38 coaches online • Server time: 10:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GeneralCael

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Quote:
Every coach who played at least one match in the first million (I'm still amazed at that number) will be awarded... *mumbles* *mumbles* *mumbles* A healing potion. This potion will allow you, the coach, to fully cure one single, currently active, player on any of your own teams. This will work only once, and is irreversible. Once a potion is used, there is NO GOING BACK, and no "refunds" will be given. Think through your use of it very carefully. Remember, this is one use per coach and not per team. Once you use it on one team, you can NOT use it on another one.

A clarification question.. Does it work on dead guys too? Or only on nigglings and stat-drops?
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

GeneralCael wrote:
Christer wrote:
Quote:
Every coach who played at least one match in the first million (I'm still amazed at that number) will be awarded... *mumbles* *mumbles* *mumbles* A healing potion. This potion will allow you, the coach, to fully cure one single, currently active, player on any of your own teams. This will work only once, and is irreversible. Once a potion is used, there is NO GOING BACK, and no "refunds" will be given. Think through your use of it very carefully. Remember, this is one use per coach and not per team. Once you use it on one team, you can NOT use it on another one.

A clarification question.. Does it work on dead guys too? Or only on nigglings and stat-drops?

__Synn
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

lock thread....nuff said

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I hadn't my policy on the Hellfish Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I wish I hadn't my policy on the Hellfish Very Happy

Use the pot on the next injury, whoever gets it.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yay, so those of us who (wisely) sack nigglers are screwed once more! huzzah.

gotta go get a player niggled quickly so i can actually use this....

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
yay, so those of us who (wisely) sack nigglers are screwed once more! huzzah.

gotta go get a player niggled quickly so i can actually use this....

And to add insult to injury, I am going to laugh at your comment Laughing

Don't worry, key players get injuries all the time, you shouldn't have to wait too long.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'll never ever use it. I'll keep the potion as a symbol of this day.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mines going right where it belongs...

Down Stella's Gut...

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd get Stella past 126 spps first, then hit her with the healing potion. That way, you'll have her for a loong time (hopefully) -after- she's been niggled. I'm most excited to see a team like the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth get one. They completely deserve it, having held onto nigglers for far longer than many of us would have. Maybe they should get six or seven potions. I know I'd donate mine to them, if I were allowed...
Khaan

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My Boyz took an extra leap of joy there, before they realized the potion couldnt raise dead players.

Thanks anyway for an intriguing gift, though i doubt I'll ever again get a player worthy of its usage.

The Boyz
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The SlaughterHouse5000 apothecary is breathing a big sigh of relief, as it appears he will be (at least temporarily) off 'trick the troll onto the pitch' duty every few matches.

Granted, he rarely failed in his efforts to get the pumped-up, stubborn Kill-Gore Trout to play on days he (?*) was acting up, but he could do without the black eyes, broken bones, and severe concussions that came as "French Benefits" with the position...

*We assume he's a 'he.' Even the head coach is too scared to ask, and too grossed out to check otherwise!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Give Stella the potion if she gets to legendary status. Forget 126, 176 ftw! Very Happy
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye Chewie is right, last thing you want is to use the pot on a player and have them niggled by aging.

My potion is likely to get used on a legendary vampire, if I get another again and it gets niggled. Lucy is looking good. I have high hopes that she may outshine Mr Burns. I suspect that Meech may be looking to heal this Gimp which will make my goal of building the worlds greatest vampire a bit harder.

Alternatively I think that my gamewinning halfling Kyle might get it if he makes it to legend status. He may only be as strong and agile as an elf but on a halfling its ridiculously gamebreaking. Seeing the chap survive that long is pretty cool too.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %05, %2008 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm defnitely hanging on until James and/or Klik niggles on aging (or whatever)

Edit: SillySod, Kyle should be dead, I tried my best......