52 coaches online • Server time: 16:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
demastes

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

why is it that at the lower end or the ratings in ranked that the players here really only want to play thier bashy vrs my squishys? everytime i ask a coach witha human team (for example) to play my bashy team i get ignored, yet the moment i put my elves out there im flooded with offers to play there ogre and orc teams?
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If you plan to stay in ranked, get used to it. There is no reason to accept a game that might hurt their precious pixels. They can wait to find a squishy cherry rather than play your bashers.

That problem doesn't exist in the Blackbox.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

One might come to think, that lower ranked coaches are lower ranked, because they want to kill stuff primarily...
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy vs human is worse cherry picking than bashy vs elves imho.
demastes

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

it was just an example =P fine bashy vrs elves then =)
def909

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
One might come to think, that lower ranked coaches are lower ranked, because they want to kill stuff primarily...

Yes, I suspect there is some truth in that. From personal experience however, I can say that probably the main reason why my CR dropped as low as 137 when I first started playing (apart from just not being that good in the very beginning, having only played about 20 TT games before I joined fumbbl) was that I was overly protective of my players. Once I stopped caring about my pixels I started to win a lot more often.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
If you plan to stay in ranked, get used to it. There is no reason to accept a game that might hurt their precious pixels. They can wait to find a squishy cherry rather than play your bashers.

Yes, if you activate elves in black box you will get set up with an ogre or orc team with no choice in the matter. Problem solved Rolling Eyes

There is a fairly sizable faction out there that just wants to hurt stuff. If you like team development and building up for tourneys, playing these guys is counterproductive. Ranked lets you make this decision, to either build up your team, or get them trashed out-balling the bullies.

Blackbox is a one-off mentality; most players will never manage a nice, developed elf team (the ones who would post counter-examples would be the few exceptions), but you can play low/mid TR and constantly replace stuff to be competitive.
Sirdave79

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well today, I am one of the bashy teams that wanted to play you. I dont foul, I am a team builder, and before I played today I had no mighty blow no dirty player no claw etc. I prefer orcs at the minute because, since im a team builder I like av9 across the board, almost, ill make a human team and try and offer u a game soon if you like.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

Yes, if you activate elves in black box you will get set up with an ogre or orc team with no choice in the matter. Problem solved Rolling Eyes

There is a fairly sizable faction out there that just wants to hurt stuff. If you like team development and building up for tourneys, playing these guys is counterproductive. Ranked lets you make this decision, to either build up your team, or get them trashed out-balling the bullies.

Blackbox is a one-off mentality; most players will never manage a nice, developed elf team (the ones who would post counter-examples would be the few exceptions), but you can play low/mid TR and constantly replace stuff to be competitive.

I have found that all teams in BlackBox(Even AV 9) Die after 30-60 games.

If you love your pixels & want to team build, you can... Or just retire the 8 guys & make a new team.

You will play plenty of bashers in BlackBox but the advantage is to the agile teams unless you are low on players I find.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Check my necro stats for [R] and compare them to [B] and you will find that in [B] i play far less bashy teams. Probably because the bashy teams rise to the high TS levels, and my necros stay around the middle, but still it is about time we dispelled the myth that [B] is full of bashing teams.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Check my necro stats for [R] and compare them to [B] and you will find that in [B] i play far less bashy teams. Probably because the bashy teams rise to the high TS levels, and my necros stay around the middle, but still it is about time we dispelled the myth that [B] is full of bashing teams.

Why? It's a great myth. You just want to take the magic out of blood bowl don't you! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Everytime you activate in [B] a wardancer gets the boot. Think about the dancers.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Off-topic: One annoying thing about [B] is that there are often no low-mid TR teams available for me to start up my new teams with.

On-topic: Looking just at the race type is not a good indication of whether the team is bashy or not. I usually suffer more CAS v elves than v chaos, and would jump at the chance to play a low-TR Ogre team, no matter what it contained, and no matter what team i had!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are often an easy win so I'd agree.... especially if I was elves. Just think of all the completions, touchdowns etc you can get! Add in blitzing a gobbo a turn should get you a few cas SPPs too....

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

you're right...

the problem doesn't exist in blackbox...

in blackbox, instead of being able to decline the bash vs elf cherrypickers...

you're required to play them...

way to fale

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: