24 coaches online • Server time: 01:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw a game were a Bull Centaur with Break Tackle and Dodge did a dodge and rolled a 1, the client says he used the Break Tackle skill which is still a failure because the roll was a 1, and then his Dodge skill kicked in and rerolled a 4 which is a successful dodge without Break Tackle. Does the FFB client use Break Tackle on a 1 or does it just say it does? Since a 1 is an automatic failure no matter what, it shouldn't use the skill at all. In the situation above, the bull only needed to make one dodge, so it was OK, but lets say he needed to make two dodges, he should've had Break Tackle still available to him on the second dodge but wouldn't have had it since the client wasted it on the first roll of 1.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

as i understand the rules: If you use a skill that effects a roll and you reroll that roll, the effects of the skill will be still working for the reroll. More important seems the question if break tackle was used then and not available for a second dodge. You could have easily checked this by looking wether or not the skill would appear kursiv for the turn...
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, if working properly, it shouldn't make you waste the BT if you roll 1,(rr),4 (4 being enough to make the dodge with no BT). Not sure if it's working in the client, but I'll look for it next time I fail a BT on a 1 and have the reroll available.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Reported already: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=270
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What I mean is that the client said it used Break Tackle on a dodge roll of 1. A dodge roll of a 1 is an automatic failure so no person would chose to use the skill. The client shouldn't be automatically using Break Tackle on a dodge roll of 1 (or 6 for that matter because it's an automatic success) because then the player won't be able to use it later if he rerolls the 1 and dodges successfully with the reroll.

In the game I saw, the Bull rolled a 1 which was an automatic failure and Break Tackle shouldn't have been used. The Bull then rerolled with Dodge and got a 4, which was a successful dodge so Break Tackle wasn't needed. That means the Bull should've had the Break Tackle skill available for use in a later dodge if needed, but if the client used it on the first roll, then the Bull wouldn't have it available because it was already used.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have done some fixing to the break tackle skill for the next version. It is more clearly worded when it is used and not used and it works correctly together with dodge.
However the issue when your opponent have diving tackle still persists somewhat, need to put more work into that.

The case that MisterFurios is talking about is one of those that are fixed.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish we can have a huge discussion about the correct wording and implementation of the Break Tackle rule. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

When you use a RR to reroll a result, it is still considered the same action, just you have another chance of making it. This implies that any skill you could use on the first roll can be used on the reroll. Works almost as intended. In effect, the game should give you the choice to use it on the first roll. If you used it and RR, BT is still in action. If you didn't and reroll, you shouldn't be able to use it. However, everything considered, why wouldn't you use it if you failed the roll as it would mean a turnover? Unless it's a pre-arranged game, I don't see any reason so for all purpose, I'd say work as intended (in effect a bug that is so minor that it's not worth looking into). Is my understanding correct?

Meta
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

break dive tackle

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2011 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
IHowever the issue when your opponent have diving tackle still persists somewhat, need to put more work into that.

What's the issue?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2011 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I wish we can have a huge discussion about the correct wording and implementation of the Break Tackle rule. Smile

you're evil Twisted Evil
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2011 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how diving takle and rerolling got dragged into this. The point I was trying to make is that the client says it is using Break Tackle on a 1 when it shouldn't. My example about the Bull rerolling with Dodge was to illustrate why the client using Break Tackle on 1 is bad. It's bad because if you roll a 1 and the client uses Break Tackle and you reroll and successfully dodge, you won't have your Break Tackle for use later. The rerolling isn't the issue I was bringing up, though. It's the client using Break Tackle on a 1. A 1 is an automatic failure no matter what, so there is no reason to use your Break Tackle skill. Using your Break Tackle skill on a 1 is a waste. Using Break Tackle on a 6 is also a waste. I don't know if there's ever a situation were the client would use Break Tackle on a 6, but it shouldn't because it would be a waste.

The client should not use the Break Tackle skill on a 1 or a 6. That is my point. Forget the dodging and the rerolling and diving tackle and any other crap. The client should not use Break Tackle on a 1 or a 6. If it uses a player's Break Tackle on a 1 or a 6, then they can't use Break Tackle later in the turn and that's bad.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2011 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterFurious wrote:
I don't know how diving takle and rerolling got dragged into this. The point I was trying to make is that the client says it is using Break Tackle on a 1 when it shouldn't. My example about the Bull rerolling with Dodge was to illustrate why the client using Break Tackle on 1 is bad. It's bad because if you roll a 1 and the client uses Break Tackle and you reroll and successfully dodge, you won't have your Break Tackle for use later. The rerolling isn't the issue I was bringing up, though. It's the client using Break Tackle on a 1. A 1 is an automatic failure no matter what, so there is no reason to use your Break Tackle skill. Using your Break Tackle skill on a 1 is a waste. Using Break Tackle on a 6 is also a waste. I don't know if there's ever a situation were the client would use Break Tackle on a 6, but it shouldn't because it would be a waste.

The client should not use the Break Tackle skill on a 1 or a 6. That is my point. Forget the dodging and the rerolling and diving tackle and any other crap. The client should not use Break Tackle on a 1 or a 6. If it uses a player's Break Tackle on a 1 or a 6, then they can't use Break Tackle later in the turn and that's bad.

i think the point was made 3 times already Smile

Lakrillo is working on fixing bugs on the client and he said he is working on this one so that it'll be working properly on the next issue.

The diving tackle thing is another known issue regarding break tackle and dodge, that is linked to the one you stated.

By the way, if you find more bugs, the proper right to report them is in the bug tracking system: http://fumbbl.com/p/bugs , and probably they have been reported already.
Lofwyr

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2011 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
I have done some fixing to the break tackle skill for the next version.

The case that MisterFurios is talking about is one of those that are fixed.

Didn't you read that, MisterFurious?
Not only is the bug you found allready known, it is even fixed in the next version of the client.

Edit: ahhh, a little to late...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2011 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

too furious for reading!

Jump to: