46 coaches online • Server time: 10:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 17:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've already mentioned it in the current thinking blog post, but it's probably getting a bit buried in the sea of information.

I've been working on the migration script that is going to be the basis of the migration process from BB2016 to BB2020. In order to reduce the risk of large problems, I would like to ask you to help testing this script to see if there's any strange behaviour.

The script can be found here:

https://fumbbl.com/p/migrateteam?id=55051

And you can replace the id at the end with any team id. The output will be a debug log of the migration process, showing how the team and players are converted. Nothing will actually be applied, it's just running through the logic and showing what the output would be.

I would highly appreciate it if you could go through your teams with this script and check that the result seems sensible, and report back to me with your findings in this thread.

Thanks!
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried a dozen teams and they all converted as I would expect.

Lyracian.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried all my active teams. Overall everything looked good. Was surprised that Strong Arm was dropped instead of converted to Cannoneer and wished that Safe Pass was converted to Cloudburster and Safe Throw as the anti-fumble part of the is almost never used by as typical pass is a 2+ but I understand why and no complaints.

Finally my Sea Elf team did not convert at all but I assume you know that already
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:05
FUMBBL Staff

As a note, any red lines in the script is an error that needs resolution. Strong Arm should not be directly removed unless the player can no longer take passing skills (in which case, the corresponding message should be bold black and not red).

Also, yes. This is strictly for R and B teams. Anything in L is unsupported and will need a different variation of migration.
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Khorne didn't work obviously but all the others I tested did. Kick Off Return became On The Ball so that's good Smile
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried all my B and R teams; they all seemed to work fine.
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:23
FUMBBL Staff

Correction:

Strong Arm is a Strength Skill in bb2020 and needs access. High Elf Throwers were mistakenly not allowed Strength skills on doubles. This has been fixed, and strong arm should now convert appropriately.

Safe Pass is a bb2020 skill, which is what the BB2016 Safe Throw gets converted to.

And as a side-note, this is exactly why I need people to look at it and report potentially strange behaviour.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Correction:

Strong Arm is a Strength Skill in bb2020 and needs access. High Elf Throwers were mistakenly not allowed Strength skills on doubles. This has been fixed, and strong arm should now convert appropriately.

Safe Pass is a bb2020 skill, which is what the BB2016 Safe Throw gets converted to.

And as a side-note, this is exactly why I need people to look at it and report potentially strange behaviour.

To clarify Christer, will players be charged to have played only one season in the transfer redraft process (So only 20k) or will they be penalized based on their current, total games been played?

For example, a player who has played 90 games will cost an extra 80k to rehire, having played 4 seasons.
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:34
FUMBBL Staff

The pre-2020 games will all count as 1 season in that regard.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Christer. Has there been any thought or consideration put in to preserve replays? Is this a possibility?
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chances to keep some Legends as they are today ?
I mean, how will those 2 Skeletons look like after the transfer ?

4 Stirrup Skeleton Lineman->Skeleton Lineman (40k)
Previous SPP total: 220
Sure Hands -> Sure Hands (General) +20k
+MA -> +MA (Stats) +20k
+AG -> +AG (Stats) +40k
Kick-Off Return is no longer a valid choice and will be removed.
Pro -> Pro (General) +20k
Block -> Block (General) +20k
Number of skills: 5, 30 SPP for next chosen primary
Unspent SPP: 30*44% = 13 SPP
Player Cost 160k

13 Tibia Skeleton Lineman->Skeleton Lineman (40k)
Previous SPP total: 209
Block -> Block (General) +20k
Leader is no longer a valid choice and will be removed.
Frenzy -> Frenzy (General) +20k
Tackle -> Tackle (General) +20k
Pro -> Pro (General) +20k
Dauntless -> Dauntless (General) +20k
Number of skills: 5, 30 SPP for next chosen primary
Unspent SPP: 30*33% = 10 SPP
Player Cost 140k

Subsidiary question : Will I need to fire some Legends from the team for it to continue to exist ?? Have I understood well the new system ??

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be glad to help, but never executed a script in FUMBBL before: can you link me to an user guide? I will perform some test on my BB teams...
thx!
dabassman

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

seems ok for my teams, but one thing:

Under the new rules, fanatics (ball + chain) cannot have the grab skill any more Sad
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:
I will be glad to help, but never executed a script in FUMBBL before: can you link me to an user guide? I will perform some test on my BB teams...
thx!

Nothing tricky to run.

1. Click the link Christer provided: https://fumbbl.com/p/migrateteam?id=55051
2. Open up one of your own teams. Copy the team ID at the end of the url.
3. Replace the '55051' with your team ID.
4. Look for anything wrong.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:
thx!

Hi, if you click Christer’s link it shows you output for the example team.
Now just change the number in the browser address bar to one of your team numbers.

You can find your team number in the address bar when you open your team page.

Hope this helps
 Jump to: