19 coaches online • Server time: 04:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 11:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Jevulen,

If you provide me with an image, I'll check the quality of your specific dice against the rest of the dice (once I receive them from Chance). If they're truly as bad as you state, I'll send you a new set to replace them. I'm saddened that you're disappointed with the dice, and I hope that you simply got a "lemon" set. If so, I'll make sure you get a better set.

Again though, it will take a while since I don't yet have the remaining dice.
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Got mine a few days ago, yay! The paintjob does look sloppy on some symbols, but the contrast of colors is very crisp and the design of course is awesome. By far the best block dice out there, it's really easy to tell apart the result even with bad illumination or from a distance (I hate when my opponents use confusing custom dice or when I can't see the result because of the glare).
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought a bunch and notice a big difference in a few of them. Totally understandable. How many dice would you be able to hand paint until you didn't have the patience to stay within the lines anymore. Someone was probablly hired to help (or someone's poor wife volunteered).. that person got tired of painting, probablly approaching the deadline.. yadda-yadda.

It would be a shame if someone only ordered one set and got a bad set. Some of them are perfect. Some.. not so much. I'd say maybe 1 in 10 might be 'off'. Contact me if you are in the UK and have a tournament coming up, and would like to swap one for one before Christer can help after he gets all the rest of his order. Cheers.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if you play tournaments, remember to check with your TO first about using the dice, and bring a spare set of regular block dice just in case. At least in Canada, I've had a couple of people ask me to use regular block dice instead.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Also, if you play tournaments, remember to check with your TO first about using the dice, and bring a spare set of regular block dice just in case. At least in Canada, I've had a couple of people ask me to use regular block dice instead.

Anyone telling you not to use FUMBBL dice is not worth playing, enough said. Smile

My arrived and I am very happy with them, the quality is very good, quite close to the prototypes. I think the colours are even better on these than the prototypes. I do have one or two pow sides out of nine that are a bit blobby. I think this is a combination of fatigue and yellow being a difficult colour to cover black with. For hand painted though I am amazed how good they are overall. As Shadow said, hand painted limited edition dice trump any other block dice in my opinion.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Having read all this I decided to pull mine back out for a closer look. Of the 9 I bought there is 1 that I would call "less than good" quality. The yellow paint in the star on the pow/skull face is really thin (looking faded in the center) and the same yellow on the Push/Pow is really blotchy (like it's been touched up a bit too much). So I guess I'm 8 for 9...

However I expect it's entirely possible some people got worse "lemons"...

also, forgot to post my rolls...

1st 3: Pow/Skull, Pow/Skull, Push/Pow (damn blodgers!)
2nd 3: Skull, Push, Push (typical for my 3d blocks!)
3rd 3: Pow, Pow, Pow/Skull (Now we're Talkin!!)
Peter22

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Bavaria/Germany - still waiting....
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hamburg/Germany, too. We'll be rewarded for out patience eventually!

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure if it's possible as the receiver, but maybe you could check with the Zoll (german customs), if your packets are hold back?

I know that a game that I had ordered in HongKong got hold back - the notification that I had to get to the Zoll, pay import tax etc arrived over 2 weeks later then the same game packet arrived at a friends, who had ordered on the same day from the same shop, but whose packet wasn't intercepted.
minenbonnie

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

played the first match with the dice and was a WIN for my flings vs chaos!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Loew wrote:
not sure if it's possible as the receiver, but maybe you could check with the Zoll (german customs), if your packets are hold back?

Maybe... but I'll rather sit it out. It's not like I need the dice for something in the next time. Smile And I have to many things on my mind to bother dealing with the Zoll right now.

But thanks for the hint, I suspect something like that - always possible that one thing gets delays on long distance shipping while others don't.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Hamburg/Germany, too. We'll be rewarded for out patience eventually!

Our patience will certainly be rewarded. Almost stopped hoping they'll be waiting for me after work. Then it'll be a lovely suprise when they do arrive.
Peter22

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Got mine yesterday (Munich/Germany), first roll pow, pow, pow/push ! Perfect mojo for my match. Went down to more average results later, even a double skull. These are by far the most beautiful block dice I ever owned !

Thanks to the team to make this happen !
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Got mine today in Nuremberg. I'm really, really happy. They look excellent.

First Rolls:

Blockdice: Push, Push, Push
2D6: 6+1
D8: 8
D16: 16

Very Happy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You should play some D&D or something like that with the two last dice. Very Happy

Jump to: