22 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Zuper Zstar Zskill 5
+MA
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
+AV
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Pro
31%
 31%  [ 23 ]
Tackle
21%
 21%  [ 16 ]
Sidestep
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Diving Tackle
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
Fend
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Jump Up
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Retire the team, sell my computer and adopt a nomadic existence searching for the one they call Spir0...
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 73

Aflo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So my human ogre star Big Yan ( http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8471114) just rolled up his 5th skill and it's a double 5 leaving a few options open!

On this team: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=683775

Very bare bones team right now, want to get Max up to legend (my first ever) and then we'll see what these boys can do...

He already has block, dodge, guard, stand firm and has picked up a smashed ankle along the way.

So, poll away!

Cheers,

Aflo
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

With the stated goal of making him a Legend, take the Tackle to get more cas.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Aflo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify I was making a point about the team in general and the legend-to-be is my blitzer, Max. 8spp away - chances of killing himself on a rerolled gfi fale at 175? Pretty certain, really.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro... most of the players he will be Blocking won't have Dodge (except against Elves and Zons)... he doesn't need Tackle to handle Beastmen, Black Orcs or Mummies.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro. So he's not eating your team rerolls.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Diving Tackle?

The Ogre's job, especially with blodge/SF is to tie a bunch of players up and not move them. Blodge/SF/DT is a "you aren't going anywhere". Even with tackle, he's not a reliable killer, and pro implies you will be actively blocking with him a lot.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeedy Hiton, that was what I was sort of thinking as a more oddball choice than vanilla pro which would probably be my default 3 double big guy skill. In bashy games I probably activate this guy less the 2 thirds of the time since he does his job perfectly sitting there. The two niggles are the move bust and his uselessness on the ground which put me off the idea of putting him there on purpose.

It's between those two for me I think, tackle would be a bigger contender if this were a [R] team but for the box I don't think it'd get enough use.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
Pro. So he's not eating your team rerolls.

+1
Bobs

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be tempted to ignore the double and go for Breaktackle. Cage break blitz with a free RR could make him more useful.
But expect to fail the dodge and die for lulz.

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle without a doubt! Is brilliant with blodge guard stand firm, but even better with ST5. You won't need him to break into a cage, just step into a corner and then don't leave.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DT sounds like the best choice for winning games with BT next, but pro to make more of a stand out individual at the expensive of your win ratio
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, I'm jealous and I want one. Why not me? Smile

I think there's really only three real choices for this player. Pro, Diving Tackle, and Break Tackle.

Pro will certainly save you some team rerolls on the occasional double skulls, but this skill will not lower your chance of turnover if you haven't used a team reroll that turn. It will, however, increase your casualties from rerolling blocks/pushes into dodgepows/pows, and you'll have 50% less actions lost due to bonehead. Pretty damned good, just, kinda bland.

Diving Tackle on that Ogre Roadblock will be a major headache for your opponents. You already have an ogre that's an absolute pain to deal with (Str5 Blodge SF Guard). Most teams would be hard pressed to knock this player down, let alone move him, so I would imagine that in many cases, opponents simply dodge players away from him. Diving Tackle changes the odds on dodging so much that your opponents best plans may come to ruin due to their inability to deal with this player OR get away from him reliably. Plus the ogre will get more free hits, and the occasional turnover when your opponent forgets about it Smile

Break Tackle solves the problem of having your ogre isolated from the play by some brave, rookie lineman. You ogre may be only ma4, but four movement is better than none when your superstar ogre roadblock centerpeice gets lured away by some lushious young amazon linewoman. Having Dodge certainly improves this, and also adds some semi-risky cagebusting fun.

I would go for Diving tackle personally, but you certainly cant go wrong with any of them. It's all up to how you want to play him.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually voted for tackle, but now that I think about my own Minotaur (who was Block/Tackle), I don't think it's that good an idea. I think I would go for pro, as it lets you activate him more often. I would not go for diving tackle because too many people love to foul and I wouldn't want to lose a triple double big guy, but it would probably get you wins.
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
but it would probably get you wins.

Thats exactly my point. and the goal of the game Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is why Fend is a good option in this case.

1: Blodge/SF coupled with Fend allows you a lot of options. Push back/you get to choose. Improves your postioning of him

2: He is -MA fend will free him up and thus allow him to move, inless your opponeet commits more guys to make sure he cant move after the push back.

3: Fend does negate PO except for Jugger.

4: So you negate most PO attempts. He is a blodger thus harder to take down and then fend gives you options with SF and frees him up possibly to move with no dodge roll.

You want proof of this plan.

This guy loves SF/Blodge/Fend and brings havok were ever he goes...and he is ST3