23 coaches online • Server time: 01:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hail mary pass for stalling?
Yay! :DD
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Nay!! >:(
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fumblers!

I came up with this new tactic to stalling. Theres a possibility that this tactic has already been discovered, but Im new to here so let me know if it has been discussed about.

Would it be a valid tactic to use hail mary pass for stalling? Lets assume that were are playing an AG team against a bash team. We are leading the game by one and being outnumbered. We are receiving the kick. We pick up the ball with the player with hmp and run him to our end zone, whilst the other players are trying to keep the enemy away. When the enemy players are getting dangerously close we throw the ball to the opponents end zone.

Could be a good tactic, propably it just sucks. Discuss!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds damn smart to me

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I do this all the time, except i am usually trailing by one. doh.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There are better / more reliable tactics, but the old hoof up the pitch is often a good way to stop slow opponents from scoring and where most of their team has rushed forward. You don't need Hail Mary though - just a rr (or pass skill) to make sure it doesn't fumble - just run forward as far as you can and then lob the ball 10 squares further forward for a long pass, inaccurate is fine.

Ideally where most opponent's cant reach but where some of your players can.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a valid tactic. However not new. As an example lrb 4 khemri were rather 1 dimensional with no back up plan. So 1 back up plan was to put hmp on a thro rah and us him for this tactic. The only problem with this was; khemri aren't exactly fast, so realising plan a (foul the (insert word) out of your opponent wasn't working and initiate plan b needed to be exact and most likely pre-guessed and actually getting the hmp plan to work (1/4 chance maybe) wasn't good.

With a better diving catch you stand more chance, but waste more TV. So, is it stalling? No. Is it new? No, but a new take on an old concept. Is it worth while? No, certainly not.

However it's fun and will work in your favour sometimes.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Another tactic is to keep your HMP player deep on defence.

Then it you finally get the ball off the other player when he is breaking into your half (or deep in your half), you can grab the ball, hand off to the HMP player and your opponent gets to watch it sail miles over his players head.
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like HMP for this. I've actually been known to use this tactic on offense as well. Have two receivers deep and a vulnerable thrower? Send the ball out over their heads, and whichever one doesn't get blitzed can go pick up the ball next turn for the score!
latulike

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It does work, even for winning! Take a look at this awesome match of mine (My HLP Humans fighting 4 vs 9 almost a whole match and winning the game).

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3418170
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad but fun.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, nice punt
 Jump to: