40 coaches online • Server time: 19:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even remember but it was probably dumb AF.

My gaming nick has always been either Ender in the very early years (95 onwards I think) and then I hit on standard after that. it's still standard or stan everywhere else.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

cdwat wrote:
I think we need Jev to explain all the nicknames he attributes to everyone.

Now thats a dark hole.to be crawling down.... Razz

D_Arquebus from the first 40k novel (Space Marine). The family made firearms on Necromunda thus the french style De - Arquebus (dropping the 'e').

Hutchi - shortening of the last name. Back when picking online nicks so many people knew me only as Hutchi i kinda identified it as my "real name" so went something else Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 13:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Picked it when in Japan 14 odd years ago when I joined a gaijin forum. Had been to the boss's house for dinner the night before where he asked "you eat ram in New Zealand?". (the "L" "R" thing)

Had previously been called lambchop or porkchop as a scrawny teenager working a summer holiday job at freight forwarding company - thankfully that never stuck outside of that 3 month job.
Foad

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My online handle was "Beaten Stepchild" for a reasonable period, but when I got involved in M:tG at a high level someone actually complained to the webmaster of MTG Paradise, and he asked me to change my handle. The next time I logged onto the site, I found out that instead of changing my username he actually just banned my account, so all my posts came up as being authored by a "Deleted Member". As a nod to continuity I was then known as "Deleted Member" or "DM" for many years.

Joining the Australian Blood Bowl community I found out there was already someone with he handle "DM" who was already banned, so I need another handle. At the time Eddie Guerrero had just passed away, and I was a big fan of pro wrestling, especially Los Guerreors - but it just didn't seem right at the take Eddie name at the time. I flipped a coin - heads Chavo, tails Benoit.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have been Polemarch for around 20 years. First used it on Portent back in 1998. Was playing WHFB but was getting into ancients at the the time and was enjoying building my Greek army. The amount of money I was gifting to Wargames Foundry back then was just scary. So I have been Polemarch ever since and luckily or not, the nick always seems available when it have to choose a username.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine is an actual nickname, but came from being a kid at a friends house playing Halo.
I needed an avatar name, pulled a DustBunny from under the couch, and the rest is history!

Sadly it seems to have grown in popularity, but most places I can still grab xyzDustBunnyzyx.

It's also absolutely hilarious slaughtering macho 12 year olds online with this handle (I also do get creepy messages thinking I'm a sheila :/ )

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Long ago, in the mists of time, I played FFTBRP* on a now defunct IRC server. One of my characters was a self-experimenting necromancer/lich/something. He styled himself King of Ghouls, or an Archghoul, if you will.
I sucked at names, so paid homage to Count Alucard, and reversed Archghoul.

Years later, after trying a bunch of regular nicks on FUMBBL, I plumped for Luohghcra, and ever since have taken a malicious enjoyment thinking about people tying their tongues in knots trying to say it to themselves.

That's Freeform Fantasy Text-Based Roleplay to the uninitiated. It was basically a prose-laden wankfest for wannabe writers and 17 year olds skiving off uni-work Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine is pretty simple. Its just the first few letters of each of my names and the year I was born. I've had it as my email address for ages so it is my go to nickname for any website or game I play.

Basically if you see an almic85 online anywhere it is probably me.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Dlock

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, I used to play World of Warcraft few years ago and my main character was healer called "Daern". I didnt realise it at the time I chose that name that it would be hard to pronounce to english speakers so in a raid chat my guild mates just used to shout " D - heal!" ( I wasnt very good healer so I needed lots of shouting".

So, when it came time to roll other toons in that game, the all tended to start with "D". Dlock was my warlock character and for some reason or other I like this name and I like to think my game is about "defensive lock", so I kind of like it.

- D
Tomay

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tom's always taken, most of the time Tommy is as well.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm lazy and the 16 is my number i have when I play sport
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Pyates16 wrote:

Yeah but how did you come up with Pie ates
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

RedMaul wrote:
Pyates16 wrote:

Yeah but how did you come up with Pie ates

He likes pie and he ates pie good. Duh.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted a word that didn't exist and sounded nice, so I made one up.
Redgum

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2016 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

mushoomy wrote:
What is there to explain? It's mushroomy without the R Wink
Mushroomy was taken on a website. Ram removed the R and it stuck ever since. Simple Smile

There's no r!
(Mindblown)

Jump to: