46 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post 21 Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As a fan of round numbers, completing 10 OWCC campaigns seems like the right time for the Barak Varr Goldlords to take a rest on their laurels. The only team to play in all 10 seasons, the Goldlords have battled continually to re-established themselves as the team to beat in OWCC.

Of all the records and achievements of the team, the one I am most proud of as the coach is getting to the Challenge Cup Final 5 times in those 10 seasons. Our record in the conferences has rarely been dominant, but it seems knock out games suit the dwarven "never say die (until you are dead)" style, with a 12-3 all time record in the Cup.

The team's last game (for now at least) will be on Friday at 22:00 server time, fittingly in another Cup Final - against the latest of our rivals, the mighty Diseased Wasters. Win or lose, its sure to be an exciting match.

Im certain that some seasons down the line the Goldlords will be back to do battle once again with whoever dares to face them. But for now at least its time for a changing of the guard.
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive, no doubt about that. But wait a minute, you didn't really announce that the Goldlords will NOT play next season, do you? What will OWCC be without the Goldlords? So, thinking about the unthinkable for a moment, will you enter the stage with another team or take a time-out too?

I sincerely hope you are going to stay.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to uzkulak - That bunch of mean looking dwarves have an unparalleled record in OWCC... of course I may be the only coach hoping they don't go out on a high, but we tip our cap to your team.

I assume you are going to start up another race/team though, yes?

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I will submit another team, not sure which race yet - but its likely to be something squishy Smile
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Yes, I will submit another team, not sure which race yet - but its likely to be something squishy Smile

Squishy? Hhmm, what will it be? Gobbos? Flings? Let's speculate a bit. I bet on .... Underworld!

BTW Albion 12 - 0 Bretonnia. This must be a new record. Shame on Bretonnia, grats to Albion!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanandugl wrote:
BTW Albion 12 - 0 Bretonnia. This must be a new record. Shame on Bretonnia, grats to Albion!

Since we expanded it, the highest conference score in the Shield has been 13. Looks unlikely that Albion won't beat that this season.

Uzkulak - it'll be sort of sad to see the Goldlords go, as they are the last founding member of the league left (I think). But looking at it another way, I'll be glad I don't have to work out a new way to do those stars on the group page...

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2015 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to coach Wotfudboy and the Deseased Wasters for winning the Challenge Cup!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2015 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Meanandugl!

I have gotten around to writing a match report... been too busy enjoying the Rugby World Cup!... whilst we were playing, England were looking a bit iffy in their first game and it was hard not to watch.

Anyway here is the Cup Final match report.

Well done to the Albion guys for such a convincing Inter-Conference Shield win too!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

We're pleased to announce that this year's draft is now complete (although it will take years to clear the stench caused by the Diseased Wasters from the hallowed OWCC Drafting Hall), and barring some last minute movements from the teams currently holding Royal Pardons, we can reveal the results:

Round 1
Turov's Infected automatically transferred to Bretonnia.
Doom Glade Swamp-Risers transferred to Albion.
Marienburg Magpies stay in Bretonnia.

Although the league is still suffering from a plague of Undead, the "Max One of Each Race Per Conference" rule is still officially in place, so Turov's Infected were automatically transferred to Bretonnia before the draft began. The Diseased Wasters had the first pick after Team Albion's convincing win in the Inter-Conference Shield, and they used it to transfer the Doom Glade Swamp-Risers to Albion (this is the second draft in a row with the Swamp-Risers as the first overall pick). Athel Loren responded by re-signing the Marienburg Magpies to Bretonnia for their second season in the Conference.

Round 2
Castle Drachenfels stay in Albion.
Scalded Delta Dogz automatically stay in Bretonnia.
Lahmia Undead United transferred to Bretonnia.

In another repeat of last season's draft, the Wasters chose the other doubled-up race and kept Castle Drachenfels in Albion and the Scalded Delta Dogz in Bretonnia for another season. Meanwhile, the drafting captain from Athel Loren decided to transfer Lahmia Undead United over to Bretonnia for their first season in the Conference (after spending four seasons in Albion).

Round 3
Western Raiders Oblast Emsk transferred to Albion.
Arkhan Faraohs stay in Bretonnia.

The next move from the Wasters was to transfer the surprise package from last season, Western Raiders Oblast Emsk, over to Albion. They were rookies in the big leagues in Season X, but managed to make it to the first round of the Challenge Cup. Will they be able to overcome the difficult second season syndrome to do it again? Athel Loren then decided to keep the Arkhan Faraohs in Bretonnia, where they've spent most of their time so far in the OWCC (and where they recorded their best ever season in Season VII).

Round 4
Doom Glades Rangers drafted to Albion.
Orgrimmar Hammers drafted to Bretonnia.

It is unusual for new teams to have to wait so long to be drafted, but it was the fourth round before we saw any rookies from Kislev picked (and then two came along at once). The Wasters drafted the Doom Glades Rangers, who won the Kislev Conference in Season IX before taking a break for a season, to Albion, before BBoDT drafted the Orgrimmar Hammers (runners-up from last season's Kislev Conference) to Bretonnia. The Hammers, fresh from winning the Kislev Plate, are the first of the three teams with outstanding Royal Pardons, so might end up switching Conferences later on.

Round 5
Palinam Diadochi transferred to Albion.
Elves of Albion transferred to Bretonnia.

In the fifth round a pair of elven teams were traded between divisions, as Palinam Diadochi went to Albion (where they had their best season in Season VIII) and last year's Albion champions, the aptly named Elves of Albion, went in the other direction to Bretonnia.

Round 6
Wasteland Vagabonds transferred to Albion.
Serpents Coast Scavengers stay in Bretonnia.

With the remaining draft pool dwindling, the Wasters ensured that the Albion Conference would look as different as possible next season with another transfer from Bretonnia: the Wasteland Vagabonds. With their final pick of the draft, the Athel Loren BBoDT draft captain chose to keep another Royal Pardon holder, the Serpents Coast Scavengers, in Bretonnia (where they have spent all but one of their eight seasons in the OWCC so far). Will they choose to jump ship to Albion, breaking the habit of a lifetime?

Round 7
Remnants of Kriegfeld stay in Albion.
Nilfheim Lumberjacks drafted to Albion.

To even up the conferences, the Diseased Wasters had two free picks at the end of the draft, and with them they kept the third undead team, the Remnants of Kriegfeld, in Albion, and drafted in the returning Nilfheim Lumberjacks. The Lumberjacks are two-time Challenge Cup winners and the only team to win both the Albion and Bretonnia Conferences, and it is good to have them back in the league.

Round 8
Zhaar Doom Bringers choose Bretonnia.
Frostheim United automatically stay in Albion.

Finally, with the board almost set, last season's Kislev winners, the Zhaar Doom Bringers, were admitted to the Draft Hall, and were allowed to choose which conference to join for their first season in the major leagues. Admitting that there wasn't much difference between them, the Doom Bringers decided to throw their (funny shaped) hat in with the Bretonnia conference, which kept the final undrafted team, Frostheim United, in Albion (although they are the third and final team with a Royal Pardon, so this may change!).

Royal Pardons
Orgrimmar Hammers switch to Albion
Nilfheim Lumberjacks switch to Bretonnia

We've only received word yet of one Royal Pardon move, but it is a big one: the Orgrimmar Hammers have decided to move across to Albion, sending the heavyweight Lumberjacks the other way! Neither of the two remaining Royal Pardon holders - Frostheim United and the Serpents Coast Scavengers - wanted to use their Pardon this season, so they'll remain in their respective Conferences.

So this is how the two conferences look for next season:

Albion
Diseased Wasters
Doom Glade Swamp Risers
Castle Drachenfels
Western Oblast Raiders Emsk
Doom Glades Rangers
Palinam Diadochi
Wasteland Vagabonds
Remnants of Kriegfeld
Orgrimmar Hammers
Frostheim United

Bretonnia
Athel Loren BBoDT
Turov's Infected
Marienburg Magpies
Scalded Delta Dogz
Lahmia Undead United
Arkhan Faraohs
Nilfheim Lumberjacks
Elves of Albion
Serpents Coast Scavengers
Zhaar Doom Bringers

As always, share your thoughts on the draft! We'll keep the post-season tour going for a little while longer, and then we'll be ready to start Season XI!

Last edited by gjopie on %b %11, %2015 - %11:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A big thanks for the write-up Gjopie. Great job. Any comments on the draft from my side (except that it was once more both challenging and fun), will have to wait until the Royal Pardon holders have made their decision.
grunth

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yep very good work, fluffy and absolutely awesome Smile

thx a lot gjopie for this wonderful league Wink
gibby33

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I will reserve my judgement until after the Royal Pardons Smile
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Still no word from the Royal Pardon holders?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ttorvatn has gone missing. Temporarily, hopefully.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News

Neither Frostheim United or the Serpents Coast Scavengers will be using their Royal Pardon this season, so the conferences remain unchanged!