53 coaches online • Server time: 19:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's the best thing you can do for an abandoned demon?
Raise him to be a proper ClawPOMBer.
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Use his incredible access to mutations to actually make a good ball carrier.
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Send him to school. Maybe he doesn't want to play Blood Bowl.
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Kill the little bugger. I HATE chaos.
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Buy him some pie.
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 43

WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a sad thing in life when people are left out. It's even sadder when someone is rejected from the job they were literally created to do. Here at Woodpusher's Home for Abandoned Demons we are full of talented young guys who were rejected by a society that made them the way they are. Please, adopt/sponsor a demon today and get him to do something constructive with his life.

Member of The Adoption Center

I'm looking for people to "adopt" players.
Here's what I need from you:
In a post-
-Position of the player you would like to adopt
-Player name
In a PM to me or on the post depending on length-
-A bio for the player (please keep with the abandoned demon theme) of at least 2 sentences, although if you wish it could be much longer
-How you would like that player to skill up, for ex)
Normal rolls) block, extra arms, fend
Double rolls) dodge
Skill ups) +ST, +AG, +MA
and whether I should take the stat or double on double 5s

Feel free to also send me a pic if you want for the player, but that is not at all required. Also don't be scared to make me skill your player in a unique way. It's all about the adopt e.

The team has 11 players right now, 4 CW, 7 goats, and a minotaur.

I don't need any players right now, but if you wish, you may go on the waiting list for when I need to replace a player.

Last edited by WoodPusher on %b %13, %2013 - %17:%Jul; edited 13 times in total
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garrison Frost-Warrior:
Block, *Dodge, Sure Hands, *+MA, *Sprint, Tackle

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro 'Salty Lips" Ball Slurper - Beastman

Normals) Block, MB, Claw, PO, Tackle, Fend, Guard
Doubles) - none until the Bl/Clpomb are taken, then Jump up, Dodge
Stats: +ST if rolled

J-dog the Ball Slurper is a product of today's demon society. Beaten as a impling by his spawners, and abused by the demon dogs and cats of the neighbourhood, J-dog made his way the only way he knew how, by slurping balls for the bigger demons and thus earning favours. Eventually he picked up - along with various horrific demonic diseases, a propensity for violence. He had become 'malinged!" (nb: ball-slurping is the age old demon art of cleaning the ball after bloodbowl).

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Position: Chaos Warrior (female!)
Name: Lorbata "Ghandi" Gutripper
Background: Lorbata was well on her way to become one of the most fearsome demons of her time. She terrorized many mortals and had kings groveling at her feet and thanking her for devouring their newborns in exchange for some petty power. Her peers were doing everything they could to stop her growing more powerful and influential but to no avail. And then one day it happened. She was about to shred a sacrificial maiden to pieces and was holding her by her throat up in the air. Lorbata's Dagger of Desecration was fuming with evil and the maiden had fainted in fear. That's when Lorbata's hand wouldn't move. Slowly her grip on the maiden's throat and the Dagger of Desecration loosened and both the poor thing and the weapon crashed to the ground, breaking the girl's legs in the process. Lorbata didn't notice though. What just happened? she thought. She turned around and walked towards the lord who was wetting himself in anticipation of what was about to come. Lorbata stormed forwards ready to murder the man and eat his remains in front of the entire town. But she didn't. She stopped inches from the man and her eyes started to twitch. "No... no... NO! NOOOOO!!!" Lorbata cried out. Her green-slimed wings started to melt and as she tried to teleport back to her homeplane she knew it was too late. Her god had abandoned her. The air shimmered around her but then with a "pop" her magical abilities were stripped away from her. Tears streamed from her eyes. Some minor demons appeared in the town square and as they realized that it's true that the mighty and cruel Lobata Gutripper has lost her powers they started to laugh and mock her. None dared to actually attack her and with her head low in disgrace Lorbata fled the lands.

Lorbata traveled for weeks upon weeks before she met Woodpusher. She was wary of his offer but after meeting some other members of his Home of Abandoned Demons she gave in. Playing a game seemed silly but at least it's a bloody game. She'd either find a way to gain her powers back or she'd have something to do before the end of days.

Skill up:
Normal rolls: Mighty Blow, Block, Disturbing Presence, Guard, Stand Firm
Double rolls: Side Step
Stats: +ST/+AG

Last edited by Badoek on %b %16, %2013 - %07:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, female demon. Pretty cool.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops just realised that it's ranked so clawpomb not really viable.

Aesthetic Daemon - Warrior

If you never want games -
Normals) Block, MB, Claw, PO, Frenzy, Tackle
Doubles) - none until the Bl/Clpomb are taken, then Jump up
Stats: +ST if rolled

If you want games -
Normals) Block, Guard, MB, Tentacles, Tackle, Claw
Doubles) - Dodge, Sidestep
Stats: All

The most handsome daemon that ever lived(?)! Khorne banished him from the Realm of Chaos because he was simply irresistible to the Daemonettes. Trapped in the mortal realm, Aesthetic Daemon finds himself killing from match to match, putting things dead that once were alive and hoping each time, that his next cas will be the cas home.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ch'Thul the Hoarder

Once, aeons ago, Ch'Thul was a lesser demon of Tzeentch. His mission was to gather the souls of elvenkind, and imprison them for his master. One fateful night, Tzeentch realized Ch'Thul had been holding back on him, by keeping the best elven souls for himself, he banished Ch'Thul to the mortal plane. Here, he would atone for his sins. Ch'Thul was stripped of his demonic powers, and bound by sorcery to harvest the blood bowl pitch for the souls of elves. His hope is to one day gather enough souls to please Tzeentch, and then be allowed to return to his master's good graces

Progression:
*diving tackle, *dodge, *sidestep (unless stand firm), block, prehensile tail, stand firm (unless sidestep), tackle, mighty blow, guard.
Stats to take: +AG/+ST only.

Special: Whenever Ch'Thul kills an elf, he harvests his soul for Tzeentch. Once he has killed 25 elves, Tzeentch will accept him back into the fold (and Ch'Thul will retire from the team)

Note that star players don't die, so they don't count towards his quotum. Similarly, RIP apo nonRIP do not count (unless the opponent chooses the RIP result of course). Wood elf treemen are not elves, while chaos pact dark elves are. Blocks, fouls, and (hopefully many) failed dodges from his TZs do all factor in.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %18, %2013 - %21:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, cool. That's the fourth warrior. Smile Never retired a healthy player before, but I really hope he makes it. That would be really cool.

Last edited by WoodPusher on %b %18, %2013 - %21:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
I have no idea what ninja'd is, but OK, 4 warriors taken.

This is Ninja'd.

WoodPusher wrote:
Okay, cool. That's the fourth warrior. Smile

Haha you (kind of) ninja'd me by editing your previous post! Very meta.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Boneclaw Grimdark

Boneclaw Grimdark was rising rapidly in the ranks of daemons, torturing the helpless, slaying heroes, toying with his followers, anything expected of a dark lord of the underworld he did to get ahead. And he would have reached greatness had it not been for Countess Lilith Hantu Kopek ruler of Bloodfire Palace and the Se7en Districts and divine socialite in the highest demonic courts.

Ignoring all tales of the Countess' bloody dealings with insufferable admirers he pursued her affections head over heels. Being so young, beautiful and bold he did entertain her for a few hours and as a reward she decided to spare his life but making sure he would never bore her again she replaced his desire for her with that of an egg shaped leather thing.

And so the young lordling left his promising career, travelling to the mortal realm to chase the love of his life, ball as it was called in mortal tongue, for the rest of his existence.

RETCON: That naughty Countess also gave him a furry hide and a tendency to piss in his own beard.

Position: Beastman

Skills: Surehands, Block, Mightyblow, Two heads, Tackle, Claw

Doubles: Dodge, Jump up, Sure Feet, Catch, Side Step, Sprint

Stats: +MA, +AG, +ST

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Whoops just realised that it's ranked so clawpomb not really viable.

Yeah, I though about making this team black box but chose ranked in case I ever wanted to have a specific match, like with another fluff driven team for example.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Slaarth "The Slovenly" Greathoof.

Slaarth was a hunter demon in a Slaanesh war band. Many of the fighters had no time for common tasks, in between fighting or engaging in depraved treatment of slaves and each other, so Slaarth was sent out to trap all manner of beasts which could later be roasted and eaten. Slaarth was blessed by Slaanesh with a sharp eye and an ability to bring down large prey with his bare hands so her acolytes could eat well. The demon was not satisfied with his role though and was given little credit by the pathetic members of the tribe. He grew tired of trekking for creatures to catch and one day butchered two of the Slaaneshi steeds kept close to the camp. That night the tribe enjoyed their finest meal for years and congratulated Slaarth on finding the sumptuous, nay dizzyingly, good meat. However the eyes of Slaanesh briefly rested on Slaarth and the carcasses. All those who had eaten of the sacred meat were wracked with pain in their stomachs and died in convulsions. Slaarth had not eaten any but was cursed and deformed into a humble beastman.
In shame Slaarth stumbled through the wastes until he came upon a Blood Bowl team and decided his new glories would be in hunting ball carriers on the Blood Bowl field.

Normal Skills: Wrestle, Two Heads, tackle, strip ball, Very Long Legs (after Leap),
Double skills: Dodge, Leap,
Stats: +AG/ST
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2013 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
Okay, cool. That's the fourth warrior. Smile Never retired a healthy player before, but I really hope he makes it. That would be really cool.

If he does, he'll probably be legend by then. Hope you still think it's cool by that time! =D
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2013 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I've decided that I will adopt a beastman. Hopefully the others don't take this as favoritism.

Grong the Coward

Grong began his life as a man. He was a simple man, an accountant, not wanting to trouble anyone. Unfortunately, one day Grong offended an old woman. He didn't mean to, but offended she was. The old woman turned out to be a witch, and cursed him, turning him into a hairy and horned beast. Grong was run out of the village he resided in and forced to take refuge at Woodpusher's Home for Abandoned Demons. He was to scared to play Blood Bowl initially, but coach WoodPusher convinced him that he could play the position that avoided trouble the most.

Normal Skills: Block, Kick, Fend, Dirty Player
Double Skills: Dodge, Hail Mary Pass
Stats: +ST/+AV/+AG

Last edited by WoodPusher on %b %19, %2013 - %04:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2013 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
I've decided that I will adopt a beastman. Hopefully the others don't take this as favoritism.

Grong the Coward

Grong began his life as a man. He was a simple man, an accountant, not wanting to trouble anyone. Unfortunately, one day Grong offended an old woman. He didn't mean to, but offended she was. The old woman turned out to be a witch, and cursed him, turning him into a hairy and horned beast. Grong was run out of the village he resided in and forced to take refuge at Woodpusher's Home for Abandoned Demons. He was to scared to play Blood Bowl initially, but coach WoodPusher convinced him that he could play the position that avoided trouble the most.

Normal Skills: Block, Kick, Fend, Dirty Player
Double Skills: Dodge, Hail Mary Pass
Stats: +ST/+AV

surely sneaky git on a double?

Jump to: