26 coaches online • Server time: 09:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2013 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the NWFL Weekly forum thread for Season VIII! I will be using this thread to post regular recaps of games and analysis of the league standings, as well as scattered bonus features. If you want an idea of what that will look like, you can take a gander at last season's thread. To set some ground rules for this thread: I do not object to anyone else chiming in with comments regarding the league happenings, or questions, or anything else that you feel like sharing with the league. However, I would prefer that trash-talk generally stay out of this thread, so that the signal-to-noise ratio stays reasonably high. That said, welcome, and enjoy yourself!

I'll be starting the season off with a look at the teams that made an impact last season, in both a literal and figurative sense - the top four teams from the playoffs, and the CAS and TD leaders. Enjoy!

--

Detroit Delvers - coach Miyuso
Season VII record: 5-2-7
47 CAS inflicted

The Delvers were actually in second place for CAS last season, but with the departure of the Snarkville Smurfs are the returning casualty kings. An exceedingly large amount of Dodge for a dwarven team as well as a large-but-expected amount of Guard help these dwarves punch through their opposition. With their injured members retired to make it under the cap, the Delvers should be back tackling their foes into submission in no time.

Essen Exsanguinators - coach RobRoyDuncan
Season VII record: 10-0-4
29 TDs scored

A late push saw the Exsanguinators steal the TD crown during the last week, out-elfing the elves. It didn't help them in the playoffs, though, with a first-round exit, and they have already run into problems in the Preseason, with Super Star vamp Vlaada "The Schemer" Chvátil killed through apo and regen. With a thrall also permed into retirement, Essen will be a while building back up to fighting weight.

Alethkar Shard Warriors - coach cyric612
Season VII record: 9-3-2
made finals of NWC

The Shard Warriors have been steadily improving, boasting a well-developed team spearheaded by a +AG werewolf and a double +AG wight. The salary cap forced them to cut their second wolf, Super Star Kaladin Stormblessed, but with him having only rolled normal skills, this can be seen as an opportunity rather than a loss. Look for them to be very dangerous once they get a chance to acquire and skill their new werewolf.

White Rock Midnight - coach licker
Season VII record: 9-3-2
made finals of AWC

White Rock has a bench full of stat-freaks, with four +AGs and a +ST among their players. Blitzer Miguel Swatsom is a particularly nasty ball-springer, but an MNG during the first preseason game left him unable to help his team avoid a loss. White Rock should recover from that to be a threat during the regular season.

Joplin Disasters - coach Sutherlands
Season VII record: 9-2-3
Won NWC

Joplin fought injuries all last season, but still won the NWC and made a good showing in the championship game. They have retained some skilled but injured players through the off-season, choosing instead to cut their Star troll (with four normal skill rolls) and fire their goblin. It will be interesting to see how the team develops as it builds back up.

Surrey Serpents - coach Blazer
Season VII record: 10-1-3
Won Preseason, AWC, Superior Bowl

The Serpents were dominant early, faltered in the middle of Season VII, and finished strong en route to a Superior Bowl victory. They have retained the core of their team, choosing to drop rerolls instead of discarding skilled -MA sauri or skinks with doubles or stat boosts. They face a long climb back up to three rerolls and a bench, but are used to playing short-handed. Barring further perms, they should be in good shape once the regular season begins.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2013 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well written! Always looking forward to the match write ups and analysis through the season. Alas, the miners haven't had a feature win, but this season we will be THE team to watch.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2013 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That vampire had it coming. Fodder for the fodder god!
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

We mourn the final death of Versas-Khan, a top notch Tomb Guardian, and original member of the Necropolis Priest Kings. Playing in 47 games, he never missed a game, racked up an impressive 21 casualties, and even a touchdown. Versas-Khan's blocking skills had made him a lynchpin of the Priest Kings. He will be sorely missed.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

A bloody first week so far, with 17 RIPs and perms on players through the first 11 games. Vlaada "The Schemer" Chvátil from the Essen Exsanguinators and Versas-Khan from the Necropolis Priest Kings have already been mentioned here, but the list also includes two skilled ghouls with the North West Walking Brawls - one +AG, one Block/Guard - three rats from the Vatican City Popes, and many, many more. 265 SPP of players, cut down or maimed. Good job, everyone!
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Hooray for Blood! \o/
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I keep trying to figure out what to say...

On to round two!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2013 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

And this is just the preseason.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2013 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be a GREAT season. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2013 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Man winning a match recruiting a player from the other team via Death and buying a new werewolf can really up the tr of a team in a hurry. Semi Final rematch coming up in this week of the preseason! Shard Warriors vs the Joplin Disasters!
shoebdoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2013 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

RRD, the write ups are awesome, love the power rankings Smile

the Vaticans still managed a tie with all that carnage...I suppose I should have focused more on winning and less on the blood....
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2013 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Bull... the Mackville Pro Bowlers are one-upping you on cas through the first two games here. That would be ELVES with NO MIGHTY BLOW...

Tell your short hairs to step it up Wink
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2013 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well WR is no threat to this...

In our lat 7 matches we have caused 4 CAS, and all of those came in one game.

That's 6 of 7 matches where we caused 0 CAS. In the meantime we've taken 20 over that same span, though thankfully none were serious to anyone who mattered.

You'd think that with one or two MB in all those games there might have been a few more, but nope, I guess we totally forgot how to hit.
Bullroarer4

Post 14 Posted: Aug 17, 2013 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That is some achievement, belting out Eight CAS, jeffro.
Ummm, wait a minute. You took seven cas over two games? Still not too bad. Very Happy

I did that ONE game. With only ONE cas allowed. Twisted Evil

hope you win just enough to be paired with me in a division. We definately need to settle who is the best killer. Our local league reporter watched all the action in his usual level of awesomeness And can bear witness to the truth: the Miners were a force last season and will be contenders this season.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2013 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Go team fantastic! Shirtcopter go!