The NAF is an international association of players dedicated to Blood Bowl. The NAF acts as a central resource for coaches the world over – offering news, contacts, discussion, sanctioned tournaments and international player rankings. Whether you are planning to run your own tabletop tournament, looking for a league or just wanting to catch up on the latest from the world of fantasy football gaming, the NAF aims to provide everything you will need.
Why not find the most up to date information on tabletop tournaments in your area? There is a handy list here. If you ever need help or have any questions regarding attending a tabletop tournament, please come ask!
Blood Bowl tournament scene has been rising in popularity on the last decade and COVID was a blow to many tabletop tournament organizers in 2020. Like most events on this year, the most expected European tournament – Eurobowl - was postponed to 2021.
Nonetheless there’s no reason for not preparing yourself!
FUMBBL’s NAF Online team in association with Eurobowl Poland organizers bring you Eur’Open Online.
This is an online NAF ranked team tournament where you’ll play for your fellow coaches, for your self glory and for your country! Hopefully this will be able to mitigate the absence of this year’s many tabletop events and will give you some days of fun and practice for Euro Poland 2021.
• squad tournament •
• resurrection •
• weekly rounds •
• 6 rounds regular phase + 2 rounds play-offs •
• Blood Bowl 2016 rules, Spikes released until September 2020 and NAF CRP •
• Each squad will be formed by 4 coaches with different races.
• Players can sign up in squads of 4 players in the respective tournament's thread.
• Each squad will also choose one country to represent written before the submited name. ex: [England] Half The President's Men
• Several teams may represent the same country. No restrictions about countries, anyone outside Europe is welcome to represent theirs.
• Teams formed by coaches with different nationalities must choose one country for the team to play for.
THE REGULAR SEASON
• Each coach of a squad will be in a different group.
• The matches will be randomly determined on 1st round and swiss-paired on the remaining 5 rounds.
• Please note that technically it is not possible to match team vs team, but each team member plays in a separate group for as many individual points that are then added up.
• Top 4 best squads from different countries will reach the play-offs where they'll face each other in a one hand match.
• Winners will play the final one hand; those who lost will play for the 3rd and 4th place.
1100k gold to be used for standard team building and inducements:
• A minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 16 are to be rostered.
• 0-8 Re-Rolls;
• Assistant coaches;
• 0-1 Apothecary or Igor, depending on race;
• 0-9 Fan Factor;
• Inducements. The cost will be as following and will count for all 6 games:
• 0-2 Bloodweiser Kegs for 50k each;
• 0-3 Bribes for 100k each, for Goblins and Snotlings 50k each;
• 0-1 Master chef for 300k, for Halflings 100k;
• 0-1 NAF-approved Star Players for their regular cost.
• Star players can only be bought once 11 players are bought.
• They cannot take the roster to 17 players.
• Beware that not all of FUMBBL's stars are allowed, only the ones printed at the GW's HCH Manual. Legacy star players won’t be allowed at this event.
All inducements must be announced at the “bio” at the team’s creation and cannot change between rounds
The additional cash as listed below cannot be combined with the initial team creation budget. This additional cash can be spend on additional skills or fan factor - pm an admin for the last one with the team link.
• 20k for normal skills
• 30k for double skills
• Maximum one player in each team can stack an additional skill, the second skill costs 30k. Both skills have to be normal skills;
• Maximum one player in each team from tier 1-3 can have one double skill;
• Maximum two players in each team from tier 4-6 can have one double skill;
• Star players may not receive additional skills;
• Skill "Piling On" will be used according to Death Zone 1, i.e. Team Re-Roll is required;
• At the end in the roster there can be 0-1 NAF-approved star players (stars that can be taken only as a pair (for example The Swift Twins) count as a 1 NAF-approved star player)
*Concession: games not played on the respective week will also count as a concession. Each one will be analyzed by the tournament team for scoring purposes.
Each country will have the score of the squad with highest score representing them.
Top 4 squads from different countries will rise to the Play-Off
• One hand
• 1 vs 4 ; 2 vs 3
• Winners will play Final; defeated will play 3rd and 4th place.
1) NET TDS + NET CAS;
2) Most tds;
3) Opponent’s schedule (top 4);
4) Randomly sorted.
• We'll use server time as reference.
• Each round will start at 0h00 and end at 23h59 from mentioned days.
12 Oct to 31 Oct
2 Nov to 8 Nov
9 Nov to 15 Nov
16 Nov to 22 Nov
23 Nov to 29 Nov
30 Nov to 6 Dec
7 Dec to 13 Dec
14 Dec to 10 Jan
Finals + 3rd & 4th
When semi-finals ends to 17 Jan
• Please endeavour to complete your games. PM your opponent as soon as you can and organise a time to play.
• If agreeing a time is proving difficult, PM your division admin as soon as possible.
• Games will be forfeited promptly to begin new rounds.
• In the event you forfeit a game without a valid reason, we reserve the right to temporarily exclude you from future NAF sanctioned online events for a short time.
• Games will count towards NAF ranking as Online NAF games on thenaf.net. Forfeits and games against non NAF members are not recorded.
• Be cordial on the chat towards your opponent and audience.
• Use wisdom and good faith when agreeing a match with your opponent.
•We recommend avoiding Timeouts. If by an extreme circumstance you must use it, you are not allowed to do it without a first “transgression” and consequent first warning on the chat. Ex: my opponent exceeds the time one turn, I warn him I’ll timeout next time.
TEAM CREATION AND APPLICATION TO THE TOURNAMENT
• Before you create your team on Fumbbl, I highly suggest that you use an excel sheet or my little army builder online to create your team and make sure it adds up to 1100 TV.
• Once you have decided on your setup, your Team should be made via this link.
• Select your race and team name (see the Useful links section below for advice on making a FUMBBL team)
• On the team page, there is no need to change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’.
• Select all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’.
• Ensure your team complies with the FUMBBL disclaimer pop-up.
• The following screen allows then you to select skills. Depending on your package please chose the no skill option for remaining skills.
• When ‘save’ is pressed to confirm your skill choices, there is no pop-up or conformation screen. You can check your skills have saved correctly by navigating away from the screen and then checking ‘Team Options’ on your team page.
• If you have skill slots that are not used because you have reached your limit of skills, please use the (no skill) option.
• You must select all skills before the tournament;
• NAF coaches should record their NAF nick and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the future recording and ranking of online games.
• Inducement(s) you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio.
• Excess money needs to stay on the bank and must not be used to buy inducements except intended ones mentioned in your teams Bio.
• When you play a match in the tournament, select your listed inducements when the client loads up as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury as petty cash.
• It is important that you only use the inducments that you have declared in your team bio.
• In the event that non ‘rostered’ inducments are selected in the client by a coach, the match result will be void and the game awarded to the opponent.
• Click the ‘group members’ tab and then use the ‘apply for membership’ dropdown.
• All Games between NAF members are recorded on the NAF Homepage and will be used to calculate the NAF online Rankings.
• Even though a NAF membership is not mandatory, we highly encourage to become Member of the NAF, because:
o 10$ paypal of 5$ in person should be doable for everyone, already to just to support the NAF.
o Tracking your online rankings and enabling your opponents to play for their ranking is always fun.
o You get goodies every time you renew your membership
Useful Links and FAQ
Please see this FUMBBL group for useful links and FAQ.
The Road to the NAF Chapionship 2015
5 rounds of Swiss, final 261 Coaches, 5.1.17 - 28.3.17
Champion – straume (won a ticket to the NAFC)
Stunty Cup – Zed
Raffle winner – m0gw41
Final Runner-up – Diceskill
2nd Place – cedric19
3rd Place – Jokaero
Lutèce Cup Challenge
International groups, 8 team playoff 180 Coaches, 1.4.15-28.5.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Strider84 / MrPeng
Euro Group 2: Tripleskull / Estremo
Euro Group 3: JanMattys / Flix
Euro Group 4: Justicium / PacoSillas
North America: happygrue / Stimme
Oceania: hbgs / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Tripleskull
Final Runner-up - JanMattys
Stunty Cup Winner - Lorebass
Online Dutch Open
International groups, 8 team playoff 92 Coaches, 15.6.15-31.7.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Thot / Soycu
Euro Group 2: Yashin / Tripleskull
Euro Group 3: eldritchfox / Hamlet1980
North America: happygrue / pizzamogul
Oceania: Relezite / mushoomy
Overall Winner - Thot
Final Runner-up - happygrue
Stunty Cup Winner - Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm Up
International groups, 8 team playoff. Team based side event, 4 team playoff 144 Coaches, 24 Teams, 10.8.15-19.10.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Joemanji / gesize
Euro Group 2: fxiii / Zoul
Euro Group 3: PeteW / Straume
North America: Sutherlands / happygrue
Oceania: bmilner / Dunenzed
Overall Winner - PeteW
Final Runner-up - gesize
Stunty Cup Winner - mrt1212
Team Challenge Winners - Joe le Taxi (azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
The Road to the NAF Championship 2016
International groups, 8 team playoff 146 Coaches, 7.1.16-30.3.16
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Kithor / Estremo
Euro Group 2: JimmyFantastic / Simon_MLF
Euro Group 3 Strider84 / Endzone
Euro Group 4: Jokaero / fxiii
North America: spock / nerdbird
Oceania: Olaf_the_Stout / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Jokaero
Final Runner-up - fxiii
Stunty Cup Winner - m0gw41
Raffle Winner - iena
NAF Team Challenge
International groups, 6 team playoff 134 Coaches, 22 Teams, 1.4.16-30.5.16
Euro Group 1: Strider84
Euro Group 2: Jokaero
Euro Group 3: didier59
Euro Group 4: simon_MLF
North America: Wreckage
Double elimination KO tournament 82 Coaches, 25.11.19-2.3.209
Runner up: Thot
Hall of Fame
Single Event Champions:
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Straume
Lutece Challenge: Tripleskull
Online Dutch Open: Thot
World Cup Warm up: PeteW
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: Jokaero
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open: Timetis
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnement: BiBi
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: Strider84
Speed Bowl 1: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open 18: Kithor
Dungeonbowl (K)Online: Kalos86
Road to the NAF champtionship 2018: Bugrum
Danish Open Online: Gartch
NAF Speed Rush 19: Strider84
Waterbowl double elimination: PeteW
Team event Champions:
World Cup Warm up: Joe Le Taxi (Azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
NAF Team Challenge 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Candlejack, Kithor, Jokaero, lauth81)
Europen Online 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Jokaero)
NAFifa World Cup 18: Italy (buttinho, Dirold, Estremo, Sampittu)
Europen Online 18: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher)
NAF Team challenge 19: I Lupi, la Piovra e il Leone (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
Word Cup Warm up 2019: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Zed
Lutece Challenge: Lorebass
Online Dutch Open: Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm up: mrt1212
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: m0gw41
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Topper
Online Welsh Open: m0gw41
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnament: No stunty cup
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: SkavenLordVinshqueek
Speed Bowl 1: No stunty cup
Europen Online: No stunty cup
Q: Who are the NAF? A: Click on the 'NAF' tab above and find out!
Q: What are Online NAF tournaments? A: Online NAF aims to reproduce tournaments a NAF member may have attended on tabletop here on FUMBBL. Online NAF tournaments are open to all, members and non-members, and a number of shiny, physical prizes are up for grabs.
Q: When are the online NAF Rankings happening? A: Part of the rankings are uploaded and can be found here
Q: Why haven't we got tiered rulesets yet? A: Coding tiering of skills / gold / both is non trivial. We hope to bring you this functionality soon.
Q: What about format X? A: Strider84 is always up for ideas, and you never know, format X might be in the pipeline! Remember - tournament functionality is open to everyone, so you can always have a go yourself in the mean time.
Q: I organise a tabletop NAF tournament. Can we speak about doing something online? A: Sure! Contact Strider84. He'd be happy to hear from you.
Q: Can I help staff Online NAF tournaments? A: We've a great team looking after Online NAF, but we're always interested in hearing from volunteers. Contact Strider84.