92 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New meta ? The cheap...goto Post WIL BB 2020 Discussi...goto Post Secret League - chat
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just getting in first with my prediction...

This will need to be a sticky soon, like cpomb before it
.

In the new edition I predict massive whinging about dp and sg combo. With fouling every single turn of the game.

I'm interested to see how this unfolds..
Cool

_________________
Image
Kzarik



Joined: Sep 25, 2016

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I expect teams to be running fewer players so that should mitigate rampant fouling or at least give it pause.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I really can't be arsed to look it up. How has it changed.

Can you now get +2DP? Twisted Evil

_________________
Image
[SL] Old World Rumbble - Brand new teams only - ALWAYS recruiting
King_Ghidra



Joined: Sep 14, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
whinging about dp and sg combo. With fouling every single turn of the game


what's the odds of sending off with sg, just a straight 1/6 for the double on the injury roll?

DP isn't more damaging, so people with SG might foul more now but they're not particularly more capable of doing damage (other than through volume)

not sure why this is going to feel broken to anyone, as it's only marginally improved over now?
ThierryM



Joined: Mar 27, 2015

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is not about Quantity, it's about Quality.
Aim well.

_________________
Breeder of Bony Legends !
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I really can't be arsed to look it up. How has it changed.

Can you now get +2DP? Twisted Evil


The Deathroller has Dirty Player (+2).
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I really can't be arsed to look it up. How has it changed.

Can you now get +2DP? Twisted Evil


You get +1 with dp. Sg = 1 in6 chance of sending off (instead of 1 in 3), you can also foul and carry on moving. To keep your dp player safe.

Plus argue the call on top of this.

And easy access to bribes for a few teams.

You can also pick your doubles now so every lineman in the game can have sg dp on 2 skills.

Also some teams have free linemen tv wise, also some teams have more than 11 players on the pitch.

Its just going to be the new mindless tactic that will lead to auto wins on occasion which in turn will lead to whinging.

Not saying its OP...
Just making my prediction is all Wink

Edit: matts right there are some instances of 2+ dp

_________________
Image


Last edited by Garion on Nov 17, 2020 - 18:31; edited 1 time in total
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Garion wrote:
whinging about dp and sg combo. With fouling every single turn of the game


what's the odds of sending off with sg, just a straight 1/6 for the double on the injury roll?

DP isn't more damaging, so people with SG might foul more now but they're not particularly more capable of doing damage (other than through volume)

not sure why this is going to feel broken to anyone, as it's only marginally improved over now?


Fouling every turn of the game makes the games dicey as hell imo. We've all had those games when a team has 1 bribe and never gets caught, where they foul every turn, making that match a farce. That's going to be much more common is all. Op probably not... a decrease in tactical depth - imo - yes.

I just foresee significant whinging ahead.

_________________
Image
Uber



Joined: Mar 22, 2004

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? I'm not predicting many players will have 2 chosen skills! lol

_________________
Recovering FUMBBL addict.
dabassman



Joined: Feb 17, 2006

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:
I really can't be arsed to look it up. How has it changed.

Can you now get +2DP? Twisted Evil


The Deathroller has Dirty Player (+2).



And Lord Borak. He also has sneaky git Very Happy
neilwat



Joined: Aug 01, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Make fouling great again!

You should risk being sent off if a player does not foul every turn.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wrote:
Really? I'm not predicting many players will have 2 chosen skills! lol


We're not all going to be cutting down to 1350. Wink

_________________
Image
[SL] Old World Rumbble - Brand new teams only - ALWAYS recruiting
King_Ghidra



Joined: Sep 14, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:


Also some teams have free linemen tv wise, also some teams have more than 11 players on the pitch.


i definitely agree that something like UW using free snots to foul combined with their already bashy potential will cause some very nasty games.

we played some TT test games with the new rules and rez tourney builds, and UW were absolutely vicious
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

...
Not saying its OP...
Just making my prediction is all Wink


Thanks. Not sure I'd want it on every league though. Smile

I'm guessing that you cannot select +2DP?

_________________
Image
[SL] Old World Rumbble - Brand new teams only - ALWAYS recruiting
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:

...
Not saying its OP...
Just making my prediction is all Wink


Thanks. Not sure I'd want it on every league though. Smile

I'm guessing that you cannot select +2DP?


Nope you can't. Though who knows what deathzone season2 will bring.

_________________
Image
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic