17 coaches online • Server time: 05:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Create Bomb Smack
Nah, its so krazy
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Yep but with some limit
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Sure, its fun!
70%
 70%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 30

vicius

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a big lover of smacks

Really i dont play any R matches since box arrived, just 4-5 before majors arrive to prepare ma team

Well, i apply week and week to sched smaks all categories, but since 3 months or so any categorie have been draw cause not so much participants.

With the new client, and inducements rule, i want to purpose to create BOMB SMACKS!!, where every applicants are accepted and throw the smack with all the categories mixed

It could be much fun with all those kind of teams mixed and so many inducements each match, could revive R and the Funny Smacks thing!!

Who wana smack?

Last edited by vicius on %b %05, %2011 - %22:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Ranked is dead. So are Ranked Smacks. Discuss.

PS: I've applied too the past couple of weeks.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked is dead? Since when....

If it the idea is accepted, I suggest calling them Open Smacks. Sounds better and more accurate.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I decided to play only tournament matches in Ranked, I always apply to Royal Rookie Rumble and Scheduled Smacks.
Count me in!

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

smacks do just fine when people actually apply for them, instead of waiting until the absolute last second, and wonder why there's no applicants...

--j

ImageImage
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great! You could run one in the [B ]ox too. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun and like a good chance especially for my low TV ranked teams. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I won a Ranked smack after the move so clearly they are running

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
vicius

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure some smacks were drawn after the move, but am prety sure anyone have been drawn in the last 2-3 months, any categorie

Would love Shadow or Rijssiej could confirm that
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

fyi....the sniping has been removed from the thread....keep it on task...

on topic...the idea is a decent one, and i like it...the problem is that it would either require us to create a whole new group, or blindly throw the leftover coaches into a "open" tournament....

the problem with the first part, is it would split the fanbase between the groups, and the problem with the second is the complaints we would get from coaches who didn't want to participate in an "open" tournament....and while we could throw a disclaimer up that says "if you don't get into the main draw, you'll be placed in an open bracket"....that would discourage coaches who don't want to play an open bracket, and they wouldn't apply at all...

--j

ImageImage
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

and for clarification...june was hurting for smacks, and that was partly my fault, due to not posting up the blog post every week....

granted, i shouldn't have to take any responsibility...the blog post is a community service, and is not a requirement for the tournament....it does help drum up interest though...

the problem is that people wait until the last second to join, and they don't join unless they get some sort of kick(ie: a blog post with numbers) to join....

the last few weeks has proven what happens to the membership if we don't publicly advertise the tournament....despite the fact that it's publicly known to start every wednesday...

--j

ImageImage
vicius

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Ideas:

1.-its not posible to ask coaches who apply into the sched smacks?:

if you don't get into the main draw, want to be placed in an open bracket?

2.-Not necesary to ask, just divide groups like majors qualifiers, a group with teams wich just want to play in their level, and another one which are placed in an Open Smack just if have not being sched

Just a point with this one. Could be posible to mix both group to make a smack of any level? or should the ones who dont care about the open smack apply in both groups? Then admins should be care about dont sched in both thought
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

1 - we get a lot of applicants to scheduled smacks....we're not going to coach by coach to find out what they want to apply to Wink

2 - that's where the problem with splitting the fanbase comes in...scheduled smacks get on average 50-70 applicants per week....those apps are split between 5 divisions...

now take those applicants, and split them even further down to "open" division or bracketed division....that's where the problem is because then you start to water down how many applicants, and it starts cutting down on how many tourneys we can start each week....

the optimal way would be to allow applicants into both groups, and then schedule the bracketed groups first, and then the open bracket....

the downside to that one....you start making applications more complicated than they need to be...

look at how many applicant snafus we have with people joining GLT or UI or wheel....

the more complex you make the application process, the fewer applicants you get....scheduled smacks work well, because there's no checklist...your team is in a TV bracket, and you apply to one group...that's it...

i'm not keen on muddying up the process just to add another enveloping bracket...despite my feelings that it could be a fun idea....

--j

ImageImage
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think making a new group for this makes sense. OK it's splitting the fan base. But dividing by TW is also dividing the fan base.

Rules have changed and this format is now more viable that it was before. Maybe even preferable.

So you might draw a massive team but you will have inducements to make up at least part of the difference. Is that any worse than drawing a horribly min/maxed team at 1500?

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, then posibly best could be to let sched smack how they are and just make another group with these ones, like XFL or RRR

Agree on minimize troubles on applications on tourneys, and minimize work for admins
 Jump to: