfect if you hadn't bet against the RAMPAGE!

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Really? Why was he not banned from this one?

I was being generous for the previous tournament, given some of the "nuances" of the last format...

suffice to say, i am no longer being generous, and all participants in Stunty Official tournaments are expected to play as per the Official Tournament rules...that means no conceding...any concessions that are caught will be handled...including this one...

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
baelnic wrote:

Actually you are 6/7, and on the headline theft... Razz

6/8, not bad.

Pythrr and the dice both out-played me. Good luck to Choppy Sewery next round.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Those bottom two pairings really goofed me up! Not only am I out several thousand gold pieces for bribes and bets but now my picks are screwed up all the way to the finals Razz
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2013 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Rotten Cake almost kills the giant, but Squig Louis Rams prevails.

A thrilling game with lots of twists and turns. From what was looking like an easy 0-1 for the Rams at the first half, some good hits, a fireball, a bit of chainsawing and an elvish play put the 1-0 for Rotten Cake at halftime.

Second half, Squig Louis Rams decided to stall a bit and keep hitting Chaos Halflings, but a brave (and lucky) 1d blitz knocked down the carrier. After a throw-in and some confusion, Irish Stew, the last Chaos Spawn on pitch, almost won the game by itself, hunting down a goblin and catching the bouncing ball. He had a chance to hit some more goblins on turn 15, but scared of a block fail, Coach Nete made what looks like a clear error and the Spawn didn't act. On turn 16, the Rams managed to knock him down and score the 1-1.

A Riot and a good kick helped the Rams to frustrate the TTM with Thundershout, and although the flings managed to knock down the ball carrier once in the Overtime, Rotten Cake just didn't had enough players to compete.

-----------------------

Great run for Rotten Cake tho. They joined FCC only after an evil look from Shadow to fill up a qualifier, with only two games played, and managed to finish on the top8 after being second on the qualifier behind some *great* Forest Goblins. Strider84 decided he wouldn't have time to play the final draw so I passed instead him, but still almost reaching semifinals against these teams is a pretty good performance.

Even if, as it seems to look, I'm not there due an error I made Razz
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2013 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent write up, very fair and accurate. It really could have gone either way!