53 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should current ***Did you know*** 's be updated?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 20 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 30

TheWrrenchWieldingMonkey

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As we know facts are put up as ***did you know.
As most of these are unable to be achieve/broken, i believe we should have stats also shown for the current LRB. To show 250,000 crowd for example as the highest, this is unable to be broken or even equally, as currently, we can get a grand total of 50,000 provided both coaches role the absolutely maximum with 18 fan factor each.

I believe just some little goals and stats that are able to be broken realistically despite how minuscule and the degree of difficulty to do so. Would make for a better game and give coaches that little bit more inspiration
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree.

Records should be divided by rulebook edition. It's the only way to give them a coherent meaning.
TheWrrenchWieldingMonkey

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not like I'm asking or even suggesting that any admins do any work Smile even a simple post linked off this forum with provided evidence of facts for the current LRB, by the fans for the admins to implement into the website could even be fun. Allowing the facts to be put into proper context.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monkey with a wrench? Saywut?!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

what facts?

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd agree if all the important stuff was already done.

I'd rather see the awards done for instance.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote keep them. Those are the records, they happened.

Nobody in MLB is going to break Jack Taylor's 39 consecutive complete games streak. Nor Old Hoss Radbourn's 1884 win total of 59. It's not even remotely probable that Cy Young's 749 complete games in a career get challenged. These records aren't pulled for good reason. They are part of history, just like the all-time records on the fumbbl site.
hebus

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I am big fan of the "did you know?". I don't think it should be changed, but it should certainly get an update. It seems that the same facts come up more than others.

Can we have stunty stars in the "did you know?"
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

While we're there can we remove this match from the most cas did you know?

It kind of irks me that it's not a proper game, especially considering the coaches involved. Of course this in no way has anything to do with the game that it replaced featured of my teams. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah don't think they need to remove old facts, just add in the updated ones. Perhaps someone could compile the list so the admin has to just copy and paste them into the code (with a bit of tweaking).

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see a host of new "Did you know..." items. We should start a list of interesting facts:

• There are X players with a TD, Cas, Int, Completion in a game.
• There are X players with a TD, Cas, Int, Completion and MVP in a game.
• Player X has the most combined TDs and Casualties
• Most consecutive wins belongs to team X with Y games.

Add "Currently active" player stats, so we can see the currently living legends (and aspire to them).

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 18:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Furthest flung fling Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

neoliminal wrote:
I'd love to see a host of new "Did you know..." items. We should start a list of interesting facts:

• There are X players with a TD, Cas, Int, Completion in a game.
• There are X players with a TD, Cas, Int, Completion and MVP in a game.
• Player X has the most combined TDs and Casualties
• Most consecutive wins belongs to team X with Y games.

Add "Currently active" player stats, so we can see the currently living legends (and aspire to them).

There are similar stats in the Spluttanica: https://fumbbl.com/help:Individual+Records
But that doesn't appear to be maintained. Rather than asking for admins to make changes, I think what would really help is for someone to volunteer to take over the role formerly carried out by Lord Splutticus. Ideally, this is where I should do so, but I'm afraid my priorities lie elsewhere.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I'd agree if all the important stuff was already done.

I'd rather see the awards done for instance.

Pretty much this. There is only one guy working on the site, and his time is limited. Things like DYK are mid to low priority.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock, is the DYK thing something that other less qualified people could contribute to? Obviously it's pinging the DB for results but that's not incredibly hard.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

@neoliminal: FUMBBL API is open, if you want to craft something. If you do, perhaps someone will want to integrate it on the site. Smile
 Jump to: