18 coaches online • Server time: 05:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

After the spectacular collapse of the Southern Wastes League several years ago, the commission investigating the actions of the previous administration has granted clearance for the league to make a return. The commission has imposed heavy sanctions against the league. A salary cap will be introduced and revenue will go towards the pay out of previous team income contracts and the player’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. It may take the SWL many seasons to pay out the exorbitant contracts formed with the legendary teams of the past during the boom days, however, the announcement has paved the way for the greatest blood bowl league to return.

The new leadership group of the SWL is confident that they can deliver an improved product on the past, even under strict financial restraints. Now the task begins to start fresh with new teams, there are many coaches who will answer the call and relish the new possibilities.. After all, it is a chance to join the rich tradition and make a mark on the history of the greatest league of all, the Southern Wastes League.

On Monday the 19th of March the SWL will usher in a new era as it holds the draft to begin Season LXXI with all new teams.

Links:

The Draft
  • Submissions to enter the draft are now open
    Draft lists are to contain ALL races in order of preference
    PM your draft list over FUMBBL to tussock and swladmin

• The draft will be run live in discord at 8pm on Monday the 19th of March.
  • The results of the draft will be posted in this forum thread.
  • The draft order will be completely random.
  • Any player who misses the draft list submission deadline or who submits an invalid list will have a limited list of available races to choose from.
  • After the draft, coaches will have one week to create their team and submit it to the group. Season LXXI will kick off on Monday the 26th of March.
  • Note: Unlike the CRP draft, we will be using the RSP system from the outset, so be prepared to embrace the challenge of a pick low in your preference order.

Season LXXI
  • First round will begin on Monday the 26th of March with a deadline of the 9th of April. Round 7 will finish on the 21st of May.
  • All participation will occur at the conference level. 8 teams will be promoted to the Premier to fight for the first BB16 title next season. Teams will likely be demoted to Regionals to create a division next season.
  • There will be no Trial of Blood or friendly matches before Season LXXI. All teams will start with completely fresh rosters.

New Rules
  • Expensive Mistakes has been implemented from the BB16 ruleset.
  • The BB16 post-season roster rules will be implemented as close as possible.
  • The BB16 rules for petty cash inducements have been implemented.

General Reminders
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcement

• Commissioner Luohghcra has stepped down from his role after many great years at the head. I could write a very long post about the achievements and initiatives of Luohghcra. In summary, the structure he has implemented both in the league and behind the scenes has seen the league flourish through perhaps it’s greatest era to date. Not to mention his numerous (hundreds) hours of dedication, guidance and negotiation.
  • I will be stepping in as the new commissioner of the SWL. I have big boots to fill, but hope to guide the league smoothly through the start of the BB16 era. We have high hopes for the league environment under BB16 and anticipate another golden era to follow.

From the Commissioner’s Desk

• We are closely monitoring the effects of the new BB16 rules with a view to potentially make changes in the future in order to deliver the best possible league experience.
  • As further rules become available we will endeavour to implement them to remain as close to the official rules as possible.
  • The Wastepac sub-tournament has been suspended until further review.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL DRAFT RESULTS

Fool picked High Elf 1st
JoeKano picked Slann 1st
bojoaph picked Nurgle 1st
Rbtrager picked Shambling Undead 1st
DrPoods picked Skaven 1st
Samaranthae picked Chaos Dwarf 1st
Dlock picked Dark Elf 1st
Redgum picked Chaos Renegades 1st
Smegish picked High Elf 1st
Bigbullies picked Necromantic Horror 1st
Karnov picked Chaos Dwarf 1st
almic85 picked Lizardman 1st
Wozzaa picked Orc 1st
Sharper picked Nurgle 1st
Grod picked Lizardman 1st
JPM picked Underworld Denizens 1st
tussock picked Khemri Tomb Kings 1st
Bobs picked High Elf 1st
Pyates16 picked Orc 1st
Balle2000 got their 1st draft pick of Human
Foad got their 1st draft pick of Norse
jevouse got their 1st draft pick of Chaos Dwarf
Boriz got their 1st draft pick of Norse
pdarbs got their 1st draft pick of Slann
JamesFynmore got their 1st draft pick of Skaven
Relezite got their 1st draft pick of Shambling Undead
Tomay got their 2nd draft pick of Orc
oozeboss got their 1st draft pick of Slann
Wex got their 1st draft pick of Nurgle
Faulcon got their 1st draft pick of Shambling Undead
D_Arquebus got their 2nd draft pick of Skaven
Manzoo got their 2nd draft pick of Necromantic Horror
Irgy got their 3rd draft pick of Elven Union
tribalsinner got their 1st draft pick of Dwarf
Sandune got their 2nd draft pick of Wood Elf
ramchop got their 1st draft pick of Wood Elf
mushoomy got their 2nd draft pick of Necromantic Horror
Daudy got their 5th draft pick of Norse
GreySquirrel got their 1st draft pick of Dark Elf

