31 coaches online • Server time: 10:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
I'm honestly loving the dice comparison.
I looked back at a few games I thought I was diced in, and the dice spread was a bit more even than I'd though. My bad dice simply came at worse times in a couple

If you roll a skull/pushback (dodge) on a 2db you're statistically below average but in most times still lucky.
The raw dice data doesn't tell the whole truth.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 00:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Silent_Hastati wrote:
it would be great if the bar lengths for compared dice both zeroed in at the same spot.

You are absolutely right, and I was thinking about this for a while and came up with an extension of the concept. The core of the concept is that the stats are most likely going to be used to compare the two team's dice rolls. Your suggested change would simply unify the scales and allow you to more directly compare charts between the two teams. My extension is that I joined the two charts together into a single chart per statistic, which immediately lets you compare between the teams.

I've removed the percentages, which simply made the charts look busy and I feel they didn't really add much. I also removed two of the stats ("Other 2D6's" and "Rerolled Blocks") because they didn't have much data at all and mostly just cluttered things up.

Let me know what you guys think of this new layout.
Subs

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks perfect for me! Great improvements!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

SUPERS!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 00:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

What about the push stats, since there are 2 push faces on each dice could we flatten that? push will always show up as the longest bar on the block dice bit otherwise.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Silent_Hastati wrote:
it would be great if the bar lengths for compared dice both zeroed in at the same spot.

You are absolutely right, and I was thinking about this for a while and came up with an extension of the concept. The core of the concept is that the stats are most likely going to be used to compare the two team's dice rolls. Your suggested change would simply unify the scales and allow you to more directly compare charts between the two teams. My extension is that I joined the two charts together into a single chart per statistic, which immediately lets you compare between the teams.

I've removed the percentages, which simply made the charts look busy and I feel they didn't really add much. I also removed two of the stats ("Other 2D6's" and "Rerolled Blocks") because they didn't have much data at all and mostly just cluttered things up.

Let me know what you guys think of this new layout.

Eh, personally I feel the percentages were good information to have. It is a bit hard to actually do breakdowns now when two players have wildly different roll totals, like in this example.

http://i.imgur.com/WTSMGc5.png

Here at a glance it looks more like the guy on the right had way more Pushes proportionally than the guy on the left, but both are actually nearly identical at 33%.

On their own individually both are decent for comparisons, but I feel having both would have been the better option.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new design (slick consolidation) but for me the percentages are the thing, not the raw number. Number in brackets at the top to show who threw more dice, great, but each bar should be strictly a percentage figure imo.

As I mentioned before, ideally each bar would be a +% or -% starting from a zero E() mid-point, for me anyway. I'm more interested in relative "luck" than anything. So the Push die would zero at +33.33%, anything less would be a negative bar, more would be a positive bar. Etc.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah! I just stumbled across this thread and realized what broke the E.L.F. scoring script.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Why am I not seeing these new bars? Is it safari on my phone limiting me?

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
What about the push stats, since there are 2 push faces on each dice could we flatten that? push will always show up as the longest bar on the block dice bit otherwise.

+1
kummo

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Check some recent match reports. We're working on getting stats processed for older games.

I was using the example from 1st post. Other people saw the dice.. i didn't.

I checked the example now again. Now i see it. Weird.

Btw: Looks cool. Great job all around.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
As I mentioned before, ideally each bar would be a +% or -% starting from a zero E() mid-point, for me anyway. I'm more interested in relative "luck" than anything. So the Push die would zero at +33.33%, anything less would be a negative bar, more would be a positive bar. Etc.

Yeah, I like this. Variation from the probability is the most interesting aspect.

Also, I liked the percentages (sorry Christer).
Anyways, the consolidation is a big improvement Cool

Bio template here.
almic85

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys,

The new match reports look awesome but I have a few questions. Sorry for the long post.

Is there an error in the calc for the total number of blocks somewhere?

Take this game as an example.

According to the front page Black as Death have thrown 59 blocks and Southern Warpstone Scavengers have thrown 36, but according to the dice stats BaS have thrown 62 blocks and SWS have thrown 40. There is a discrepancy of 3 and 4 blocks respectively.

Also if you add up each line of the total blocks this does not add up with the total block dice thrown.

BaS for example have thrown 1x-2db, 9x1db, 47x2db and 5x3db fora total of 110block dice, but the total block dice counted is 120.

Is the system double counting re-rolled blocks in the dice stats? This could explain the total discrepancy between total blocks thrown on the front page and total blocks thrown in the dice stats.

For BaS this would mean 3 blocks were rerolled in game for a total of 10 block dice.

Also just out of curiosity what counts as a successful block and what counts as a failed block? Is it just a simple pow/push pow = success and skulls = failure or is it based on tackler or tacklee going down?

If you're interested join the Fringe
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have a similar tournament dice report? To see how people lucked their way to the FUMBBL Cup Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
Hi Guys,

The new match reports look awesome but I have a few questions. Sorry for the long post.

Is there an error in the calc for the total number of blocks somewhere?

Take this game as an example.

According to the front page Black as Death have thrown 59 blocks and Southern Warpstone Scavengers have thrown 36, but according to the dice stats BaS have thrown 62 blocks and SWS have thrown 40. There is a discrepancy of 3 and 4 blocks respectively.

Also if you add up each line of the total blocks this does not add up with the total block dice thrown.

BaS for example have thrown 1x-2db, 9x1db, 47x2db and 5x3db fora total of 110block dice, but the total block dice counted is 120.

Is the system double counting re-rolled blocks in the dice stats? This could explain the total discrepancy between total blocks thrown on the front page and total blocks thrown in the dice stats.

For BaS this would mean 3 blocks were rerolled in game for a total of 10 block dice.

Also just out of curiosity what counts as a successful block and what counts as a failed block? Is it just a simple pow/push pow = success and skulls = failure or is it based on tackler or tacklee going down?

I presume the front page shows blocks thrown and the dice report dice thrown, so if you re-roll it counts as one block but 2 sets of dice.

I asked the same question about successful blocks. It counts successful if the deffender goes down, and failed if the attacker goes down. Note that a block can be both successful and failed at the same time.

On the suggestions side of things, I would like to have a % successful blocks stat, just divide successful by total.