37 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Timetis wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Also, the saltier the person, the more likely they are to time out. ArrestedDevelop's Theorem.

Lol

Does that go for the Time-outer or the Time-outee?
or is it an equal opportunities theorem? : p

Time-outer. How many times you think AD has timed out Endzone? Wink

72?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to post this here, because it is relevant: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

OP writes 'afk', takes 45 seconds to return, then gets timed out after 4mins 45seconds. After some subjective debate within the thread, mostly biassed against OP, admin locks the thread and declares OP should play faster.

So it seems the unwritten rule is. Someone who afk's gets afk duration+4minutes before one can time them out IF afk duration < 15minutes.
I.e. When they return, they get 4 minutes before one can time them out.

This is useful to know.
This should also be written in to the disconnection rules.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules of the game already say you get 4 minutes to play. No need for anything to be added. And that situation had nothing to do with disconnections.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
I wanted to post this here, because it is relevant: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

OP writes 'afk', takes 45 seconds to return, then gets timed out after 4mins 45seconds. After some subjective debate within the thread, mostly biassed against OP, admin locks the thread and declares OP should play faster.

So it seems the unwritten rule is. Someone who afk's gets afk duration+4minutes before one can time them out IF afk duration < 15minutes.

This is useful to know.

this is not a rule, but a one off decision

stop looking for certainty.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Timetis wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Also, the saltier the person, the more likely they are to time out. ArrestedDevelop's Theorem.

Lol

Does that go for the Time-outer or the Time-outee?
or is it an equal opportunities theorem? : p

Time-outer. How many times you think AD has timed out Endzone? Wink

72?

Nice guess, but you are out by...72!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

This is useful to know.

and this is dom. dom should be timed out at 4.00 EVERY turn, as part of our attempts to make his games take less than 3 hours.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Desultory wrote:

This is useful to know.

this is not a rule, but a one off decision

stop looking for certainty.

You know that it's just setting up yet another unfortunate rules-lawyer post that only a handful of people on the site could agree with.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Desultory wrote:

This is useful to know.

and this is dom. dom should be timed out at 4.00 EVERY turn, as part of our attempts to make his games take less than 3 hours.

But then we wouldn't have a week lead in to yet another Dom centered fiasco where we explicitly tease him for the exact thing that happens in game.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
After some subjective debate within the thread, mostly biassed against OP,

As opposed to Desultory's objective and non-argumentative lobbyism.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hug it out guys. Hug....it....out Razz
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Delusory you don't differentiate between how the coach who did time out justified his decision and what can be grounds for a time out.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really confused...

Who was on the phone?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

In one week, IP will be optional in text as well as not used in reality. Hopefully a more elegant and less antagonistic solution can then be found to this issue.

Edit: Oops, forgotten I've said that already. Worth leaving as a reminder, I suppose.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, sure 'Goo, but IP doesn't really have anything to do with the 4min limitation or timeouts as enforced on FUMBBL?

Wink