I played Warhammer Fantasy for a long time, but never gave Blood Bowl the time of day. Once I saw the new models release in my local store around 2016, I started looking into it and found that there wasn't much of a player scene where I live. I decided to look online and I found BB Chaos Edition on Steam. I played it quite a bit, torching the computer, but never actually playing against people. A few years later I was cleaning out a closet and found some of my old Warhammer models, specifically a unit of Savage Orcs. Age of Sigmar had destroyed my interest in Fantasy, so I started thinking about converting them to be a BB team. Which led me to start thinking again about where I could play. I found a Facebook group of folks that had a league a few hours from me, so I set to work converting and painting. A member of the group made a post about a Fumbbl league at one point, and I decided to check it out. So, here I am.
I play from the US, so my usual availability in server time is:
- 2:00-3:00, on weekdays.
- 12:00-16:00, on weekends. I'm much more open on Saturdays/Sundays, so most times will work.
My current philosophy:
- I'm on FUMBBL because I find it to be a worth while strategic challenge, and I enjoy the game of BB.
- I enjoy bashy teams like Orcs and Dwarves because I find they require less risk. I enjoy the positioning game, sorting through complex blocking situations, and playing the number advantage.
- I really enjoy the setting and story of Fumbbl. I enjoy creating fluff.
- I like to comment on things throughout my games. Don't feel like you have to respond, I'm not offended.
- I like asking my opponents if there were weaknesses in my game, things I did wrong that they noticed. Please let me know. I'm trying to get better, so I don't fear the criticism.
- Fouling for me is a strategic part of the game. Whether you're taking out a strong player, punishing a stall or just trying to get a number advantage. I also can see the story behind even a Turn 16 foul, especially if you're about to lose. I personally don't entertain that story much, but if you do, I understand.
- I play pretty slow at the moment. Maybe I'll update this in a month or two, and I'll be able to say I don't go to 4 minutes every turn. I'll warn you at the beginning of my matches. Please bare with it. Still learning.