14 coaches online • Server time: 02:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bobs

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Now I'm not writing this with any sort of expectation just more of a topic of discussion.

What I was thinking is, wouldn't it be cool if all the skill rolls were saved somewhere, or could be reset on players to either normal doubles stats etc,
so that you could have your teams skills re-chosen from lrb4 to FFB.

Would be the most awesome way to transfer teams to the new client.

Just need to work out how to transfer players that no longer exist/have changed or how to implement new players into a team eg Norse have changed just a little. So you could have the new players in place already skilled to a team equivalent.

I know im probably dreamin but I like the idea
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dream on... Dream on Wink
Barre

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to keep track of the amount of doubles all other coaches roll. Wink

However, in the interest of teams remaining genuine I think it still falls short. The new rule set changes the nature of the game, deaths on the pitch are increased compared to aging rolls, claw is a major boon against av7 teams, that sort of thing has changed, as a result players with claw in lrb4 would have had a free ride so to speak compared to their ffb equivalent. So I am still of the opinion that the only real means for porting teams is a tv1000 reset.

House rule leagues should be free to do what they like though, assuming the means are available.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd assume that Claw and RSC would translate to Claw in FFB. If a player picked up both skills, then they should get Mighty Blow as a functional equivalent... If they had all 3, that MB was a lost skill anyway - tell them they're dreaming...

As for teams that have changed - grandfather them, so that they cannot buy the old positionals... As Norse blitzers die, make it so they cant replace them until the are down to less than 2. Same goes for ogres and Nurgle... It could make for some fun "transitional" teams, and would give the older times an amount of time to adjust to the ffb environment, and eventually be eligible to compete in majors again...

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot the other good reason why i like this idea.

By redoing all the skills you could remove all the aging niggles from your players.

FFB ftw.

Jump to: