47 coaches online • Server time: 15:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 10:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
1. Would it be possible to add the functionality for either/or positionals to rosters? This would allow rosters where you could have say 0-12 linemen plus 0-6 from X group of players? I know a few Secret League teams planned to work like this. I think a few leagues may find this useful too.

Not in my current plans. Maybe later, but don't hold your breath. It involves a fair bit of work, and adds complexity to the underlying model (ie, grouping of arbitrary number of positions into a "set"). I don't mind complexity as such, but things like this take time which I'd rather spend on other things for now.

mister__joshua wrote:
2. Clone Roster feature - the ability to import any roster to your own ruleset but not as an 'external roster' but as an editable one, so for example if someone wanted to create CRP+ they could import all the CRP rosters and then edit them.

More likely than the one above, but not in my immediate plans. This can be worked around, and therefore doesn't feel super critical to me. I understand why you'd want this though.

mister__joshua wrote:
3. A player bank to import from. So I could (for example) create a single Minotaur and add it to each team. This would work similarly to the Star Player system I suppose, but for regular players.

Hmm. Again, possible to deal with manually and doesn't add a new capability as such to the system. Low prio.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 10:45
FUMBBL Staff

Fair enough, always worth asking Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
This is how things are expected to work at the moment. There are, however, a couple of things I will end up changing at some point:

2. Further down the line, I will implement the ability for league commissioners to edit individual players rather than having to do this through positions and the rosters. No ETA for this though.

This one would be very nice.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone tell me how journeymen work with these rosters and the custom rules.

We are kicking off a 7's league where the roster size is 7-11. I have included linemen in each team as the max positional (between 8 and 11) and am wondering if they will be used as linemen. If so, will the journeymen fill out the roster to 7 or 11 players automatically?

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 14:18
FUMBBL Staff

From memory, Christer said that the journeymen mechanic looks for a player in the 0-12 or 0-16 position. Could you have the linemen listed as 0-12 but still only have a roster size of 11? I think roster quantities are independent of league rules so that should work fine. It always has for imported CRP rosters anyway.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

First time that L overtakes R as the main division Very Happy

https://fumbbl.com/p/stats

Is this the hype or a new trend?

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:10
FUMBBL Staff

We'll wait for the monthly statistics in a couple of months, but I'm hoping the latter. League has always been the best way to play. Now it's miles better Razz

*the previous statement is my opinion, and thus may contain bias*

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:21
FUMBBL Staff

Right now, the number of journeymen will fill up the team to 11 players regardless of any other settings.

This is something I probably need to change. Intuitively, it feels like this should be connected to the number of players on the pitch. Alternatively, a completely separate setting..
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:25
FUMBBL Staff

Does this ignore the Players on team under Team Settings then? I'm sure I've had that working before....?

Tested it: This team https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=824997 only gets journeymen up to 8 players as the team setting is roster size 8-10. The roster itself is standard human, so linemen are set at 0-16. So it should work.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 16:59
FUMBBL Staff

Ah, you're right. Although there's evidently a problem with validation. In theory, someone with greasemonkey or something similar could get the site to hire more journeymen by editing the form. The custom limit is only on the front end Smile

Not absolutely critical in terms of a problem, but needs to be fixed.
SzieberthAdam

Post 14 Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! This is all fantastic!

I read your TODO list Christer and came to (yes I know) another idea. Let me share my suggestion for the time when Bribe/Chef cost will move to Roster level.

I believe the good way would be to define some variables for each team assets for each roster. The method below would let not only Bribes and Chef and all other assets to get customised price but it would even make them able to get bought permanently. Let me show it by example:

ReRoll
Max: 65535 (inf)
MaxAsPermanent: 65535 (inf)
ValueAsPermanent: 70000
PriceAsPermanent: 140000
SellPriceAsPermanent: 0 (sellable but no reward)
MaxAsPermanentForNewTeam: 65535 (inf)
PriceAsPermanentForNewTeam: 70000
MaxAsInducement: 4
ValueAsInducement: 100000
NameAsInducement: "Extra Team Training"

FanFactor
Max: 65535
MaxAsPermanent: 65535
ValueAsPermanent: 10000
PriceAsPermanent: null (not buyable)
SellPriceAsPermanent: null (not sellable)
MaxAsPermanentForNewTeam: 65535
PriceAsPermanentForNewTeam: 10000
MaxAsInducement: 0 (not available)
ValueAsInducement: null
NameAsInducement: null

Bribe
Max: 3
MaxAsPermanent: 0 (not available)
ValueAsPermanent: null
PriceAsPermanent: null
SellPriceAsPermanent: null
MaxAsPermanentForNewTeam: 0 (not available)
PriceAsPermanentForNewTeam: null
MaxAsInducement: 3
NameAsInducement: "Bribe"

Apothecary
Max: 3
MaxAsPermanent: 1
ValueAsPermanent: 50000
PriceAsPermanent: 50000
SellPriceAsPermanent: 0
MaxAsPermanentForNewTeam: 1
PriceAsPermanentForNewTeam: 50000
MaxAsInducement: 2
NameAsInducement: "Wandering Apothecary"

Defining the variables above for ReRolls, FanFactors, AssistantCoaches, Cheerleaders, Apothecaries, BloodweiserBabes, Bribes, HalflingMasterChefs, Igors, Wizards on the roster level would cover all the assets a team can have.

A League would be able to allow/restrict them permanently or as inducement, or customize how they contribute to TV. For example setting ValueAsPermanent=0 For FanFactor would exclude FanFactor from TV calculation.

I believe this would be a simple way to deal with team assets flexibly. Please consider implementing it when the time comes to remove hardcoded inducement handling from FFB.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Feb 15, 2017 - 03:42; edited 1 time in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2016 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On Custom Rosters if I take an already bought players quantity down to 0 does that remove the player from the team?

Or do they stay on the team until he dies of gets fired?

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2016 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
On Custom Rosters if I take an already bought players quantity down to 0 does that remove the player from the team?

Or do they stay on the team until he dies of gets fired?

I was doing some changes to my custom roster last night where i removed some positions and created new ones and my guess, after seeing the outcome of my messing around with the roster, is that they are gonna stay but new teams created after the changes will be ok.

On a side note not related to previous point: For coaches planning to use massive rosters (Kind of CRP Ultra roster), the last 0,16, 0-12 position created will be the one chosen by the client for j-men duties. This is usefull for comish to set a j-men of their choice.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2016 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm mainly asking for College FUMBBL. As some of the rosters will change as when some players die, e.g. the talented player then that position becomes unavailable.

I'm trying to plan ahead rather than having Coaches waiting on me to adjust the rosters. I can just rearrange it after players have been bought. If that makes sense.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2016 - 14:39
FUMBBL Staff

I believe the following is a bug:

It appears that if the minimum players on a team is set to over 11 (College FUMBBL uses 15) the it'll ask if you want to use Journeymen for missing players, but the Journeymen won't actually appear on the roster. This is likely related to the Journeymen issue mentioned a few pages back.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: