26 coaches online • Server time: 08:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2020 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It would be great to have an option for buy-back cash to be set to a team's current value.
This would be overridden by the cap (if set).
Teams would also have to pay agents fees. (if set).

I think that this would cover some of the issues around avoiding a big cut down.

I am pushing this one again. I think that this, combined with being able to set the buyback cash for a specific team on their home page could make this useable.

Are there any updates?

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2020 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys, in a ruleset, we choose available rosters but wouldn't it be possible to have the possibility to select only few competitive roster or few secret league roster for this league?

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2020 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sharkrudi wrote:
Hi Guys, in a ruleset, we choose available rosters but wouldn't it be possible to have the possibility to select only few competitive roster or few secret league roster for this league?

In the bottom right of the Rosters tab of the Ruleset, you have the option to Add existing roster or create custom roster, by curating that list you can specify specific rosters to meet your vision.

Kz
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2020 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep.
Switch off Competitive & Secret League
Switch on Custom
At the bottom of the rosters list, select "Add Existing Roster"

For competitive teams search for "christer/___".
For Secret League search for "garion/___"
For CIBBL "Calthor/___"

Generally, "coachname/___"

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2020 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thanks, i don't know we can do that.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2020 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel there was quite a consensus on what would be useful to league coaches.

Any word from someone higher up the food chain as to what we can expect?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming we get options on seasons, how will a 'season' be calculated? in particular, many leagues do one tournament for one season, and so this may seem straightforward, but many others (particularly as they get bigger) do multiple tournaments in one season, or even multiple tournaments just for playoffs. Calculating 'seasons' for Agent Fees would be important, and being able to both control AND automate that would be very important.

On the other hand, my understanding is that the leagues that do seasons right now, simply do everything manually at a particular time. Is that what we would be looking at for league?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Any more news PurpleChest?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Cheers Koadah, that is good to know! Couple of questions. Firstly does the '2016 skills' option just deal with the range of skills available, or will it enable them to work according to the old rules (i.e. so we don't have to use new passing, fouling, break tackle and leaping mechanics, all of which I think are worse)? And will it be possible to migrate everyones' big R and B teams into L Secret League so they not only get games but still have some structure and trophies to play for? Or would they be forced to migrate to standard L which is incompatible with Secret League L I think!?

Well, now you're asking questions.

Honestly, I don't know. I have a bad feeling that we might not be able to use the old rules for passing, etc.

I have heard that we might be able to use the old rules for skill selection. i.e. no choosing but rolling for doubles & stat-ups.

I may have misled you a bit about Secret League. I don't have the last word on that. That would be Garion. So, Secret League Open will very likely have seasons but with more rebuy cash than "Competitive" and no cap.

I may do something else though.
Though that will cause other problems. Wink

Teams that are migrated into standard L can be imported into other leagues such as Secret League or O[L]C.
If the commish allows it.

@Malmir: Open games will happen but will probably take longer to find. As I said, the more of you come over, the easier finding a game will be.

Jump to: