42 coaches online • Server time: 18:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Macavity, Macavity, or Macavity?
Macavity
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Macavity
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Macavity
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 33

SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, this thread is a shoot off of another thread: Team Concept: Halfling Pros/Positionals get a re-vamp!

Basicly the argument is whether halflings (and for that matter any other creature) should be different in Stunty as compared to Ranked and if they are different then how different they should be.

Please check out the other thread if you want any idea of the rational roots of the argument. If you arent bothered or didnt read it properly then be prepared to be hunted down and burnt.

Someday this debate may reach a resolution, but that depends on how soon we can unleash the rabid monkey into Shadow's house.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %17, %2007 - %09:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Someday this debate may reach a resolution, but that depends on how soon we can unleash the rabid monkey into Shadow's house.

Don't you mean a second rabid monkey into Shadow's house? Wink
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

fix the link

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I still dont see a reason for them being tougher relative to a goblin.

Shadow, your argument seems to be that halflings are as tough as a goblin, or can be.

Like I said, I'll try and sift through some of my good halfling fluffness stuff that i have at home (I might be quite a bit delayed in doing this, it'll be my first time home in many months). For now I'll just point at the halfling stat that we already have, it says quite clearly that halflings are significantly less tough than goblins. I think that this is already intended to bring halflings into line with their correct fluff.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabl0658 wrote:
fix the link

ooooo, point

old link

Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that halflings shouldn't be tougher than goblins. It just doesn't feel right.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

if you're talking about the "hi we're flings and we get thrown around by trees!" ranked flings....

sure, i agree...

if you're talking about a new breed of flings that are being designed for stunty that have different fluff, and a different "method" if you will than typical flings...

then no i don't agree....

to take it one step further....if your logic of "it's a fling it should be the same" was applied to all races...."it's an elf, it should be the same" we'd never have av8 delfs/helfs....or depending on which came first, av7 woodies/pro elves...

--j

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow. Thats a deliberately BS argument.

Surely you can see that there is still an average statline for each race. This average does not change but where it does there is always a specific reason in the fluff and some kind of compensation or punishment for the change.

Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, but an elf with MA 5 ST 4 AG 2 and AV 9 would feel weird as well. Small variations might work, but I have for example seen halflings with AV 8 and I hate them even more than gnomes.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Shadow. Thats a deliberately BS argument.

Surely you can see that there is still an average statline for each race. This average does not change but where it does there is always a specific reason in the fluff and some kind of compensation or punishment for the change.

how is it a deliberately BS argument? because it contradicts your faulty opinion?

if you keep holding onto these stereotypes that reaces must be a specific way, and can't deviate from that, then spinoffs will never exist...

and last i checked, there is a compensation between the ranked flings and the proposed flings....

--j

ps...and pirog...the change being suggested is a minor change...so be content Smile

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

But the compensation has always previously been in the statline. Look at elves. No all lineman elf team has a distinct advantage over another without there being a distinct disadvantage too.

It may be a minor change but it makes the flings seem less... flingy... and that would taint the love that you could bestow on the team.

Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's ST 3 and AV 8 halflings it's not minor. It's enormous. Might not unbalance the team much, but fluff wise that's not a stunty player by any means.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

really?..

lino stat line huh?....ok you have a point there...

so i guess that delfs 6348 isn't superior to pro elf 6347 then right?

i'll have to remember that next time i make up an elf team Wink

--j

ImageImage
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta love these stunty discussions...........

Some people obviously have a lot of growing up to do.

And I'm not talking about the Halflings here Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
If it's ST 3 and AV 8 halflings it's not minor. It's enormous. Might not unbalance the team much, but fluff wise that's not a stunty player by any means.

pirog, the debate in question was in reference to the following

5236 dodge, stunty, right stuff - ranked fling lino
vs
5237 dodge, stunty - stunty pro fling lino

not the stoutboy

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: