58 coaches online • Server time: 22:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Progression pathway
Ball carrier
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Spoiler
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Sack him so he can pursue dream of being pie seller in stands
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The Goon for my Vamp team Tracksuit Draculas only went and raised his strength. Sadly it was by completing a pass rather than stomping skulls but these things can't be helped

He's the first thrall to skill, 3/4 vamps have dodge and 1 of those has block too. V new team and I'm a v new vamp coach. My question is about the role for The Goon on my team.

1) Ball carrier: sure hands, block, fend etc. No requirement for blood lust roll to move him; keeps vamps free to be a nuisance.

2) Spoiler: wrestle, tackle, strip ball. Wrestle is better on a thrall as there's no lust to stand them up, allows one more vamp to be free to set up the blitz and ball retrieval, no need to worry about where he ends up re: blood lust at end of blitz.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

3) Roadblock: Block, tackle, kick - let your vamps do as much blitzing, passing and scoring as possible - they can never have too many spp.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like him as a ball sacker. Open the cage with Gaze and send him in without needing another Thrall nearby. Then pick up the loose ball with ag4
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with your assessment that the two most viable options are wrestle + tackle on the one hand, and block + sure hands on the other. I'd prefer the latter role to be fulfilled by an AG thrall rather than a ST thrall, so I'd lean towards wrestle.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

block, tackle maybe even guard if you're super lucky.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably ignore +ST and give him guard as a doubles skill. Vamps never have enough guard.

Or give him dodge, making him a more mobile thrall. Helps when you have a vamp in scoring range, not enough space to stall, and need a bite target near the end zone
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

no ball carrier. you got vamps, why are you ever going to carry with a thrall?

Take the +st and give him wrassle/block and then tackle, but don't expect him to live that long.

No apo whatsoever.

Or skip and take dp/kick.

That being said, I know nothing of vampires.
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Love my +ST thrall, but they're just a roadblock for the line that can push back a bit, you want Block next, then Fend, Tackle, Dodge on doubles. Keep the Vamps away from them a bit.

AG 4+ for the ball, if you have the choice. I also have a +AG thrall, but she's my wrackler in training, gets to critical spots way easier than the +ST. I think Guard's a mistake on Vamp teams, great against ST 3 in the mid-range TV, but pretty useless once you're busy trying to keep off all the big boys up high.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

av7 means the block tackle guard / roadblock route doesn't work so well. st4 isn't that might, people will knock him down when they need to

i think wrestle and tackle for mine, let the vamps carry the ball

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: