37 coaches online • Server time: 10:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the Choice Team of LXIII?
Mad Midgardians (Toonie)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Necromanteía (JPM)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Hostile Kiddies IV (suttbutt)
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Daemon Ex Tesserae (Bobs)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Black as Death (Drakeular)
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Henson's Henchmen (DrPoods)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 06:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
The one thing that I think I really miss in ongoing SWL competiion fluff are the old match reports and 3-2-1 twahnlows over the stat based end of season awards.

Any computer program can count the number of (insert random stat) here. Only a human can decide that that last turn TTM from Glart the giant Troll and that double GFI from Slippery Joe goblin was worth more to that game than Bob the CPOMB chaos warrior destroying a whole team.

What a fantastic idea! However, my memory of the old system (and my memory doesn't stretch back that far), is that it required a lot of administration, and relied on all players committing to the cause for it to work.

So, the SWL Cuddlebunny Support Group has decided on a simple end of year vote for TEAM of the season (this thread), and PLAYER of the season (I'll set it up later).

No criteria. Choose whoever you like. Base your choice on fluff, skill, luck, virtue, corruptness, or whoever just needs a hug. Choose a player because he refrained from stomping on the elf's prone head you generously presented at his feet. Or choose a player because he didn't refrain from stomping on the elf's prone head you generously presented at his feet. Totally up to you. Only one Team of the season, covering the whole league, not separate divisions.

I'll set up a poll once the final game of the season has been played. Then voting will be open for 5 days. But for now, think about who you'd like to nominate, and if you're ready: nominate

If it looks like we'll have 50 coaches making 50 different nominations we may require a seconding to make the list. No self nominations.

This thread is for TEAM.

My nomination:
Mad Midgardians (Toonie). This Norse team generously stepped aside allowing the greatest team on the planet to spend a season in SWL. Thank you Mad Midgardians for your wonderful service to SWL.

SWL Team of LXIII Nominations
Image Mad Midgardians (Toonie)
Image Necromanteía (JPM)
Image Hostile Kiddies IV (suttbutt)
Image Daemon Ex Tesserae (Bobs)
ImageBlack as Death (Drakeular)
ImageHenson's Henchmen (DrPoods)

Last edited by ramchop on %b %11, %2016 - %20:%Mar; edited 7 times in total
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate JPM's necromanteia we've had two awsome games (one ToB one regional) which has now created somewhat of a rivalry (we are at one a piece) that i hope goes on for many seasons

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd second Necromenteia, JPM has done really well with a rookie team! 1 and done in reggies

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this just always the Prem winning team. Winning a Premiership is the biggest accomplishment there is and it is crazy tough to get one - why do we need a team of the season when that is always the Prem winner?

I don't mind the idea of the player of the season though.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Isn't this just always the Prem winning team. Winning a Premiership is the biggest accomplishment there is and it is crazy tough to get one - why do we need a team of the season when that is always the Prem winner?

Spoilsport.

Call it a Fan's Choice award then.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:

Because some of us will never win prem Sad... or leave regionals

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

fan's choice would be a better name ...the best team isn't always the most exciting.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 15:00
FUMBBL Staff

Surely the team of the season would consist mainly of WIL players, after the recent pasting you took in the URN?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 18:13
FUMBBL Staff

"Choice – expression of approval, great achivement"

chur bro
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I do love how our kiwi slang confuses people dont you ramchop : D

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 21:52
FUMBBL Staff

Tomay wrote:
We’re moving from a competitive but friendly community built on respect and camaraderie and are heading towards a slippery slope of ultra competitiveness, disregard of our opponents and poor sportsmanship.

The two Cuddlebunny Support Group awards are an attempt to fluff things up a bit, inject some community spirit, and just be nice.

Prem Winner will always be the pinnacle, and this will not take the shine off that achievement in any way.

Who do I see as worthy winners?
Pjj's goblins LXI efforts of being promoted to Conf.

Or how about a battered human team? Freshly demoted from Conf. After Round 3 in Reggies, firmly at the bottom of the table following a whipping by Morg'n'Thorg, and considering redrafting. But no, this team fought back against the odds to win every game from then on and take the Reggie title - the first step back on the path to greatness..... nah! that fairy tale will never happen Razz
almic85

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2016 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for the hostile kiddies IV for being the biggest (and only) team I have beaten so far Wink

If you're interested join the Fringe
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

People's Choice Awards sounds better.

My vote would be for Bobs' Elves. 2nd Season and sitting on top of conferences with what appears to be a well undercooked roster.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Black as Death, just little 2nd season Humans down in the Emily Regional, starting to win some games and build a team when Morg happened.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3774550

Morg, thrown rock, Morg, Morg, foul and, despite an early functional Apothecary, 105 spp (of only 219) are removed from the team permanently, including team captain Usurper, Dauntless in the face of the great one, and killed twice for his troubles.

--

In a Bribery and Corruption scandal, they also recorded their worst ever loss against a team of Goblins not long afterward, which was also the Goblin team's biggest ever win, at 3-0. Almost like it was all arranged just for that very purpose, if you know what I mean.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2016 - 00:54
FUMBBL Staff

tussock wrote:
Morg happened...Morg, ..., Morg, Morg...

Nomination: not Morg
/boo
 Jump to: