38 coaches online • Server time: 15:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2009 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Chapass wrote:
lrb6 now is oficial...
: 0

Is that officially "oficial"? Wink
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2009 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Chapass wrote:
lrb6 now is oficial...
: 0

No it's not, not quite.
Galak thought he'd got the go ahead from all the BBRC, so he posted the link, but then realised he hadn't and pulled it.
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2009 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You know it may be quite interesting to see how power shifts may adjust in fumbl when the new LRB comes out.

It might actually be that Orcs/Chaos/Dwarfs aren't all that popular or effective anymore because the ability to perm players has become a little harder, and so instead of destroying teams they're actually just losing a lot against better opponents.

I'm a bit annoyed Orcs haven't been tweaked because it's soooooooooooooooo obvious that they need it, and that just shows to me that the people making the changes in LRB6 have got a different idea about what the game needs and what it doesn't.

I know that's a little right wing but I don't care it's how I feel!

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2009 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

are rotters (or nurgle, or whatever) changed from 5 to 6? Cos I found them uber-pimped in 5. But maybe that's just me?

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

morraywolfymax wrote:
I'm a bit annoyed Orcs haven't been tweaked because it's soooooooooooooooo obvious that they need it, and that just shows to me that the people making the changes in LRB6 have got a different idea about what the game needs and what it doesn't.!

If by tweaked you mean nerfed then im all with you. If you actually suggest they need to be improved then i want some of what you are eating.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
are rotters (or nurgle, or whatever) changed from 5 to 6? Cos I found them uber-pimped in 5. But maybe that's just me?

Rotters haven't changed afaik. rotters themselves are terrible, decay without regen equals death and mutilation.

Once you get all your positionals though...
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Mr. Foulscumm, Morrawolfymax and all
Mr. Foulscumm said
Quote:
Second part that confuses me is how a team that isn't broken in long or short term play can be league breaking? Are we talking team destruction?

IMO, they're bordering on broken for short term play - not one-offs, but shor term.
It is worth noting that in the first stats I pulled, that all but one league (IIRC) had khemri doing very good.
It is also worth noting that MBBL data tracking had khemri with highest win percentage and highest cas advantage.
So they didn't just bash the best. They bashed so hard that they also won the best.
That may very well be an anomaly - but they were still very good at both bashing and winning.

As for the "league breaking" - yes, we're talking team destruction. Or at least team crippling. In small leagues where everybody starts out at the same time with TV100 (unlike FUMBBL?) meeting khemri early and often would easily start soft teams down a downward spiral, where-as the khemri team would get ahead on the development curve with both their 2 TDs and some casualties on top of that.
I know several playtest leagues reported that. Mine did too.

Quote:
Because I get the feeling that a lot of tweaks in LRB5+ have been to "save the elves"* as it were... adding fend, nerfing claw, journeymen etc.

That's not all there is to it.
In the stats, the über top 3 was Wood elfs, undead and dwarfs. Not elf, elf and elf Wink
The weakened apothecary, much less cash for replacing players and decreased risk of getting sent off on a foul is not exactly happy days for the elf teams.

Marrywolfymax said
Quote:
I'm a bit annoyed Orcs haven't been tweaked because it's soooooooooooooooo obvious that they need it, and that just shows to me that the people making the changes in LRB6 have got a different idea about what the game needs and what it doesn't.

Kind of interesting, considering the very doubts you posted just above this quote.
LRB5 is a different environment to LRB4.

That being said, I wouldn't have minded a nerf to the orcs too Smile
But whenever I've brought it up in discussion - which I did again recently - I'm always bombarded by (orc?) coaches saying that the orc team is slow, cludgey and that my experience is completely anecdotal!
Sigh.

I guess that's the bees nest that the BBRC didn't want to stick their hand into. The stats have their weaknesses, but at least they're tangible. Orc stats weren't decisively impressive, so the BBRC left them alone. "Better safe than sorry" I presume.
Besides, what if something you were passionate about was changed on a whim by the BBRC, with no conclusive discussion before-hand? I figure it would have the orc coaches pissing and moaning all over the place.

Ah well. In my own league we're almost pure LRB6, except for a few house rosters, and a nerf to the orc roster! Yay for house rules. It may not be much, but our orc team has no throwers and only 0-2 gobbos.

Cheers Smile
Martin
Alf115

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

With GW hassle on talkbloodbwol.com site, is LRB6 really going to ever be a live thing ?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
pythrr wrote:

Rotters haven't changed afaik. rotters themselves are terrible, decay without regen equals death and mutilation.

Once you get all your positionals though...

Yeah,m meant nurgle as a team. The positional rock, and the rotters are great cheap fodder (like more funny zombies)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle are fun but not really a power team. Their pestigors are a bit overpriced, the beast isnt as good as in LRB4, and the warriors are much more one dimensional than chaos warriors.... actually I think chaos is a little better overall because it skills up faster/smarter and has a better big guy.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

JoeKano wrote:
pythrr wrote:
f_alk wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
but if you played 10,000 games of a fumbbl coach vs a tt coach...the average would lean towards the fumbbl coach...

whereas: letting 10,000 FUMBBL coaches play against TT coaches a single match ... the average would lean towards the TT coaches.

Reasoning why now?

The same reasoning for the other way round. Made up stats and assertions are so handy.

it's not really a made up assertion though...

how many times do you see someone joining fumbbl and say "this RNG sucks...i'm the reigning champ at my TT league, and everyone here demolishes me!!"...

but how many fumbbl coaches do you see saying "man, those TT coaches beat the crap out of me this weekend, what am i doing wrong?"

...good try though...

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %05, %2009 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers Silly

I've only used them TT a few times, and its good to get an opinion on them longer term.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

morraywolfymax wrote:
I'm a bit annoyed Orcs haven't been tweaked because it's soooooooooooooooo obvious that they need it

I've always maintained that the simplest fix for Orcs is to make them a running team. Right now, they've got all 3 ways of scoring; running, passing, and OTS via TTM.

Remove the goblin, and replace the throwers with a 6338 SH Runner, or something along those lines.
dauntlessgobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that idea Ameranth of a runner rather than thrower, but I love gobbos (okay but 2 sounds like a good idea also)
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2009 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, which Orc Team has more than one or two Gobbos? So 2 is no Handicap for orcs. Imo
 Jump to: