15 coaches online • Server time: 04:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The New Rulz are:
Exactly what I wanted and predicted
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
A sign the GW is getting the Blood out of BB
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
A bit better than a piece of pie
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
The final nail in the coffin of my hopes in humanity
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Par for the course
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 81

tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thoralf, you also missed the skill cost on the MNG Bloater. That's a 2220 TW team, and 1920k of players.

The new rules basically limit you to just under 200k treasury, less the rookie Pesti and both DP rotters for 8 good positionals and 3 cheapest for 11 players, you need 520k from matches to hold the entire team, but then you get nearly as many games to build on top of that without limit for a tournament.

Season length kills those Bloaters because they're 7+ seasons old and cost +140k or more each, but you can skill the next ones quicker with targeted MVPs so they're not half as old with the same skill set. Who knows, but the basic value of the best players is in reach.

The whole game is changing at that, it's hard to tell what sort of teams will come out of it, but they'll probably be fairly similar headed into tournaments, just with no old players other than a key stat freak or two.

Except all the grandfathered teams that just don't play games because they can't afford the next post-season. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
you also missed the skill cost on the MNG Bloater. That's a 2220 TW team, and 1920k of players.

I did not - that's why I was speaking of a 2000 TV team. That Bloater has a niggling and -AV. I see no reason to keep him, and would rather hire a new one during the next season.

Nor did I miss the possibility not to re-hire rookies. That's what happens in the NWFL, because we have a salary cap. That salary cap includes any Treasury above 100K or so.

The NCBB is even stricter - players have 3-4 seasons, then they graduate. My experience in this league indicates that the concept of season will need further clarification. For instance, what if you hire a rookie at the last game of the season?

The NBFL will never implement an aging system, because the whole idea is to have 2500 TV teams. Playing less than 30 games just can't sustain bigger teams than 2000 TV teams. This was the point behind my case, not to offer any precise calculations.

It would be easy for tournament organizers to prevent grandfather team abuse.

I'll take a look at your Goblin team.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The D3 MVP looks like it will have a huge impact on team building. Knowing that I have a pretty good chance of getting any player to 2 skills within 10 games is huge for a lot of teams. Added to that less "wasted" skills on fodder will lead to even more streamlined teams in many cases.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know, if I buy the rules on my samsung phone, will I be able to read it on an iOS unit? or do I have to buy it twice?
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggles can clear between seasons, as an aside, but fair enough that injured players will be less likely kept if they demand extra to stay.

Gobs, Bribery and Corruption, the greatest goblins on fumbbl EVAR, ignoring the legend thing. Not going to make the cut under this sort of season any way that I can see. Just rolled so much +ag last season while not losing any for a change.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Does anyone know, if I buy the rules on my samsung phone, will I be able to read it on an iOS unit? or do I have to buy it twice?
I have no idea how the app store and google play interact as far as in-app purchases are concerned, but you could screenshot them and paste them together as a PDF then upload to your apple product.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

The new rules basically limit you to just under 200k treasury,

I think the soft cap will be at 300K. Trying to keep yourself in the 160-190 range doesn't seem better than trying to stay around 260-290 knowing that 1/6th of the time you will drop to around 130 or so. That added 100K in flexibility seems worth the risk.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

I expect it's beyond GW to do such a thing so one buys one copy and gets a code for access on any of your devices. But maybe I'm wrong and they won't try and milk you twice.

DLE College 7s
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any way one can get a digital copy of them rulebooks not for the phone? For moneyz of course.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:

In the long run, we should not see millionaire teams anymore.

And how did those millionaire teams under CRP effect any balance in the game?

Teams will millions in the treasury are the teams who have regen and cheap players. They never spend the cash to replace players, never spend cash on petty cash because they are normally the TV underdog anyway and/or the coach himself just does not want to have fun and transfer 500K for one match and hire some stars and stuff for fun.

Also the reason teams have large treasuries is because gold actually has no value in CRP, it is a pointless construct in the game beyond just buying back players. At least in LRB4 gold had value.

**End of rant**

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So you essentially agree? Smile
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Try this one.

Please do some homework before ranting.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate, if you read the rules in full you'll realise that under the new rules a millionaire team is "potentially" even more game breaking than in CRP. Even if we completely ignore the re-drafting for a second. Without expensive mistakes, a team who have no reason to spend gold for whatever reason, and aren't re-drafting, in the new rules which do not have a petty cash phase, can simply transfer from treasury in pre-match to buy inducements without adding the cost to their TV.

As a result of the above btw, having teams "exempt" (for whatever reason) from redrafting or other rules simply breaks the whole system if others adhere to it - you need to have teams playing under cash-flow threat all the time otherwise it's all held together by band-aids. There's a soft-cap ageing system, but it's also there to manage various areas of the game. Otherwise you just get "seasonal" wonders who play X games and then blow all their cash on inducements (which is exactly what a grandfathered team could do).

These rules need testing though, and they also need a structure around them. The current "harlem globetrotters of bloodbowl" that every team in a match-making perpetual division essentially is doesn't really work with it. A "tiered" division (possibly even 'faction' style) might work, and would cut down on coaches relentlessly "picking", as they would simply find themselves outside the same level as their "marks/victims" the next season.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Is there any way one can get a digital copy of them rulebooks not for the phone? For moneyz of course.

Tablet? PC? If you want them for PC no idea, on GW only books tablets or smart phones exist.

DLE College 7s
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
PainState wrote:

Try this one.

Please do some homework before ranting.

Wait? what?

That is the exact type of team Iam talking about.

Those CD have sweet spotted there team. They spend no cash on new players, just cycle out players. Look at his last 25 matches, like I did. He did not spend 1 Gold Crown to induce anything. He only took free inducements.

So, that is my point. He has 5+ Million gold that just sits in a bank earning interest and never uses it. So, in Blood Bowl terms that 5 million + is POINTLESS...it looks nice, don't get me wrong but it has no value in game terms.

Why not have fun with that money every once in a while, go out on the town and blow some cash? In a ho hum box match go ahead and induce 750K on crazy stuff and just have fun.