HandyK got a 2nd Round Draft pick of Chaos Chosen
polemarch got a 2nd Round Draft pick of Amazon
Dunenzed got a 2nd round draft pick of Humans
cdwat got a 2nd round draft pick of Elven Union.

2nd Round Races Available
Dwarves
Khemri
Chaos Chosen
Vampires
Ogres
Goblins
Halflings

Last edited by Tomay on Mar 25, 2018 - 12:39; edited 5 times in total
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My Fellow Coaches Smile

Just a request re PMs for scheduling. Important enough to refresh methinks Smile

Please do not just write: "When you free?"

Please provide: Days and Times that you are normally available and inquire if the opponent finds any of these suitable?

As the opponent: Please advise either Yes this time suits... or advise those times are tough and make a counter proposal with Days and Times.

Hopefully this will greatly assist everyone to schedule games early and avoid unnecessary forfeits.

Cheers Smile

Tomay wrote:
Announcement

• Commissioner Luohghcra has stepped down from his role after many great years at the head. I could write a very long post about the achievements and initiatives of Luohghcra. In summary, the structure he has implemented both in the league and behind the scenes has seen the league flourish through perhaps it’s greatest era to date. Not to mention his numerous (hundreds) hours of dedication, guidance and negotiation.
javascript:bbstyle(-1)

Many thanks to Luo for all his hard work in my time in SWL Smile

Looking forward to the new season. Smile

Last edited by D_Arquebus on Feb 11, 2018 - 08:04; edited 2 times in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Reserved for anything I need to reserve it for, just in cases. Good luck with the draft all.

And thanks for all the fish, Luo, Goblins was good fun.

Teams in the draft are the 24 from CRP+, with the new names if you like. Smile

Amazon, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Renegades, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Elven Union, Goblin, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Khemri Tomb Kings, Lizardmen, Necromantic Horror, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre, Orc, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Slann, Underworld Denizens, Vampire, Wood Elf.

Last edited by tussock on Feb 11, 2018 - 07:30; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 07:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Reserved for Legends err, Wastepac... umm.... I'll think of something Very Happy
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Reserved for a to-be very interesting season of the SWL Fantasy League.
Redgum

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This may be stupid question, but is there a pdf or site which has the BB16 rules as a single document?
I can find stuff on the forum about implementing expensive mistakes (for instance), but I don't know the mechanics of how it will operate well enough.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Reserved. But that's my personality, not because I want to save this space for anything impotent.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Redgum, we'll work on making sure everyone understands the new rules before getting hit in the snoz with 'em, we'll just have to be a bit careful about it. There's no official BB16 or DZ1 or DZ2 documents about the place, outside the ones you can buy on GW, and we certainly can't link anything unofficial.

So expect details here once I get around to writing it up nicely. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, very keen to get back into another SWL league. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions. What are the teams by their RSP breakdown? How many of each R, S and P can there be? And how many of each team can there be?

edit: found it on SWL page, nevermind!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft List submitted.

Now I just have to wait for the inevitable selection of ogres as my team again!?!

If you're interested join the Fringe
Redgum

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have also submitted a draft list.
Don't come for my Ogres, Almic

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Luo and Tomay! Does anyone have a handle on seasons? Which races do well? Which poorly?

Oscar Wilde
Keothi

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Thanks Luo and Tomay! Does anyone have a handle on seasons? Which races do well? Which poorly?

Teams that do very well "Out of the Box" ie in early phases from my experience are;

Amazon, Norse, Wood Elves, Dwarves - the teams that have early skill spam.
 Jump to: