39 coaches online • Server time: 10:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have teams that foul for fluff reasons. I believe it should be noted in the team bio, so you give coaches every chance to check before accepting.

Seriously though, I think you need to man up a bit. It's either a fun game or it isn't. If it isn't, walk away. Nobody here is your mother, and don't expect them to want to hear or be sympathetic to your problems. We play to escape our own life crap.
Kam

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Make a Halfling team, play a few 100s games with them. You will get over it, trust me. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to sam play flings but Kam just beat me to it

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling in general is usually fine, its that intention behind it thats annoying, why somone get an orgasm out of destrying other teams is really beyond me, I have tried to figure it out, but I sadly can't understand exactly why, but I think its some personality thing, I belive most of them to have fragile personalities or sadistic persoanlities, the latter I dislike.

But it really doesn't matter, its a matter how you handle it, and most people are within the norm anyways.
let them do their thing.. since its within the rules, note their names, and try to avoid them later.
Medon

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

There's also the role playing aspect. In particular if you're coaching an evil team filled with mean sadistic players. Of course these players foul on every occasion! If you don't foul with them your not playing their roles well.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I have teams that foul for fluff reasons. I believe it should be noted in the team bio, so you give coaches every chance to check before accepting.

Seriously though, I think you need to man up a bit. It's either a fun game or it isn't. If it isn't, walk away. Nobody here is your mother, and don't expect them to want to hear or be sympathetic to your problems. We play to escape our own life crap.

Wasn't meant that way, but thanks for being friendly? Lol...
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse, not Primarch wrote:
Nobody here is your mother, and don't expect them to want to hear or be sympathetic to your problems.

Nobody here's Primarch's father, nor his older brother, nor his hillbilly's cousin. And this is not Primarch's problem. Primarch's telling you there's a problem. It gets minimized. The gamerhood's safe.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %21, %2015 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a lot of fun games where my team got decimated.

Those games were fun because the other coach chatted.

I think everyone feels a little shafted when they get diced by a silent opponent.

And one previous suggestion was spot-on. If you start cheering for your pixels to die on every foul, or piling, you may even start to have a good time. I love the "bloosh" sound on the RIP!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
I have had a lot of fun games where my team got decimated.

Those games were fun because the other coach chatted.

^^^ THIS. You can kill all my men, and I will laff along with you. But if you play silently, I will find you and kill your cat.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

But if the crap here is worse than real life, then what? Shocked
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinomune wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

But if the crap here is worse than real life, then what? Shocked

Then you have a great life. Celebrate.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Sometimes when a coach continues fouling when the game is won, it is not out of spite. It could be for fluff reasons Smile
Also pitch clearances are rare and cool. Try cheering for your players to die, it's very cathartic!
Fouling, you say?

Yeah, I have a couple teams dedicated to playing dirty, and fouling every chance they get, whether it's tactical or not.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
Fouling in general is usually fine, its that intention behind it thats annoying, why somone get an orgasm out of destrying other teams is really beyond me, I have tried to figure it out, but I sadly can't understand exactly why, but I think its some personality thing, I belive most of them to have fragile personalities or sadistic persoanlities, the latter I dislike.

But it really doesn't matter, its a matter how you handle it, and most people are within the norm anyways.
let them do their thing.. since its within the rules, note their names, and try to avoid them later.

It's called Blood Bowl for a reason. Anybody who says they don't enjoy things going squish is lying. What it is is some people are only ok with it when it's the opposing players who go squish.

I don't generally foul unless I get a team that can do it ok rolled in a league where you don't chose your team. But don't act like you are a superior person because you don't go around doing it.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Should have played 3rd ed, +2 +2 with DP, fouling was the most important part of the game and everyone did it every turn they could - you soon learnt how to protect your players...

But, the best way to stop the other guy fouling now, is to be competitive. Very few people will foul ahead of trying to defend the TD or if they can only manage 1 or 2 assists - its just not worth the risk.

You do get the odd guy who "revenge" fouls, ie you go 2-0 up or kill his best player and he decides to ignore the ball and just foul every turn. You cant do a lot about that other than keep scoring TDs and watching his players congregate in the sent off box. But thats fine, cos fouling every turn is rarely a winning strategy.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:

It's called Blood Bowl for a reason. Anybody who says they don't enjoy things going squish is lying. What it is is some people are only ok with it when it's the opposing players who go squish.

I don't generally foul unless I get a team that can do it ok rolled in a league where you don't chose your team. But don't act like you are a superior person because you don't go around doing it.

I act as I like, like everyone else does.
Generally I foul too, though mostly for tactical reasons,
I have dp on several players.
Anyone can create their own team, if they all is DP, then so be it, praise the fluff!

Do I willingly want to play the team, .. no, Ill rather let somone else carry that burden.

same goes to thouse non-fluff "all in" damage teams, yes! I want to avoid them.
Some may call that pixel love or wathever, I don't care, though Im not. I don't go crying if a pixel die.

some players though just play stupid! foul+foul+foul etc
when _clearly_, several times, making the same stupid auto-decitions results in lots of more losses than nessesary. thouse who get lost in all the violence and blood. Do I dislike them? yes!

I do dislike sadism, but I dislike predactibility aswell
That combination makes me avoid them, since their really just slow.. so why bother.
 Jump to: