34 coaches online • Server time: 09:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't 4th edition gold the version with the daemon teams in?
If so... that's probably not a good argument Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:

seems so

(can't find better source, are they correct?)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the roster, yes. They were made late into 3rd ed and were included for 4th ed and gold editions. Then removed again for LRB1 as they didn't have an official range of figures.

The idea was you would convert them, but then other figure manufacturers caught on to this and started to make figure lines. GW became worried about this, and discontinued any team that didn't have official figures.

So it's quite surprising that they oked the drop of goblins to snotlings.
ilpars

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

How can I get a stand alone client? It will be fun to play with my gaming group..
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an lrb 4 one called javabowl, google bloodbowl online and also botocs which is lrb 6. Grod on this site in his blog has grodbot, another one.

You will also need a bloodbowl html editor. Soapy frog has a nice lrb 4 one, but generally I use the halfling scribe.

I don't think botocs or javabowl work with java7, so you'll either need a comp that you're happy to use an older java or work out how to use 2 different javas.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

seems so

All daemon teams have 4 X ST4 chaos warriors and 1X ST7 player and Khorne has access to 2 X ST5 players as well? None with Loner? Even with the 'daemonic presence rule, wow.

Of course there is only one way to counter this daemonic threat on the pitch.....SPACE MARINES!

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My Brettonians (designed to be cheap with access to a star player specific knight)

0-16 Peasant 6337 Wrestle 50k |G
0-4 Yeomen 7337 Dodge 70k |GA
0-4 Knight 6339 Mighty Blow 80k |GS

Demons
0-16 Cultists 6337 40k|G
0-4 Horrors 5338 Big Hand 50k|GMS
0-4 Deamonnettes 8337 80k|GMA
0-4 Nurgle Dudes 4329 Regenerate, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence 70k|GSM
0-4 Bloodletters 6427 Frenzy 110k|GSM

Then i buggered off chaos and nurgle and made teams for warriors and beastmen - in line with whfb.

Beastmen
0-16 Ungors 6337 40k|GM
0-4 Gors 6338 Horns 60k|GMS
0-2 Beastigors 6428 Horns 100k|GMS
0-1 Minotaur

Warriors
0-16 Maurauders
0-4 Warriors
0-1 Ogre

and of course, the old dogs of war (access to mercenaries made up by expensive linos)
Mercenaries (Dogs of War)
0-16 Mercenary Linemen 6338 60k |G
0-2 Norse Mercenaries 6337 Block 50k |G
0-2 Dwarf Mercenaries 4329 Block, Tackle, Thick Skull 70k |GS
0-2 Elf Mercenaries 6347 60k |GA
0-1 Ogre 5529 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Loner, Really Stupid 110k |S

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:

very true Razz

Though the daemon roster was still better than the stupid quorn one cyanide uses.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
botocs which is lrb 6.

I thought it was lrb5? I might be wrong though.

but thats pretty much the same as lrb6 anyway really.

If anyone wants botocs client send me a PM. I will give you the link to a site that has a link to the client.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Original client was lrb5, but I though they updated to lrb 6. I maybe wrong though, and they only updated to lrb5+.

Well cyanides is a better roster to play I think, but the 4th ed one was more true to the creatures it portrayed.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Roland wrote:

seems so

All daemon teams have 4 X ST4 chaos warriors and 1X ST7 player and Khorne has access to 2 X ST5 players as well? None with Loner? Even with the 'daemonic presence rule, wow.

Of course there is only one way to counter this daemonic threat on the pitch.....SPACE MARINES!

Well, I think the wizard need to cost 150k a game to maintain? (I forget).. That means, given as you couldn't make that much in a game, all the demonic players were temporary reinforcements. It's not like Chaos actually needs the help though....it would be interesting if you used that "demon" system on all Pact lino team (and removed S + P from the linos).

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well those daemon rosters weren't very well thought out. Back in the day though, the game (the current format) was quite new, and had nowhere near the playtesting it does now. I don't think a roster that silly would get very far nowadays, mind you the original cyanide roster was as bad I guess!

Again there are some really really good icons for daemon teams. Cowhead's Khorne daemons look quite nice, but on the pitch, especially a chaosy or fire type pitch they look absolutely fantastic, probably the most striking of all the teams I've played.

Slaanesh, I prefer mine over Cowheads.

Nurgle, long term project of converting Mr Fs stunty icons to make a normal guy team. It's very difficult though, his style is a one off.

Tzeentch, again I'd use Mr Fs stunty icons.

All in all that's 4 fantastic looking teams on the field.

The biggest problem with daemons though, is that they do need (or better to have) an instability type rule. This is fine for TT. Blood Lust + no turn over + no thrall = a great instability rule. However for clients it's not so easy.

I guess you have to go for Blood lust. Early LRB blood lust isn't so bad, so I use this for ski junkies (not sure what I'll do if they meet a vamp team). With current clients, I guess you'll have to use current BL, which isn't ideal by a long way.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2014 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:

and of course, the old dogs of war (access to mercenaries made up by expensive linos)
Mercenaries (Dogs of War)
0-16 Mercenary Linemen 6338 60k |G
0-2 Norse Mercenaries 6337 Block 50k |G
0-2 Dwarf Mercenaries 4329 Block, Tackle, Thick Skull 70k |GS
0-2 Elf Mercenaries 6347 60k |GA
0-1 Ogre 5529 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Loner, Really Stupid 110k |S

This team exists kind of, it's called Tilean (which is where DoW are based). Made by Plasmoid, the idea is brilliant.

Garion's refined it a bit though https://fumbbl.com/help:TileaT which I think is cool. I've changed a few bits though for myself and I have a 10 game old team, which is doing fairly well.

Garion included Elves because they had bases in Tilea. Personally, as they're not part of DoW, I don't like the idea of having them. Also I think it causes balance problems.

The key though, is to make the linemen weaker than normal humans, which fits Tilea.

In the end I went for:

0-16 Tileans
0-8 Mercs or DoW

Humans, Norse, Dwarfs, DoW, Halflings, Ogre (cost is 10% more than guide price, rounded down to the nearest 5k).

All non linemen (bar humans & DoW) suffer from animosity (simply they feel they're far superior to play with their teammates). So this includes the Ogre and/or flings.

I really love the Tilean icons for this team, they're my favourite Cowhead icons. I think he's done a good job on all the human rosters.

I plan eventually to add all DoW units. However as of now, only Long Drongs are available.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Rumours say that bretonnians will be in cyanides BB2...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Rumours say that bretonnians will be in cyanides BB2...

You have a link? Sounds unlikely to me .if they were to do that they would release bb2 first then release another game bb2 Bret edition so they can rip people off twice. That has been their business model so far.

Edit: oh no I just found the announcement looks like you are correct. I hope they don't use plasmoids roster as I don't think it's the best representation of that race tbh. But I suspect they will.

Last edited by Garion on %b %22, %2014 - %09:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: