80 coaches online • Server time: 14:05
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Necromantic Horror B...goto Post [SL] Rejoice ag4 Cav...goto Post Export match steps
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like a team that will do ok at lower tv basis but will struggle to keep up with development of other teams later on. You pretty much have your full final roster immediately right?
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
It seems like a team that will do ok at lower tv basis but will struggle to keep up with development of other teams later on. You pretty much have your full final roster immediately right?

You can if you take 2 rerolls. Or you can get 3 rerolls if you drop the troll slayer
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't field a slayer and I do fine at 1500. If anybody likes the slayer, any advice is welcome
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

one thing I don't understand is why GW decided to nerf OWA in the 2020 rules without nerfing humans or dwarves. In terms of humans the thrower gets the 80k cost of a human thrower, but 3+ pass instead of the human team thrower's 2+ pass and the human blitzer stays at 90k, while the human team blitzers go down to 85k. And a slight change being the OWA flings being 0-2 with animosity while the human flings are 0-3 without animosity. Granted going from loner to animosity is a buff. For the OWA longbeards, they cost 75k, 5k more than a dwarf longbeard, and trade block and tackle for brawler and armbar. So 5k more for a loner 3+ with 2 strictly worse skills.
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Very hard to come up with any reasons indeed.
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2020 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The 1RR roster seems to be doing fine.

It plays very much like a low-RR or no-RR renegades/norse team, and that way you can abandon some of the reservations about fielding more than 3 dorfs. I have since started rostering the runner and/or the slayer and they both have their uses.

Now, if only my skilled blockers stopped getting RIP'd apart by unskilled linos... Laughing
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2020 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Java, are you excited for the hard nerf to OWA in bb2020?
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2020 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

They're definitely going to be harder to coach but the potential is still there. We'll see how it goes and if it doesn't work in any way, humans got halflings now. You can use the models you have, and if it's pixels, no harm done.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone think the Dwarf Blitzer is not necessarily a must have in OWA rosters? Obviously block players are really useful, but with already having a couple of loner Dwarf Blockers and the Trollslayer as well as an Ogre typically maybe it is one too many players who can't reliably use rrs (even if you only take one team reroll).
Just wondering if I will rebuy one on my next chance (lost both blitzers match 1!). Human Blitzer is definitely crucial.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Does anyone think the Dwarf Blitzer is not necessarily a must have in OWA rosters? Obviously block players are really useful, but with already having a couple of loner Dwarf Blockers and the Trollslayer as well as an Ogre typically maybe it is one too many players who can't reliably use rrs (even if you only take one team reroll).
Just wondering if I will rebuy one on my next chance (lost both blitzers match 1!). Human Blitzer is definitely crucial.

I played without the Trollslayer for the 15 match run of Blackbox Trpohy 5. Those 15 games have been my only ones playing with OWA, so take the following with that in mind:

- I definitely think value of another armour 9 block player outweighs loner because...

- The Dwarf Blitzer is not your primary blitz user, especially if you have the slayer. You use the human for range or the slayer for dauntless/surf/making room/chain pushing. Therefore if you are blocking for cas/removal and you can't afford a double skull, don't block.

- In 2020 rules I think they are relatively more valuable (block) since the Dwarf Blockers took a hard nerf.

- TL;DR - I would say a hard 'yes'.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I hadn't really looked at the 2020 Dwarf blocker status. Thanks Shades.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2021 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played my first match with the team, decided to leave out the Dwarf Blockers to get practice closer to how I am going to field the team in BB2020. It was some of the most fun I've had in BB so far. I really enjoy getting to take a Dwarf Slayer without having to deal with the low overall speed of the Dwarf Team. Playing them gave me the vibes that I wanted to feel with the Chaos Renegades - I guess the Renegades weaker start is just too frustrating for me to overcome.

While I'm not excited about the Thrower & Blockers being bizarrely different, I am excited to get to use the Tree over the Ogre. I think I've found my second favorite team, right after Underworld!
 Jump to: