24 coaches online • Server time: 08:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you from the British Isles? And, would you like to be part of a major British scheduled league?
Yes, and I would like to be part of one
38%
 38%  [ 29 ]
Yes, and I would like to see one, but wouldn't have time to be involved
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Yes, but I would not be interested
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
No. My country has a scheduled league, and it's great!
26%
 26%  [ 20 ]
No. My country has a scheduled league, but it's not worth having really
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Other ...
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 75

pac

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
How it goes is that some people choose to play elves. When they reach opponents with high enough tr they will sooner or later get a bloody streak with perms in subsequent matches, the team crashes (as there is little income at high tr).

When/if we get to that stage, the divisions would use TR caps (more theft from the S/NWL! Very Happy), so an elf team which got severely damaged but was prepared to play on would get relegated, and would then trim back its TR to play at a level from which it's easier to rebuild. But you're right: the more fragile teams are bound to suffer more pronounced peaks and troughs - that's just the nature of the edition as we have it at the moment.

Quote:
And about the ogres: sooner or later (usually later as it takes tons of money) ogre teams WILL look like that.

There will definitely be no Ogres for the opening season. If the first season is successful, all the coaches who complete the first season will be polled on whether the Ogre ban should continue indefinitely.

Thanks for the tips, by the way. And also, while no one from the SWL or NWL has posted here (afaik), their leagues have provided a wonderful resource to raid in designing all this so far - very much appreciated! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, another oppurtunity to lose games! Count my british "arse" in.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be prepared to sign up as a replacement team. i.e. takeover if someone drops out after round 4. I wouldn't want to start with a TR100 team if everyone else has played 4 or 5 games though.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick *bump*, and a note to say that I'll be putting up a recruitment thread with details on how to apply a little later this evening. It's going to be a slightly round-about way of doing things, in the hopes of ensuring as even a competition between all the coaches involved as possible.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Scotland power!! I'll join and bring waves of scottish love and irn bru to you all

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
pac

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There is now a league recruitment thread, detailing how the recruitment process will work. There're also some pitiful pleas for more staff members in there too ...

Post 2 Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

As requested by pac, I have been working on some Cup images for the league.

Heres a few to start with...

Image Image Image Image Image

Let me know what you think! (it's always good to get feedback even if its bad) Wink

Last edited by BlackNWhiteDog on %b %27, %2006 - %10:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll let the public vote for their favourites here, and abdicate all responsibility for which ones are used!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to be involved at some point, but I'm phasing out my tournament involvement at the moment as I am due to be moving house soon... So not looking forward to all the DIY that's going to be coming my way! I would love to come back and find an established league like this running though!

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
I would like to be involved at some point, but I'm phasing out my tournament involvement at the moment as I am due to be moving house soon... So not looking forward to all the DIY that's going to be coming my way! I would love to come back and find an established league like this running though!

It would be good to have you! I estimate that the next recruitment period (for Season Three) should be around mid- to late-September. If we're still going, that is!

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do the cups have WHL on them ? Razz

Apart from that my favourite is the third one as it dosent have any "real world" references . aLso i like the veterans medal Razz (although im not eligable for one .sob..)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work, BlackNWhiteDog! I especially like the third one along with the rampaging player on top. The Stunty advert in your sig made me laugh too!
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

my favourite is the third one as it dosent have any "real world" references .

Quote:

I especially like the third one along with the rampaging player on top.

I've added another trophy, along the same lines as the 3rd from the left!
I'll keep at it so you have a good selection to chose from. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Why do the cups have WHL on them ?

Oooops! Cos i'm a bit thick and can't spell, i'll change e'm to read WIL if there chosen. Surprised

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have a trophy with a big picture of Shadow46x2? Maybe it will inspire my rotters to win!