57 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

...I want to add a grid like tracker to my team bio to track each races positional that my ogre team has killed.

Does anyone have an example of such code? I don't think I've seen it on any of the team bios I've viewed.

Thanks
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

try these ones buddy-

Example 1
Example 2 - Code
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

there's a kill-grid template and many more ideas and code examples here:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24539

check the templates section

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hm darkwing linked the same examples Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I'm going to go with the second one (Kams) that darkwing provided. I should have checked the linked thread more carefully before asking the question.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
I'm going to go with the second one (Kams)

Crying or Very sad
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

my team bio is a bit skew whiff... its got some extra bits in it.

Its using Kams https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=853151&displaymessage=Bio%20Changed.

anyone able to help?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If i have code issues, I copy and paste the whole code to another team that doesnt have one (or create a junk team to use) so I can make alterations without risking screwing it up.

It looks like all you need to do is trim out the excess that appears above the grid, but I'd recommend the above method to be sure it has worked.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
kummo

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

c98

I get those same extra things when i try copypasting codes (less than you do but the codes i used are also shorter ones). I don't know why. I have tried to ask help (pm/chat) but haven't got reply.

Next thing i will try is gonna copypaste on different browser. I don't know if that would fix it.. i'll tell you results when i give it a try Smile
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

@kummo different browsers treat "line shifts" differently. And that's a big part of fumbbl bbcode, so yeah, experiment.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks everyone for your help so far.

I have been messing around with the code in another team bio - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=841367 (ignore that I've moved the teams in the grid around...). I have managed to get rid of all the \ bar one, which I cannot find even with the find function in notepad.

So newbie coding question: is the reason the grid is so far down the bio due to the code e.g. a positioning piece of code?

As to the line breaks I'm using google chrome and I get the same problems if I copy Balle2000's code over.

Cheers.
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
thanks everyone for your help so far.

I have been messing around with the code in another team bio - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=841367 (ignore that I've moved the teams in the grid around...). I have managed to get rid of all the \ bar one, which I cannot find even with the find function in notepad.

So newbie coding question: is the reason the grid is so far down the bio due to the code e.g. a positioning piece of code?

As to the line breaks I'm using google chrome and I get the same problems if I copy Balle2000's code over.

Cheers.

Looking good.

Most likely it is far down due to extra sized block or lots of [returns] (new lines) that you havn't realised are there.

If you want to PM me the bbcode I would be happy to remove the huge gap for you.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:

The problem is most likely caused by what I wrote 3 posts above. Different browsers treat "line shifts" differently. That's the "invisible" ascii which goes on the end of each line of code.

What might fix this for you, is if you remove the space/lineshift behind every line-ending backslash (use an editor with "replace all" for this).

Using a different browser for copy paste might also fix this.
 Jump to: