51 coaches online • Server time: 11:26
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Season 12 (NZ ...goto Post SR Developmentgoto Post NBFL Top 5 Draft Pro...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PacoSillas



Joined: Feb 02, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hummies and box ... you can count on me throwing in at least a couple of team.

Btw koadah ... how did you gather the pre season data? Just curious because I think there might be teams missing that would qualify (considering the starting and last updated dates).
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PacoSillas wrote:
Hummies and box ... you can count on me throwing in at least a couple of team.

Btw koadah ... how did you gather the pre season data? Just curious because I think there might be teams missing that would qualify (considering the starting and last updated dates).


From the Fumbbl AI. Who do you think is missing?

Everyone please let me know if you think that your stats are not correct.

_________________
Image
Instant Massive teams - 8 team KO tournament - 7th June
PacoSillas



Joined: Feb 02, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think this guys have a 16 games sprint for conference division in the time bracket and are no where to be seen (or I didn't see them). And if one is missing others might be .... it will be simpler when tourney starts since it will be a group members thing so less data to gather.
Unless it was a group member thing but it doesn't look likely, I mean you posted in the announcement with the group link.
nin



Joined: May 27, 2005

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Clarifiying question:
"Best 16 consecutive matches" as in "6 matches above 1700 then 2 below and then again 10 above for 16 Premiership matches" or in "16 matches above 1700 in one run"?

(My team will explode sometime soon... I can foresee that...)
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PacoSillas wrote:
Well I think this guys have a 16 games sprint for conference division in the time bracket and are no where to be seen (or I didn't see them). And if one is missing others might be .... it will be simpler when tourney starts since it will be a group members thing so less data to gather.
Unless it was a group member thing but it doesn't look likely, I mean you posted in the announcement with the group link.


Thanks for that. A bug with the dates. They are now appearing in their rightful position.

_________________
Image
Instant Massive teams - 8 team KO tournament - 7th June
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
Clarifiying question:
"Best 16 consecutive matches" as in "6 matches above 1700 then 2 below and then again 10 above for 16 Premiership matches" or in "16 matches above 1700 in one run"?

(My team will explode sometime soon... I can foresee that...)


It's consecutive qualifying games so dropping below 170 will not break your sprint.

Your 6 + 10 will still be a 16 game sprint.

_________________
Image
Instant Massive teams - 8 team KO tournament - 7th June
The_Murker



Joined: Jan 30, 2011

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah. You da man.
I don't know how on earth you would be able to keep track of all this, but if you say you can do it, I'm in. Sure, it's open season on the pinkies for Chaos, CHA-CHING, but if you're all on board for that than I am surley with you. So much potential here. I love the names for the awards. Well done. So one question I have is this.. are we going to band together and agree to make every effort possible to put the boot in on CLAWPOMBERs when we get the chance or what?
Key Award: "Lobster For Dinner Boys!" 1 point towards some pixel trophy every time the team inflicts permanent injury (-MV, -AV, -AG etc.) or death on an opposing player who has the skills Claw, Piling On and Mighty Blow. (successful use of the Apo nullifies the score, the opponents roster must be affected)
I'm ready to rock out with my rooster out.
Great idea.

_________________
Image
Join the wait-list. Watch the action. Leave the Empire. Come to Bretonnia!
Cryo



Joined: Dec 12, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to include amazons and norse (even vamps) in this group ?
I have seen your answer about strangers already and I understood that the aim of this group is to focus on humans but it wouldn't cost anything to integrate other races and make a specific ranking for humans at the end.

Given the number of human + amazon + norse teams in the box, I think encouraging all of these races is good. Instead of launching small groups for each race, a single big group might have more appeal.

My 2 cents Smile
jarvis_pants



Joined: Oct 30, 2008

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 10:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
best 'sprint' of 16 consecutive qualifying games.


confuses me a little if your tv drops below 170 (and your opp is also below) does this break your sprint and start again. Or does the sprint continue once your back above 170?

_________________
"May Nuffle have mercy on your rolls." - St.Basher
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cryo wrote:
Would it be possible to include amazons and norse (even vamps) in this group ?
I have seen your answer about strangers already and I understood that the aim of this group is to focus on humans but it wouldn't cost anything to integrate other races and make a specific ranking for humans at the end.


It would cost me to drop out personally. I like that it is just humans. Amazons and Norse can do perfectly well in the box up to a certain TV. Humans struggle at any TV except their first 4 games.

Lets keep it pure. Humans FTW.

edit: Oh and vamps are a really really good team, but only in the right hands.

_________________
Image
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
koadah wrote:
best 'sprint' of 16 consecutive qualifying games.


confuses me a little if your tv drops below 170 (and your opp is also below) does this break your sprint and start again. Or does the sprint continue once your back above 170?


Dropping below 1700 does not break your sprint. The sprint continues when you get back over 1700.

_________________
Image
Instant Massive teams - 8 team KO tournament - 7th June
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like just humans for now. What does everyone else think.

A bonus in the cas race for C-POMBers sounds good. Twisted Evil

_________________
Image
Instant Massive teams - 8 team KO tournament - 7th June
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Deffo just humans.

Im a bit confused about what you mean by that - "A bonus in the cas race for C-POMBers sounds good"

Do you mean we get a bonus for which ever team hurts the most CPOMBers? Also a bonus for the team that inflicts the most cas between start and end of the season and a bonus for who takes the most cas between the start and end of the season might be a good shout. A bit like how E.L.F works?

I will see if I can sort out any awards for you to put on your League page Kodah Very Happy

_________________
Image
PacoSillas



Joined: Feb 02, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with the human's only club.

I'd like to suggest that the TV avg. (since I see is calculated in the stats) is used as a modifier of the score ... like (score)x(TVavg/100) ... that way you don't only rewards those that arrive higher TV and face a harsher environment but it might help to stop anyone from trying to control his TV in the low 170s to have 'softer' opponents. We all now that people always tries to find an edge if given the chance.
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What about something like this image, does this cut it or are we looking for something a lot better.

Image

_________________
Image
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits