33 coaches online • Server time: 12:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quod

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, where is the old "Legends" page gone, where players that got over 75(?) SPP were listed?

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Err, on the "Statistical Leaders page" there is 2 sets of "Most SPP"
http://swl.kicks-ass.org/swl/stat_leaders_summary.php
whats going on there?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the SWL can store the most miraculous TD. Wink For those I haven't being annoying endlessly in IRC;

Khermi has CD's with back to the wall (with no RR's), the game is 1-1, 2 turns to go, a sack is imminent and then eagle009 pulls out the stops, what followed was simply amazing, much to my healths rapid deterioration.

Dorf, dodges off a tz and moves into scoring range (4+, 2+, 2+)
Hobgob, passing a long pass to the now open dorf (4+)
Dorf, catches the pass in very sunny conditions and a TZ (6+)
Dorf, dodges off a tz to tie up a mummy within easy (almost fail safe) blitz range (4+, 2+)
- Mummy 2db blitz failed to down the player with a RR, unable to push player out of range
Dorf, with the ball dodges off and GFI's for the TD (4+, 2+, 2+)

So to sum that up (excluding the failed blitz): 4+, 2+, 2+, 4+, 6+, 4+, 2+, 4+, 2+, 2+ which I think equates to 1 in 238.87872 chance, FTW!

Try doing that without RR's. WD eagle009 as you said you had no choice really. Smile

Game for those interested: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2758902

Edit: the was an error in the calculation, fixed, was 1 in 246.0375
Edit: forgot the dorf catch was in a tz, new revised total changed

Last edited by Barre on %b %22, %2009 - %06:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
Barre

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2009 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we have any chance of running another "official" KO tourney this season? It would be fun to keep running it seasonally IMO.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Who is the current axeman?

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

DanielCollins
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't he moving house just about now?
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm filling in for the axeman for now.

~Round 1 Axeings~

<b> SWL Premier League XXXI </b>
All Clear as you'd expect.

<b> Manfred's Funeral Gala Memorial Conference League </b>
All clear.

<b> The Replacemnt's Spelling Bee Conference League </b>
Redmaul vs PianoDan: both emailed, PD forfeits.

<b> Commisioner Clayinfinity's Regional League XXXI </b>
All Clear

<b> Commisioner Twahn Memorial Regional League XXXI </b>
All Clear

<i> Decent work for round 1 with only one forfeit. Remember to use proper subjects with the round number and the name of the opponents in the title. Also, with the change to the group page there has been some confusion; the due dates of the round can be seen in the information tab and in the topic of irc chat #swl. Keep up the good work.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A big thankyou to Tomay for taking up the axe on short notice. If everyone can do their best to make his job easy, it would be much appreciated!

Q&A time
Quod wrote:
I think this match
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2749481
should get the Hall of records "Match most deaths" record
http://swl.kicks-ass.org/swl/hall_of_records.php
because there are 5 deaths shown at the end rather than 4 and an apoth'd death.
I don't think the parser actually tracks which injuries stick. It more likely uses the "BH / SI / Kill" stats in the header part of the report, so it treats those matches as "equal". From memory, the records page lists the first match (by date) which meets the record, so you have to beat the record if you want your team to be listed instead.

Quod wrote:
Also, where is the old "Legends" page gone, where players that got over 75(?) SPP were listed?
It's a bit different to the old one, but yeah there's the top 10 by SPPs. It's possible we'll do something more like the old one, which included all players over 75spp (the listings also included all SPPs earned before retirement/death, not just those earned in the SWL - e.g. trial of blood, qpool, chunkathon, gentlemen's picnic).

Quod wrote:
Err, on the "Statistical Leaders page" there is 2 sets of "Most SPP"
Clearly, SPPs are the most important stat there is! (or maybe I just suck at copy & paste) Wink
Edit: Fixed, it turns out that one of them was *supposed* to be intercepts ... with a massive record of 3!

Barre wrote:
Do we have any chance of running another "official" KO tourney this season?
Yep - the main thing that is needed is someone with a bit of motivation to do the axing, and brief writeups after each round (the fluffier the better).

Barre wrote:
I wonder if the SWL can store the most miraculous TD.
The old SWL guide had a few "did you know" blocks for fluff. Might be the best way of including that sort of thing. There have been a few contenders though, so although it would certainly be up there, I don't know whether it would actually be the winner.

PS: Remember folks, 1 in 246 (or whatever the odds were) still is infinitely more likely than zero ... which is exactly the chance you'd have if you don't make the attempt!

Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2009 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have made a couple of changes to user logins for the SWL website.
  • If you have not changed your password from the default, the site will display a warning. It's not too big a deal, unless you have admin rights on the site, in which case you really need to change it! Even though we only store a "salted" hash of the password, you should probably use a different password to the one you use on fumbbl.
  • The cookies used to remember your login info will now expire 30 days after your last visit to the site (previously they would expire 100 days after your actual login). This won't take effect until you next log in with "remember me" checked
Please let me know if you have any issues logging into the site after these changes.

Barre

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
PS: Remember folks, 1 in 246 (or whatever the odds were) still is infinitely more likely than zero ... which is exactly the chance you'd have if you don't make the attempt!

After rechecking the calculations I believe I had it wrong, it should have been 1 in 1476.225 (not including the failed blitz).

Calculation (for any math minded people to debunk, because I am not sure)

The way I figured this out was I think the simplest, multiply the denominators (6^10), then divide by the multipled numerators (numebr of successful outcomes, ie. 4+ = 3):

253125 / 60466176(6^10) = 238.87872

To extend this further the failed blitz (2db with RR), we add 4 dice with a 3+ needed, as there were 2 results (dodgepow and pow) which would have resulted in a stop.

64800000 / 78364164096(6^14) = 1296

Sooo.. I think that means it was a 1 in 1296.

Edit: I know I'm obsessing, but you get that. Wink
Edit: was working out the numerator incorrectly
Barre

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
Barre wrote:
Do we have any chance of running another "official" KO tourney this season?
Yep - the main thing that is needed is someone with a bit of motivation to do the axing, and brief writeups after each round (the fluffier the better).

If no-one volunteers before a suitable start date I will do it. Would rather keep to just running the GCC, but would also rather the extra work than missing out on the KO tourney.
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll help out with the KO tourney - not having done anything like it before, I hestitate to take the responsibility myself, but anything i can do TO help, I will do - particularly the end of round writeups.. If anyone could give anymore information on the hows and wheres and such, that would be nice.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Luo, if you are willing to do the write-ups, I'll be happy to run the back-end stuff and Axe when required.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i will also put my hand up for running a tourney or two, i have run the biggest tourney in the SWL which saw a massive 256 teams entered and also some smaller tourneys.
I can also do a bit of decent fluff writing, just need something different to motivate me....lol