51 coaches online • Server time: 20:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Godzilla positionals would be fantastic.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Right.

Because more threads causes global whinging?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the market place in action?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It causes the same, repeated whinging in multiple places. It's not really tidy or easy to navigate a forum if it's dominated by the same repeat thread. Which these tend to turn into.

Anyway, just an idea. No doubt another few threads on how to turn off arrows above player heads are incoming.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Is the market place in action?
The transfer window is only open when commissioners open it, so it probably isn't on in most private leagues.

It might be working in the NAF, but that league is already becoming pretty terrible thanks to some poor matchmaking implementation on Cyanide's part.

1. Journeymen don't count towards matchmaking TV
2. The higher TV team buys inducements and puts in petty cash at the same time.
3. The higher TV team doesn't lose any money they invest into petty cash.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

So why would any Fumbbler play this garbage?
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

After going through this thread I am even more dissapointed than I was a month ago.
especially, no penalty for disconnecting just disgust me.. all the other problems is not even worth metioning, they are just as bad.

So, next year maybe there is hope, Ill check then, though they already messed up so badly with this version, one might just accept that there is never going to be a good graphic bloodbowl game. thats why fummbl rules.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't tell any of your friends interested in Blood Bowl to use it's tutorial campaign in the mean time. It's pretty crap from what I've seen. It doesn't seem to introduce the agility stat, or turnovers, until after the first game is played. All 16 turns of it. Confused

Last edited by SquirrelDude on %b %28, %2015 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
There is so much that doesn't make any sense with that.

So elves and dwarfs retire in their 30's? And let's not even mention all the undead players. Confused

R.I.P Fluff.

^^ this. seriously.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
After going through this thread I am even more dissapointed than I was a month ago.
especially, no penalty for disconnecting just disgust me.. all the other problems is not even worth metioning, they are just as bad.

So, next year maybe there is hope, Ill check then, though they already messed up so badly with this version, one might just accept that there is never going to be a good graphic bloodbowl game. thats why fummbl rules.

A penalty for disconnecting would signal that Cyanide is comfortable with the codebase to penalize it. As it is, there's no penalty because they know that disconnects will happen with enough frequency that it'd hurt more than help.
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The graphical aspect is just awful. All the spectators are human linos and all the cheerleaders cheers the blue human team. Crap, I can't describe it better
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

I watched a quite a lot of BB2 streams, and the people speccing/playing cyanide just have a different mindset and most likely never really played (TT) blood bowl. They don't see the missing races, different rules or (for us) game breaking bugs as a problem... Compared to that crowd we are really a bunch of 'elitists'.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

Because it's pretty, and only for a change. I don't think any fumbbler would prefer BB2 for competitive games.

Of course Bill, your question could also be asked of Ranked Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:

I watched a quite a lot of BB2 streams, and the people speccing/playing cyanide just have a different mindset and most likely never really played (TT) blood bowl. They don't see the missing races, different rules or (for us) game breaking bugs as a problem... Compared to that crowd we are really a bunch of 'elitists'.

They bring in new players, recruits, wich is good, ill give them that.
After a while the recruits will also discover all the flaws of the game, soon you have just annoyed people, by all the disconnections, the crazy team builds with 4-5 super experienced players and journymen, with free wizards and whatnot.

Come and play a casual game, spin matchmaking play a few rounds, disconnection** , then a new match, same happens over again. where is the enjoyment? I can't see it beyond the first couple of matches.
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

Because it's pretty, and only for a change. I don't think any fumbbler would prefer BB2 for competitive games.

Of course Bill, your question could also be asked of Ranked Very Happy

Or Box.

Or Stunty.

But not league. League is the greatestest invention in the known universe.
 Jump to: