15 coaches online • Server time: 05:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Collins254

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have been playing the cyanide edition recently, (dont hate me)

Anyway i was having a potch about with the blitz mode where they added a bunch of home made rules and saw how ridiculous it is.
It is possible to make players, it is possible to ad +1/+2/+2/+1 to a players stats with an additional +1 to a single stat using the different inducement/armour/training options that "blitz" mode gives a player.

I know it is only vs the ai but it still means its possible to field any player who is natural str7 which is hard but not impossible to get and fanatics and deathrollers start at str 7 up to str10 or an ag6 player up to ag9!!

In the very "best" case scenario you could get a vampire player who has reached legend status with all stat+ could look like this 8/6/6/8 before a game, with equipment could be 9/7/7/9 and potions to get 9/8/8/9 and training to potentially be (9or10)/(8or9)/(8or9)/(9or10) i know theres a hell of alot of ifs and buts there but the thought that its even possible is insane i would be terrified if i saw a say 7/9/7/9 Vampire with Block/Dodge/Pro for example or a wardancer thats got +2str could easily be 9/7/6/8 Block,Dodge,Leap,Tackle,Jump up,Frenzy,Pro?

mind blown, that is all...

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

That is because cyanide is a stupid video game of a good strategy/dice luck game called Blood Bowl.

koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are able to edit players you should be able to give them the maximums.

You should be able to give them RSC as well. Wink

In the old days you used to be able to upload the edited players to the multiplayer server. For some reason this was considered a bug. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

This has no place in General chat, preferably not any place on this fine site. Maybe Settra can pay Cyanide a visit...

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well its not really "editing" its all through inducements.

The equpiment costs team cash and can be bought for players before you start a match and each piece gives them a chance of +1 in a respective stat for the next few games.
Then they added strength and agility potions to the list of inducements for 70k/40k respectively which again have a chance of increasing the relative stat, then 1 player may under go "pre-match training" for a chance to boost 1 stat by 1 for that game which you can always do nd does not cost anything.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
This has no place in General chat, preferably not any place on this fine site. Maybe Settra can pay Cyanide a visit...

Sorry i didnt mean to offend i just wanted people to see what happens when someone gets carried away making up their own rules lol.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Collins254 wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

Sorry i didnt mean to offend i just wanted people to see what happens when someone gets carried away making up their own rules lol.

Nothing negative intended at you, I just have a bit of a hate on for Cyanide. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Collins254 wrote:
well its not really "editing" its all through inducements.

The equpiment costs team cash and can be bought for players before you start a match and each piece gives them a chance of +1 in a respective stat for the next few games.
Then they added strength and agility potions to the list of inducements for 70k/40k respectively which again have a chance of increasing the relative stat, then 1 player may under go "pre-match training" for a chance to boost 1 stat by 1 for that game which you can always do nd does not cost anything.

I'm not sure what the problem is really.

The commissioner's word is law. You can chuck in whatever nonsense you think that your coaches will find fun.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So, how many Vampires with 9/8/8/9 and Block, Dodge, Leap, Tackle, Jump Up, Frenzy and Pro does it take to form a thriving equitable Bloodbowl community?

However many it is, I've heard that Cyanide aren't there yet...

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

My kids (7 and 9) love this option.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind Cyanide is a feeder to this site as well as a competitor. I hadn't even thought about bloodbowl since the 90s until the Cyanide game came out. When seeking play advice I stumbled across the fumbbl forums. That led to me coming here, and I know a lot of coaches arrived here the same way. Don't see why we can't help cyanide players.

I think blitz mode is dumb. I liked Cyanide SP a lot better before I got good at bloodbowl. The AI just isn't good enough to compete, and I won 90% of my games before I even learned how to play half decently. The MP would be fine if they had a "mark player" option like they do here. I think the animations are pretty good. Misclicks happen more often on Cyanide too, their UI could use a complete overhaul in BB2.

The announcers get tiresome, but they were a lot of fun. I've put about 250 hours into the Cyanide game according to my steam account, so I can't say I didn't get my money's worth.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Keep in mind Cyanide is a feeder to this site as well as a competitor. I hadn't even thought about bloodbowl since the 90s until the Cyanide game came out. When seeking play advice I stumbled across the fumbbl forums. That led to me coming here.

Seriously, all the warts and scars aside, Cyanide's client introduced me to the game and I'm grateful for it - how else would I have known about fumbbl and the more robust data storage and people who care about the history of their teams and development?

I feel like there needs to be a middle man solution called stumbbl for getting coaches playing regularly in cyanide's version to give fumbbl a shot.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The new [L]eague division should accept cyanide results too. OBBLM does that. That would surely get some new members.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Collins254 wrote:
So I have been playing the cyanide edition recently, (dont hate me)

Anyway i was having a potch about with the blitz mode [...]

Why would anyone bother playing blitz-mode?

Explanation for people unfamiliar with Cyanide:
Blitz-Mode has been an attempt to translate the boardgame into a RTS-game. No one actually plays it as far as I know.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

buff all mens!

Jump to: