61 coaches online • Server time: 11:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I decided that this player really needed a skill at 3spp. I choose a random S skill and got Arm Bar.

This poor sob...what do I do with him...he knows he is about to get fired.

Is the only skill to make Arm Bar more powerful is Diving Tackle?

maybe just tackle.

I cant think of any skill you add on top of Arm Bar beside Diving Tackle to make it more powerful.

Help.

My gut tells me this is the worst possible random S access skill.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Arm Bar perhaps can hang out with the dangerous Guard ogre, who likes to mark enemy players. This way it is extra dangerous for the opponent to dodge away from the ogre.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Mr. Arm Bar perhaps can hang out with the dangerous Guard ogre, who likes to mark enemy players. This way it is extra dangerous for the opponent to dodge away from the ogre.

Good point..If he is the TZ of a foe who dodges out he gets the arm bar. Does not have to be him they are dodging away from.

Good point. Put him next to a player with Diving Tackle..mmm.

I know it is very situational. Yet sometimes those turn out to be the best skills because your foe is not really concerned about those skills.

I still think this guy is about to get fired though.

Mad

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm and Arm Bar is a thing.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand-Firm, Diving-Tackle, Tackle, Mighty Blow, are all perfect combinations, Shadowing or Sidestep and Guard are also nice. If you have DT on him, jump-up helps in "deploying" the skill. With DT The dodgers will not dare to dodge away. Tackle does the same. With Stand-Firm or Side-Step, your opponent will have problems pushing you away. With Mighty Blow they have to decide whether to get the +1 AV/IJ on dodging away or on next turn getting hit. I can continue this list...

In my opinion, Arm bar is not that bad. Brawler (as you have block already) is IMHO worse. Multiple Block or Break Tackle for a ST3 piece would also be useless. As you have MA7, Going the Diving-Tackle + Tackle + Shadowing path might be worth considering...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to boast that I got a CAS due to Arm Bar with one of my OWA Blockers. The +1 made the difference and broke the AV and then the dodger was injured! Huzzah!

... probably will never see it again
naytsyrhc

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course you will see it again. Most dodgers have low armour. So a 9+ will get a 8+ (42% instead of 28% therefor +14%). A 8+ will get a 7+ (58% instead of 42%, so +16%). Combine that with diving tackle, increasing the chance to fail the dodge from 17% (RR:3%) to 50% (RR: 25%) this is really really good.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Check your rulebook, naytsyrhc. Break Tackle is a great skill now for AG3 players. Stinky on saurus. That's an important bit to know for BB2020 success.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2022 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Check your rulebook, naytsyrhc. Break Tackle is a great skill now for AG3 players. Stinky on saurus. That's an important bit to know for BB2020 success.

yeah, was just about to say the same thing. BT is now a good skill for str3 and ag3 players but less good for str4 and ag2.
 Jump to: