45 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

several times now, I've right clicked a player to end turn or something, and slipped with the mouse, selecting a square on the pitch...which is usually a bad dodge or a gfi (or both), as I'm ending the turn.

I don't know what can or should be done to help avoid this situation..I know it's me slipping with the mouse, but it is annoying when it happens, maybe disallow moving to a square clicked on if the right click menu was open?? I don't know.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I wote not to correct it.

cuz it's too funny when it happens.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, i agree

its funny as hell

so, buy a new mouse or stop drinking so much booze

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

rightclick and leftclick does the exact same thing in the client. Just for your knowledge.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah Xeterog, good point. I think this would be a positive addition for the new client

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
I wote not to correct it.

cuz it's too funny when it happens.

But only when it happens to the opponent?
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So what would fix this, a huge field like those telephones with big buttons for grannies? Or a popup that ask you if you really want to move the player each time you click? :p
Fela

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
rightclick and leftclick does the exact same thing in the client. Just for your knowledge.

But why?
PhoenixxX

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Lakrillo wrote:

But why?

Why not?
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Xeterog wrote:
several times now, I've right clicked a player to end turn or something, and slipped with the mouse, selecting a square on the pitch...which is usually a bad dodge or a gfi (or both), as I'm ending the turn.

I don't know what can or should be done to help avoid this situation..I know it's me slipping with the mouse, but it is annoying when it happens, maybe disallow moving to a square clicked on if the right click menu was open?? I don't know.

I'm trying to use the keyboard shortcuts. Very useful for ending turn and selecting actions from a menu.
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Lakrillo wrote:

But why?

I think it may have something to do with the fact that macs usually have only one mouse button. If I remember correctly, many developers on the site use macs. It is of course really nice to have a really platform independant game, is it not?
Gran

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Lill-Leif wrote:
So what would fix this, a huge field like those telephones with big buttons for grannies? Or a popup that ask you if you really want to move the player each time you click? :p

I want a popup when I activate my teams. "The box is full mb-po-claw at the moment. Are you sure you want to activate?" Razz

On topic: I can see your point, but I would advocate keyboard shortcuts as well. Though I can't see that disabling the right button would influence Mac-usability in any way. (the computer, not the postbot Wink )

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

Last edited by Gran on %b %23, %2011 - %11:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
Fela wrote:
Lakrillo wrote:

But why?

I think it may have something to do with the fact that macs usually have only one mouse button. If I remember correctly, many developers on the site use macs. It is of course really nice to have a really platform independant game, is it not?

Mainly because it is more bugproof to just track one type of clicks. Just ask On1 about it.

And another argument is the platform independence.
And to sort out left and right-click from eachother is not really needed, the game itself is so simple when it comes to commands, so dividing them into two different is not really needed.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 11:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

hell, i want a scroll wheel that cycles through my players, and thumb buttons set to roll 6's.

Why stop with just the 2 buttons?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What about ESC to unselect a player or end the movement/action?
 Jump to: