45 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, just about everybody can beat that. And now they'll arrive in droves to do just that. Pandora's Box, opened once more.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I once rolled a skull. It was horrible. Waaaaa.

M

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I rolled a double skulls! I'm twice as unlucky as you are!

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i re-rolled double skulls and got more doubel skulls so that makes me twice as unlucky again.

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

guess what guys, ive had worse still!

I rolled triple skulls with a mino on a stunty, I used Pro, it worked but only for me to roll another 3 skulls!

Its kinda funny now i think about it! Razz
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

I rolled triple skulls with a mino on a stunty, I used Pro, it worked but only for me to roll another 3 skulls!

Its kinda funny now i think about it! Razz

Heh, that salty old pro really knew how to screw up a block eh? Takes a Pro to do that kind of thing...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>Once little Jumbo's mother was killed by AIDS. His father was killed in a civil war. He and his sister are currently starving and there is nothing indicating that their situation will ever improve.</i>

But that little bastard never experienced the eternal pain connected with rolling double skull, RR, double skull! OMG! LOL! I Rolled a 1! Arrrgh, b-b-b-b-brain overload...
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

if you think about it, the only reason we notice the low rolls is because it ends the turn, if we roll a sucsess we carry on rolling which means that statisticly there is a growing chance of us rolling a 1 eventually.

1 in 6 rolls will be a 1 but if that 1 comes on the first roll not the 6th, it's 1 in 1 rolls. Still doesn't mean it's not 1 in 6 though, just that we didn't get to see the other 5.

logically enough we notice that more than when it comes on the 6th roll.

I quit fumbbl once because the RnG just isn't random, but about a couple of months later is came up in conversation with a friend who has a degree in maths and he put it like that, makes sence to me and allows me to take it on the chin a lot better than what i used to.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
mulvax

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

"1 is the lonliest number that you'll ever know". I say we switch it up and make 6 always fail and 1 always succeed. 1 has been the scapegoat for too long. DOWN WITH THE 6'S!
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got an example for people to beat. Have a look at the 1st half of this game... We sucked so much I couldn't concentrate from laughing.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=864264

Seem to remember I had less than 30% luck at the end of the 1st half and my opponent had failed to pick up the ball on about 6 turns...
Buur

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Its kinda funny now i think about it!

Well i once rolled tripleskull and failed my pro and then rolled triple skull again.....
- and when we got home our fathers would kills us with a bread knife and dance on our grave sining haleluja! And try telling it to
the youg today and they wont belive a word of what you say!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I once played a game where I managed 1 die roll in the first half. It was in turn 8 naturally I failed the roll after that one to pick up the ball Smile
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I once played a game where I managed 1 die roll in the first half.

So all your blocks were skulls ? Wow.
Dunkpork

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

While all this is true, I still think the java number generator has a suspicious tendency to reroll 1's. Especially if the reroll is automatic or invoked very quickly. If one waits for 5-10 seconds the chance of getting a different result seems much more likely.

No, I don't have research data for you.
Gran

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not much, but I failed 4 of my first 6 apo-rolls. At the time it felt unlucky... Especially the one where I failed to save a Mino from a SI, only to have my other Mino killed in the next turn. LoL...

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
 Jump to: