49 coaches online • Server time: 19:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post 20 Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

NOTE: The updated information on Chimaera is available on the Chimaera race page accessible through the Stunty Compendium. Please check there for the best information!

<b>Chimaera Stunty Team</b>
The Gods of Chaos, deciding once again to meddle in the lives of mortals, have created a Chimaera race to join the ranks of the Stunty Leeg. Only coaches who worship, pay homage, and sacrifice to the Gods of Chaos are worthy to field such a team.

The Chimaera is a creature of chaos, an animal that combines various natural creatures in its makeup, together with additional powers or attributes. These beasts vary a great deal- they may have multiple limbs, heads or even bodies. Sometimes a creature will have unexpected magical powers, intelligence or physical abilities. This is all in the lap of the Gods of Chaos. Chimaera usually have three heads and can fly. The can also have various tail spikes or mace tails.

The Gods of Chaos have created four basic types of Chimaera to play Blood Bowl: Diminutives, Rhinodions, Ferocities, and Behemae.

<b>Diminutives</b> are the backbone of the team, and begin with only the basic characteristics of Blood Bowl Chimaera (Stunty, Bonehead, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, and Right Stuff).

0-12 Diminutive: 5 2 3 7 Stunty, Bonehead, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Right Stuff A, Ph 50K

<b>Rhinodions</b> are particularly foul Chimaera, and thus have Foul Appearance along with the basic characteristics.

0-4 Rhinodion: 5 2 3 7 Stunty, Bonehead, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance A, Ph 60K

<b>Ferocities</b> were specially created to provide offensive support for the team, and thus were given Spikes, Horns, and a Mace Tail. These Chimaera attack with their tails, and the Mace Tail provides a Mighty Blow. They are also given access to General skills, but made somewhat unreliable via Really Stupid. Agility is reduced due to the plethora of mutations, which make it more difficult to be dextrous.

0-2 Ferocity: 5 2 2 ( 8 ) Stunty, Really Stupid, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Right Stuff, Spikes, Horns, Mace Tail (Mighty Blow) G, Ph 90K

<b>Behemae</b> were created as larger, more powerful Chimaera with the ability to throw the other teammates. These beasts have an insatiable hunger, however, and are quite feral. Their larger bulk directly correlates with lower agility.

0-2 Behema: 6 4 2 8 Wild Animal, Frenzy, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Throw Teammate, Always Hungry S, Ph 120K

Rerolls: 60K
Apoth: Yes
Wizard: Yes*

*Note: Wizards on this team do not represent an actual hired wizard, but rather the result of a 50K sacrifice to the Chaos Gods. After such a sacrifice, the coach can call upon these Gods to cast a fireball or lightning spell at the beginning of a single turn during the match

Last edited by hunter on %b %03, %2007 - %03:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ST 2. AG 4 Dodges. TTM. Physicals.

Right...

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

can you say overpowered?

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Way too powerful.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Lose the two heads on the dimimutives now. Or alternatively give your team Two heads and Extra arms but go down to 2agi (which I think is the better and more fun option but probably messes with leap a little too much). Or you could boost their cost by 10,000K and go strength access instead of agility (thus restricting them from agility skills and Dodge, making them a little more vulnerable. Also puts the prehensile tail to better use.).

The ferocities are way to powerful though. Mutations+Mighty blow+general skill access. this to me spells MONSTER! How about this They have physical access so they can get claws and what not. They must lose mighty blow (you could still replace it with something cool, pro perhaps).

Though then again you do have all the linepeople with Bone head so that does counterbalance to a big extent (first doubles will be going to PRO). Lets face it the ogre teams have been very difficuld with a majority of players owning bone head.

Look don't deride the team as being overpowered yet, Bone head sucks big time and leap is creative. With all the negatives they arn't really that powerful. I actually think that they would suck to play. I think though rerolls have to move to 70,000K.
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not sure if these guys are actually more powerful than the polarkin. I would much rather play the polarkin if I wanted to have a victory. This team has no dodge skill meaning everyone can be knocked over. Plus everyone has a negatrait. The only ones with G access are really stupid and will always need handlers. Plus they are only str 2 so they cannot demolish the line as if they were 4 Str 3 guys with no negatrait. TBH, I think it would be a really weird game with this team. Prehensile tail would hinder dodging of opponent, but the opponent would be more likely to knock the over the Chim players given that both pow dice result in a takedown. This team would actually have trouble getting dodge for most of their players considering they are mostly MV 5. Rerolls are cheap, but if you had a starting team with 11 players and all positionals you would only have 2 rerolls to cover the failed dodges. Sure they are only on a 1, but as I said, between no dodge and bonehead/really stupid it would make for a weird game. Just my two cents.

Look like TTM would be extremely tough too, so not sure why that adds to overpowered. Imagine making your Wild Animal 4+, then Always Hungry Roll 2+ just to attempt the pass. Gives you about a 43% chance to even attempt the throw. As I see with other teams, people make comments without supporting them too much. If you had to tone anything down I would say take away two heads from Feros or take away Tails from Rhinos to mix the mutations. Maybe make Behemae AG 2, not to tone down TTM, but to hinder them on blitzing around people. Two Heads + Eventual Break Tackle would be kind of strong. I think you would have to playtest them to get a good feel.

EDIT: I was writing this post as the same time as the_grey_ghost He at least is being specific.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The grey ghost:¨
How about this They have physical access so they can get claws and what not.

I had not thought of the possibility of this! (If fumbbl allows it, but I assume it would?) A team that are made up by evil small cultist and look nothing like this team and has a with a simple layout but with direct physical access! That would be immensly fun if it could be made in a way that wasn't overpowered? Not too many dodge players would be the key I think... if people dislike chaos halfling roster or find it boring I guess it would be a prime subject for this change. Perhaps by removing the carvers and adding 0-4 5236 stunty, right stuff 40K (AP)
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Mezir, Dreadclaw, and Toonie: could you please elaborate on your comments, and perhaps make some suggestions? I'd appreciate any help you could provide! Smile

the_grey_ghost and celas, thanks for your constructive criticism.

I think that an appropriate initial impression is "overpowered" due largely to Two Heads and Prehensile Tail on every player, but every player also has a negatrait, lacks Dodge, and is relatively expensive (for stunty, at least).

Everyone has leap; although the skill will not be used too much with AG 3 or less, it fits the fluff well. However, I do anticipate that leap will be useful, even necessary, in certain situations.

I have reduced the AG on Behemae to 2, which will affect TTM a bit (although it is pretty useless on a Wild Animal anyway) and address celas' concern. I'm pretty tempted to reduce the cost by 10K in response... what do you think?

I'll change rerolls to 60K for now, but I'm very reluctant to increase any more... this team will need a lot of rerolls for failed negatrait rolls and dodges, along with everything else (blocks, gfi, etc.). I want them to be somewhat affordable.

Keep it coming!

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be wrond, but negatraits can't be re-rolled, can they?

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Might be wrond, but negatraits can't be re-rolled, can they?

Yep they can, as long as the player does not have the Big Guy trait. Pro allows even Big Guys to have a chance at rerolling a negatrait, which is why it is such a popular skill choice for them.

As far as Chimaera are concerned, with 11 negatrait players on the pitch, you will have to reroll very selectively! Smile

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Not normally but thats because theyre on a 'big guy' not because you cant reroll them.

[EDIT] Too quick for me hunter.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2005 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

Any further comments or suggestions before I consider the team ready for playtesting? Here is a handy team summary for quick reference:

Chimaera
0-12 Diminutive: 5 2 3 7 Stunty, Bonehead, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Right Stuff A, Ph 50K
0-4 Rhinodion: 5 2 3 7 Stunty, Bonehead, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance A, Ph 60K
0-2 Ferocity: 5 2 2 ( 8 ) Stunty, Really Stupid, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Right Stuff, Spikes, Horns, Mace Tail (Mighty Blow) G, Ph 90K
0-2 Behema: 6 4 2 8 Wild Animal, Frenzy, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail, Leap, Throw Teammate, Always Hungry S, Ph 120K

Rerolls: 60K
Apoth: Yes
Wizard: Yes*

*Note: Wizards on this team do not represent an actual hired wizard, but rather the result of a 50K sacrifice to the Chaos Gods. After such a sacrifice, the coach can call upon these Gods to cast a fireball or lightning spell at the beginning of a single turn during the match.

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This team is now considered ready for playtesting, and will be added to the Stunty Compendium very shortly. Please continue to post constructive criticism if you think of anything!

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

it looks pretty good, but imho i think they will suck big time therefor perfect for stunty Very Happy on the otherhand they have very good blitzers
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say way too powerful. Sure no very much biggy thingys but...
AG4 dodgers and the whole team will only take 2 skills. Divingtackle (with a tail!!!) and Claw (on a double).