42 coaches online • Server time: 11:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of you might know me from Great Halfling Battles. Some of you might know me from all kinds of stuff. But this has been on my mind for a long time.

The general idea is to put Flings against Gobbos to see which one is better. Now I don't even know if they are balanced. If they are not, is there a way to balance them?

I don't even know about the league structure. X teams on both sides, playing Y games against selected opponents? Series of mini-tournaments? Round robin, or selection based on TV?

Since I don't know a lot yet, this thread is for ideas, discussion, rant, brag, pics of your girlfriends and everything else. When we have enough information and ideas to form the league, I will do it.

Please post your opinions.

Last edited by Kyyberi on %b %08, %2012 - %17:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why allways with the forgetting of Skinks Sad Skinks need love too XD

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My honest opinion is this: who gives a pie about Skinks?

Flings have chef. Gobbos have weapons. Skinks have...? Yeah, they have Skinks. Nothing special and cool.

And besides Skinks are not allowed in League.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

YEAH, Poo to skinks in league. but all up for that fling vs gobbo thing
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

flings dont always have chefs... thats the differance

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If skinks are not allowed in league then Who is it that carries the ball for Lizardman teams? O_o

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If my last game against them is anything to go by, the sauriis are doing it quite well thank you... Sad

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
If skinks are not allowed in league then Who is it that carries the ball for Lizardman teams? O_o

So you would suggest that there are normal Flings, normal Gobbos, and then there are Lizardmen teams with one Kroxigor? They would be murdered.

The thing is that chef isn't that great in current rules. Can Flings beat Gobbos in the long run?

I was thinking some kind of system where the winner of previous week has some sort of advantage. Sort of like The Ultimate Fighter, where the winning team can pick the fight for next week. That way we would have lots of inducements, as they are big part of the fun.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on the final structure, I am ready to join, and probably represent Goblins, of course.
Venetiari

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My gobbos http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=692615 would happily join if allowed.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd do a proper League of gobos vs Halflings. You could go so far as to have one of each team, alternating between weeks. Or something similar. I'd love it!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Every match should have tons of inducements!

Options:

FFB behaviour can be modified through Game Options. These are choosable by the league commissioner and are displayed upon starting the client (Game Option menu).

freeCardCash (default: 0)
Free gold specifically for card buying (so both sides may always start with cards).

freeInducementCash (default: 0)
Both coaches get X extra gold to buy inducements with.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my suggestion. Get two teams of coaches of uneven number. So, two teams of 3, two teams of 5, two teams of 7, etc. Every round, either the Halflings or the Goblins win the round, as a team. This way, you can change small options every round (number of inducements, cards, spiked ball).

And then a Season would be a number of round, say, 5 or so. Again, an uneven number. So at the end of a season, a team has won!
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2012 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are clearly better than Halflings. More AV. More MV. Weapons can cause quite a lot of damage barring really bad luck. They get cheap Bribes. The Chef probably averages only one reroll stolen (I don't have statistics, but that's usually what I see happen)and may not even get any. Halflings are a little bit better at throwing teammates, but Throw Teammate is still really hard to pull off successfully, plus, even with successful TTM's, Halflings still have a harder time scoring that way because of the 5 MV. They're a really crappy team. Goblins can actually win games against Teir 1 teams, especially when getting inducements like Bribes. Not all that often, mind, but it happens.
 Jump to: