35 coaches online • Server time: 11:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
serafino

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I am rookie and this is the first time i hear about conceding a game.

My opponent has no obvious reason for conceding the game, except his internet connection (as he claimed).

I was winning 2-0 and he had just one serious injured player (no deaths).

Obviously he saw that i was rookie and he decided to have an easy win, but finally at the end of the first half he conceded the game.

Will i win my SPPs? Will the game be added as one of my victories?

What did he earn by this action?
What do i loose by this action?

Thank you for your responses.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You get your spp, and you get his MVP and cash

he earned nothing and may have lost players who had more than 51spp
you lost whatever you would have gotten out of the turns which were not played

If you feel the concession was inappropriate you should report it to the admins using this link
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=support

hope that helps
serafino

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you
Zed

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

licker is right, except serafinos that i just checked all your game and see no concessions, are you sure he didn't just drop your game ? ^^

Edit: now it shows the concession, my bad

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, you also got the win and he got a loss.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Also see the site rules http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

and in particular the section on concessions i.e.:

Concessions
•Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
•In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.
•Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.
•If you are unsure if your particular game qualifies for a concession, please consult the FUMBBL administration for a ruling.
•A match where the administration rules that a concession is acceptable, even though it does not fulfil the policy stated here will have its match report page marked to reflect this.
serafino

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for your answers. So the game ends, but nothing changes. If he had a killed player conceding the game wouldn't change it.

So conceding a game if you win and you think that in next turns you will loose (i.e. some casualties), that will be a kind of cheating. In my case the opponent could not stand his bad lack. So he just ended a game that could be better in next turns for him. So i have no problem by that. I got cash for a re-roll and a player, and 2 skills. I may lost some more SPPs but who knows.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, everything that happened up to the concession stays. So injuries and such are not wiped out.

Conceding when you are ahead would always be punished I would assume, it makes no sense. There are other ways to play to 'preserve' your pixels if that's really what you want to do, however, even that carries some risk, if you get reported for it, and the admins deem you were not playing 'to win' you could get a punishment.

However, if you are ahead, and then just run away I can't see how that would get you in trouble, unless you allow the other team to tie it up by refusing to play defense or something.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say I was a little disappointed with my last Box game.

Oppo conceded as he didn't want all his players hurt, understandably given how it was going. Two hurt at the time but I was about to score in Turn 7 of the first half (my turn 7). Could probably have got some extra SPP out of it. For one, my Throw Ra is stuck on 30...

Anyhoo...

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yah, there should be a rule against timing your concession to deny a score. At least in a tie game.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Two hurt? On turn 7?

That's nothing, I'd report it.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Yah, there should be a rule against timing your concession to deny a score. At least in a tie game.

Especially when the player about to score has AG1! GRRRRRRR gimme my saurus TDs back.
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This actually brings up an issue I've been wondering about. I've only had a few people concede on me, but whenever it happens, usually they've said they're going to, and I politely tell them they can stick in the game if they want, but once they do, I just take my extra cash and mvp and move on.

Should I be considering reporting them? Are we to report them only if we feel we're being screwed over, or should we police them to see if they are following the rules?

Either is fine with me, I've never conceded myself, point of pride.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have 3 players to put on the LOS, man up, and take your medicine.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

Especially when the player about to score has AG1! GRRRRRRR gimme my saurus TDs back.

yeah, it's a bit of a dick move, but legal, as long as the CAS have been mounting up.

good sportsmanship says to wait until after the TD if you are going to concede. unless they stall. then screw em.

Smile

Jump to: