19 coaches online • Server time: 03:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Doofr

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2020 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Zlefin wrote:
Why would it surprise you? People are often negative about new things; furthermore, fumbbl, of all places, is the most about getting to really long-term build a team. A team with large amounts of history, and with truly famous players and legends, who really give meaning to the term LEGENDARY. The new rules discourage the creation of true LEGENDS. Also, where do all these players go exactly? If they leave, where are they leaving for? It's not like they become star players; it's not like aging where at least it made some thematic sense; they just go *poof* and vanish into the aether.

This to me is what FUMBBL is all about. The idea that so many of the legendary teams would be cut to 1350 (or whatever TV) seems criminal. Teams that have 1000s of games with revered players and coaches. It would definitely not be the same without them.

+1

The thing who was realy great with fumbbl is the fact that anyone could play like they wanted.

You want low tv ? You have naf tourneys , RRR , low tv brawls , BBT ...

Mid tv the same , mid brawl touney , ranked or bb div.

And you could pay hight TV, have legends teams , players in the top list, Box, hi brawl , major...

There were BB for all taste.

And with the new rules will not be the case anymore, and thats what what bother all high tv coachs , not realy the fact that pass got nerfed or breack tackle.

Its so hard for all the other coachs to understand why hight tv and fluff heavy teams , coaches are sad by the new rules ?

It almost kill for us our most prefered hobby/game...

Hopefully some leagues will run under customs rules, so i will able to still play a little.

Last edited by Doofr on Dec 05, 2020 - 04:46; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2020 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Waagh wrote:
As for whining about the huge teams that "have to redraft" just don't redraft them put them on the shelf then in hopes that things change the way you want. I tell my children "Whining about it won't help you get your way, so muscle up buttercup, dry your tears and figure out how to make it better, and if you can't control it move on"

That is so uncalled for.
Dude, there's a difference between whining and discussing something between your peers. There's also a difference between being a crybaby and just regret changes you don't like. Moreso when they are imposed upon you by an external force with a well known poor record regarding balance.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2020 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno. It's may be a coincidence but they did nerf CPOMB in the end. Wink

You should be prepared to use every tool in the toolbox. Twisted Evil

If you can't control it try to influence someone who can. Wink

Buttercup is a nice name though.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2020 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do I build them up (Build them up) buttercup, baby
Just to redraft them down (Redraft them down) and mess them around
And then worst of all (Worst of all) you never keep playes
When you say you will (Say you will) but I love you still
I need you (I need you) my 4 skill ball handler
You know that I'll redraft you to start,
Then build them up, (build them up) Buttercup it's the new art
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2020 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

10 skinks + https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=7936318

Best redraft ever!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

Best redraft ever!

This is a player that someone has taken pride in. Tracking their stats, trying to break records. Less than 150 games. About 8 NFL seasons if you count some playoffs in there. Why should this guy be retired or why should you need to retire everyone else to keep them?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Nelphine wrote:

Best redraft ever!

This is a player that someone has taken pride in. Tracking their stats, trying to break records. Less than 150 games. About 8 NFL seasons if you count some playoffs in there. Why should this guy be retired or why should you need to retire everyone else to keep them?

Because GW has shit for imagination on how the game could be played.
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The drafting rules don't have to be followed if one don't want to do that. There is nothing that keep anyone from just playing like they used to... even roll skills like they used to.

It might not be implemented in online FUMBBL and that might be a loss for some people and it is always hard with change for many people. But if you play privately with friends you can do whatever you want.

We might even try the BB54 turn structure in our next season for fun, to shake up the strategy and tactics a bit. Basically two drives in each half with the attacker getting 5 turns defender get 4 turns and you don't save turns not used between touchdowns.

I'm a bit tired of I'm holding on to the ball for 7 turns before I score.
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

it can be house ruled ruled is a poor defense for the new edition. we can't, that's exactly the problem. this is the fumbbl forum, talking about the way the game is played on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Because GW

This aspect of the conversation has nothing to do with GW. Seasons and re-drafting were in the rules since the 2016 release. This is about Christer's decision to implement them here and now, on his site, which is his prerogative, and if you have an issue with that you should address it at him.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, GW makes the official rules and Christer wants to stick to official rules due to solid reasons (a FUMBBL house ruled ruleset could be confusing for people joining the site and playing in the competitive divisions/NAF tournaments etc.). If GW made good official rules there would be no issue.
We can't blame Christer for sticking to official GW rules now or in the past.

Last edited by MattDakka on Dec 05, 2020 - 17:19; edited 1 time in total
Doofr

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Because GW

This aspect of the conversation has nothing to do with GW. Seasons and re-drafting were in the rules since the 2016 release. This is about Christer's decision to implement them here and now, on his site, which is his prerogative, and if you have an issue with that you should address it at him.

Yeah so its not GW who decided to implement seasons and redraft in the game ?

The fact they did it in 2016 , doesnt change anything to the fact it was a GW decision.

You have a weird logic.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
it can be house ruled ruled is a poor defense for the new edition. we can't, that's exactly the problem. this is the fumbbl forum, talking about the way the game is played on fumbbl.

Stop whining and beeing a cry baby.

You can still play house rules with you kids, and have legends players and legends teams . Surprised

For playing majors,just convert your parents and brothers/sisters to play it . Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
The drafting rules don't have to be followed if one don't want to do that. There is nothing that keep anyone from just playing like they used to... even roll skills like they used to.

It might not be implemented in online FUMBBL and that might be a loss for some people and it is always hard with change for many people. But if you play privately with friends you can do whatever you want.

Doofr wrote:
neubau wrote:

You can still play house rules with you kids, and have legends players and legends teams . Surprised

For playing majors,just convert your parents and brothers/sisters to play it . Wink

This attitude ignores that there may be a number of people who only play online in open play who may simply not play anymore. I am definitely one. I have multiple TT boards, but never play offline. Don't have the time, group, or frankly the desire to do so. I don't have time to commit to leagues, it would be unfair to other league members. So my only games are random ones and I am not going to wade through a slew of 1350 dwarfs and other nonsense over and over again, playing the exact same build teams.

In the end my option is to just go 100% SL & Stunty. I expect going to a redraft could send a lot of teams to SL, and I hope that if seasons come in there is an option prior to redrafting to move teams to SL.

Just feels that there will be a big loss of diversity, fun, and most importantly, history. So please stop telling me to suck it up and all that macho nonsense. It is a misguided argument.

Still holding out hope Christer abandons most or all of this redraft insanity.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
CAB wrote:

Doofr wrote:
neubau wrote:

This attitude ignores that there may be a number of people who only play online in open play who may simply not play anymore. I am definitely one. I have multiple TT boards, but never play offline. Don't have the time, group, or frankly the desire to do so. I don't have time to commit to leagues, it would be unfair to other league members. SO my only games are random ones and I am not going to wade through a slew of 1350 dwarfs and other nonsense over and over again, playing the exact same build teams.

In the end my option is to just go 100% SL & Stunty. I expect going to a redraft could send a lot of teams to SL, and I hope that if seasons come in there is an option prior to redrafting to move teams to SL.

Just feels that there will be a big loss of diversity, fun, and most importantly, history. So please stop telling me to suck it up and all that macho nonsense. It is a misguided argument.

Still holding out hope Christer abandons most or all of this redraft insanity.

Hmm you didnt see the irony in my post ? Wink