19 coaches online • Server time: 04:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the sacrificial defense be an illegal counter to ClawPOMB on FUMBBL?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as it's safer to be on the ground prone or even pushed into the crowd then face the wrath of a team full of ClawPOMB,
Seeing as it's relatively easy to come back and score in the second half when you still have most of your team,
Seeing as you still might score via a one turner, TTM or riot after your ClawPOMB opponent stalls out the rest of the first half after you've offered your 3 sacrificial victims,
Seeing as your ClawPOMB opponent might actually decide to not stall out the half after witnessing your token resistance

Offering a sacrifice to a ClawPOMB opponent might actually be a good defense against this overused and arguably overpowered team build.

Should this type of strategy be illegal on FUMBBL?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There are threads like this and people still believe CRP is the best rule set....

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to me a smart coach (which by no means do I count myself as one of these) would score quickly and maim you on defense. Even if the cpomb coach gave up a quick score they would have a 3 fresh LOS victims on their way to the endzone for another score on the next possession.

Should this be illegal? No, I don't think so, though it doesn't sound like much fun for either team.

Which leads to the question of if this is your strategy, why play at all?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what you mean. Is this the "hide in corner" defense?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
Seems to me a smart coach (which by no means do I count myself as one of these) would score quickly and maim you on defense. Even if the cpomb coach gave up a quick score they would have a 3 fresh LOS victims on their way to the endzone for another score on the next possession.

Should this be illegal? No, I don't think so, though it doesn't sound like much fun for either team.

Which leads to the question of if this is your strategy, why play at all?

Against a non bash team this tactic might work, although the preferred method of play is the 8 turn ground & pound tactic, which hasn't changed from LRB4.

Against another killer team this would be suicide. So basically I suppose I don't think your suggestion would work at all!

When healthy bash teams face each other now it's more 'CointossBowl' than 'BloodBowl' as many coaches will now attest to. It's tragic that the game has come down to this.....and yet LRB6 is more popular?

WOW. Just WOW Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Fight the power! Playing to win is over-rated.

See: LRB6 Ogre team.... Or thinking about it... Playing with an 11 snotling team.

how is on-field tactics any different from roster choice?

so in answer to your question, no type of strategy should be illegal. Good day!

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

there's already an out of control blog post about this...we do not need more discussion....

stop it...

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: