72 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JmBeers

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we get some support here to try and convince the right people being home or away should actually make us Blue or Red.

In a perfect world when you create your team I'd love a color select.

Something with 3+ home colors and 3+ away colors. No home color options are the same color as an away option. This avoids the chance of teams having the same color on the field. When you make your team you select one available home and away team color.

Lets be honest.
Many teams look better in blue anyways. But can anyone else see Chaos running around in Black, Orcs in Gold, Elves in White, or Slann in Purple? Be sweet right?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah. Messing about with the colours would confuse a lot of the old people on the site.
And a lot of Fumbbl coaches are pretty old. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The second part won't happen so ignore it if you'd like,

But I would still like the teams to actually don home or away colors.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be cool with color options, the old people could just use the red and blue options.

The current colors actually confuse me sometimes in zombie vs zombie match ups. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just writing about you couldn't do the first part, as it affects your opponent, who has to play in the same colour. But it doesn't, does it. As it is, you both play in red, which doesn't affect each other. So I see no reason why you shouldn't do this (beyond client coding).

I think this would be an excellent feature request.

As for different coloured teams. We thought about that, but have 'generally' stuck with red and blue, as these are striking and visually easy to see. What's more, they are colours that aren't used as colour skin. 2 examples however where we haven't are 2 of the best sets that have been done. Mr furious's Horror team, is the best icon set out there imo and they're done in pink and pale blue. Also snakesanders uncompleted Slann set, was done with skin colours of beige and green instead of colours.

The client now supports custom icons, however the site does not. I believe this is something Christer wants though, so hopefully it will happen. When/if it does, I think you'll see a lot of people doing different coloured icons.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 11:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Having custom colours isn't beyond the realm of possibility, as you can see in the following proof of concept code I'm working on:

http://playground.fumbbl.com/IconBuilder/

You'll have to excuse the horrible graphics, but the idea of the system is to allow someone to create suitable SVG icon "parts" and put together a custom icon. As you can see, the system supports colour substitution as well to effectively any colour you want.

In terms of preventing weird settings to mess up your game, the client could allow you to switch between user set colours and default colours.
JmBeers

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers!!! Sounds Great.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mice in Black want to play in Black Wink
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ShhhhhhhhhaaaaaWING! Can't wait. Next to getting the logos back on the field, custom colors would be the cat's meow!

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2012 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

+1.

(I'd say that being able to recycle retired team names would be the pinnacle of win*, but this would be a Good Thing, no doubt!)

(* And C has said that isn't going to happen soon, if ever. So just sayin'.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: