36 coaches online • Server time: 18:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Starshade

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for some newbish questions, but I am fairly new in the FUMMBL. I have applied to a Black Box tourney with my Wood Elf team Elderlings (at least I think I did). My questions are:
How do I know If I applied to the tourney successfully?
Where can I see when and If will I play it the tournament?
If I understood correctly I am not supposed to play any matches with my team except tournament matches once the tourney begins. When is that?
I am still playing matches with my Elderlings. Is that bad?
Will I get a PM when my team is scheduled to play?

Sorry for all these questions, but I could not find the answers in the help section about it.

Best regards to all
shusaku

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
unfortunately you are a little late. the tourney started on August 1st. So your application was not successfull. You need to wait for the next box major or apply to a blackboxbrawl or simply play one off games

oops, I thought you were talking about black cup.
so see the answer below which is much more correct Smile

Last edited by shusaku on %b %05, %2012 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

1. How do I know If I applied to the tourney successfully?

It depends on each tournament and who is running it. However your team will get 'scheduled' against an opponent, and you won't be able to play anyone else anyway.

2. Where can I see when and If will I play it the tournament?

When your team is scheduled, there is a line underneath your team 'scheduled against (coach name). If you click on the scheduled button, this takes you to the tournament page, which will give you all the info.

Also, the tourney will be in your 'groups' section at the bottom of your homepage.

3. If I understood correctly I am not supposed to play any matches with my team except tournament matches once the tourney begins. When is that?

Once the tourney begins, you won't be able to play any matches, it isn't possible. However running up to the tournament, it depends on the tourney itself. It is has a TW or TV cap, then you can't go over that cap to be legal.

4. I am still playing matches with my Elderlings. Is that bad?

Probably not.

5. Will I get a PM when my team is scheduled to play?

Maybe, depends on the tourney and who is running it. However it's up to you to take the initiative and contact your opponent and arrange a time to play, once you are scheduled.

What tourney is it by the way? The main blackbox tourney at the moment is the black cup, which unfortunately has already started.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

3. If I understood correctly I am not supposed to play any matches with my team except tournament matches once the tourney begins. When is that?

Once the tourney begins, you won't be able to play any matches, it isn't possible. However running up to the tournament, it depends on the tourney itself. It is has a TW or TV cap, then you can't go over that cap to be legal.

Obviously with the team you applied. With all other teams you can play normally.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I always found it confusing when entering things... Some one pointed out that when you join a tourney or a group by selecting a team, if you go back to that list again, as if you were joining another team, the evidence you "APPLIED" successfully is that the team you first applied with is no longer on the list, because it has joined already. (only join once, obviously)

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Hi

2. Where can I see when and If will I play it the tournament?

When your team is scheduled, there is a line underneath your team 'scheduled against (coach name). If you click on the scheduled button, this takes you to the tournament page, which will give you all the info.

Also, the tourney will be in your 'groups' section at the bottom of your homepage.

What tourney is it by the way? The main blackbox tourney at the moment is the black cup, which unfortunately has already started.

It is Black Cup Smile I applied to it several days ago (can't remember if it was before 1st of Aug.). I do have Black Cup group on my teams page, but neither do I have scheduled button, nor is my team on the Black Cup Tournament draw. I suppose I am not in it than Smile

My first tournament app and couldn't find any FAQ or help regarding it. In any case thanks for the help.

Best regards to all
somertown

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You applied on 3 August, so you missed this year's Black Cup draw. I have denied your entry, so you should no longer be listed as a Black Cup group member.

In terms of FAQs, the following gives a general overview and some important links:

https://fumbbl.com/help:Official+FUMBBL+Tournament+Info

For Black Box specific information, the news announcement advertising the event gave key information and links. All major tournaments have such announcements. The link for the Black Cup took you here, which in turn had a link setting out the schedule, including when the draw was to be made.

Rather than wait for next year's Black Cup, I recommend entering a Black Box Brawl if you want to play in a tournament with a black box team. The next draw for that will be soon after 2200bbtime on Wednesday. If your team enters, then on Wednesday evening you will either get the message under your team's name saying "Scheduled against..." or you will receive a PM telling you that your team failed to get a place in this week's brawls.
Starshade

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the explanation. Ill look into those links now Smile

Best regards
 Jump to: