22 coaches online • Server time: 02:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
radge

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There are still a couple of round 4 games left to play. How's everyone getting on?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

*** Announcement from NSL headquarters ***

Earlier this month two coaches were reported MIA after joining raids on foreign lands. It is unknown if this was accidental or if this was planned "sackings" from their chieftains.

Nevertheless, in an extension of this, the league has lately auctioned off these two franchises, and we now have new Dark Elf and Pact teams that join us as of round 4.

Please all give a frosty welcome to the Helspire Juggernauts (PaddyMick) and the Frostheim Ravagers (Zeke73).

They have been given an extra week to play their respective round 4 games.

The round 5 deadline remains the same.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome and good luck

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cookies for tmoila, I knew allowing you that late equaliser in our game would pay off in the end! Wink

DLE College 7s
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the status of the last 4 games?

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2015 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
What's the status of the last 4 games?

Extensions have been granted

Dark Elf and Skaven scheduled to play @ 7pm Tue
Vampires and Norse scheduled to play @ 8pm Wed

Orcs and Necros have been asked to finish by Wed as well
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Play-offs! Play-offs!

My guys are getting all rusty. They weren't very agile to start with...
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

THE NSL SEASON I PLAYOFFS ARE HERE

Jarl Commissioner: Right, you dirty old buggers, what have we got for the fans this year?

The four regional representative chieftains of the NSL were gathered around the Jarl Comissioner's table in a big and warm Norscan long house.

Torkel the Troll Hunter answered first.

Torkel Trolljägare: Well, you know I would have loved to bring all my trolls, but despite the strict rules, I have a pack of really annoying night goblins to let loose in the Playoffs. The Trollheim Trixters.

JC: Impressive season by your coach ragde. Only losing to the native Norse, and beating the Skaven slaves of Graennae to win the division on a tie-breaker. And who will he be facing?

The Jarl Comissioner turned to the Sea of Claws representative, Kurt Magnusson of Durfang.

Kurt Magnusson: My brothers are alive again and playing, thanks to the kind sorceror Gaghor Metus. Bless him - we went unbeaten through he season, and we will beat these goblins too!

JC: Well, they're not really alive though Kurt. They are Draugr now. But good luck anyway.

Vanha Johtaja Sitruuna: You will have to take us serious now! We're here, we're unbeaten, and we've only just got started!

Vanha, the Chieftain of Kärsämäki seemed almost manic as he interrupted.

VJS: Sure, they smell a bit strange, and are slightly discoloured, and some of them have fur, but we are here now, in the playoffs! And they will make our village famous!

JC: Okay... and you will be facing... The Orc Chieftain (How did he come about his chieftanship again? The Jarl Commish thought to himself).

Warrug Shroommuncha: Muurrrmeeyds....

JC: Pardon?

WS: Orc Murrmeyds Commish. Dey arr quick swimmas, and fast on da land too. Dey arr also unbeatun. Da fight will be gudd. Us arr da greatust tribe in da wurld.

Warrug Shroommuncha was highly confident. And confidently high.

JC: Very well Chieftains, schedule your Coastal Finals, and may the best team win come midwinter!

Season I Coastal Champions
Sea of Chaos: Trollheim Trixters (Goblin, ragde)
Sea of Claws: Durfang Draugr (Undead, Matthueycamo)
Frozen Sea: Kärsämäki Critters (Nurgle, wallenstein)
Kraken Sea: Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids (Orc, Burnalot)

PLAYOFFS

Western Coasts Final

ImageVSImage

Eastern Coasts Final
ImageVSImage (Sorry Commish. Da artist iz still making on sum fantasycal vishunerry art fer da shield. But luks gudd ohready no? Niice greeen.)

Please post here when you know when you will play! It's gonna be some good Blood Bowl.

Other news: Coach Roland and Coach sehou have retired from the league, or been eaten by trolls, or both. We are unsure. However, to replace them joins two new recruits: awambawamb (Vampire) and Timetis (Norse).

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
radge

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2015 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

West Coast Final will be played at 21:00 server time tomorrow Monday.

Cheiftain Torkel Trolljägare: Ah, great - Undead! They'll have no chance!
Coach radge: How do you figure?
Torkel: Well, they're partly decomposed, aren't they? They'll break easy!
radge: Actually they are much tougher than our players.
Torkel: Well, we've got our trolls!
radge: Their mummies are just as strong, only they follow orders whilst our trolls suddenly go blank for no reason.
Torkel: Ehm... right.. but..
radge: ...and all their other players are much stronger than our goblins.
Torkel: But...
radge: Not to mention that some of the Durfang Draugr are skilled in the art of blocking.
Torkel: Can't we just grind their numbers down by fouling, like we usually do?
radge: No use; they've got a huge bench.
Torkel: ...
radge: Did I mention that even if we by some freak accident manage to kill one of them, they'll just regenerate and come back on the pitch in the next drive?
Torkel: This is insane! They must let us have more trolls on the pitch for this game!
radge: Nope.
Torkel: So we've got no chance... ?
radge: I didn't say that.
radge

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2015 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just came home. Was afraid I was keeping my opponent waiting, but he hasn't logged in yet. Started the client and notified him of the game name.

[edit 22:24] 1½ hours and still no game going on. I give up - opponent will have to contact me to reschedule.
radge

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

West Coast Final starts... NOW!
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, last time I forgot to make the announcement here, so...

BEHOLD THYSELVES
and listen!

Chieftain Snappi of Funninguur, the Norse settlement on the remoteness of Keldevin Islands, came back from the Kvelling with a portentous discovery.

Deep under the icy covers of the Kvelling, Snappi discovered a strange artifact seemgly fallen from the skies above a long, long time ago, even before the coming of the two-tailed comet. This could date the artifact to the age of the Old Ones, but there's still a lot of research to be done.
Oddly, the artifact seemed intelligent. It is, in fact, sentient, calling itself Vygr, and has the very same thirst for knowledge that led Snappi on the Path of the Explorer. Snappi snatched the unique opportunity to access Vygr's knowledge amd made a pact with the being: he would bring as much information he could retrieve from his clan's raids in exchange for the best bodyguards Vygr could "make" for him. Those thugs would be extremely strong "humans", tho they didn't really looked like humans at all and they seemed cursed with a strange thirst for blood that has to be quenched by feeding on specials thralls made by Vygr itself, so the hulks wouldn't start snapping Snappi's precious R&D memeber's necks. Those super-human-things can execute flawlessly any order of the Chieftain. Snappi, being an explorer more than a warrior, decided to research on those special servants given to by testing them in the NSL and see if they could have "any" use, and is proud to present you the...

team VYGR!

so, the bloodsuckers were put at a first test and... well, they sucked. One things is sure, there's plenty of room for improvement...

pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ok when will season 2 begin.

this isa fun league, but is very slow (I played my last group game IN OCTOBER. can we have faster round times in season 2?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with pythrr. The interest in this league died off a bit when most people had played all their games in the group stage but we were all waiting for the others to finish their games.

Also.. GOBLINS WON AGAINST UNDEAD IN THE WESTERN COASTS FINAL! we're looking to get an interview with the team.
 Jump to: