16 coaches online • Server time: 05:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2016 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Hi chaps.

Appreciate the chat on the matter, and the arguments laid out above. This time it is the sum of all of the teams. Although I see the point that a 'tacked on' T3 team doing badly helping tiebreaker despite not contributing to score feels a bit odd, this time they do contribute. At the end of the day, two possible non scoring slots isn't a huge safety net at all, so no one would deliberately take a team they'd tank with to win a tiebreaker, especially with playoffs to win! Maybe next time we'll look at it again.

Okay, good to know!

As for next time: I think it wouldn't be so bad if teams DID add some T3 teams to the mix "for tiebreakers". That's still more of such teams being played! Wink

Anyway, food for thought.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2016 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, it's Friday!

Let's push for as close 100 % as we can get! The NA group is again forging ahead at speed, Europe, don't let them get away! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

More or less two days until deadline. I spy a few of our coaches going well at the NAFC, let's see if we have a winner by this time tomorrow! Smile

If you're interested in following the NAFC as it happens, thenaf.net is updated with the draw and other bits once the team have the coaches on site settled and happy each round. Check in every so often to see how it's going!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2016 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It's deadline day! Make sure you get your match played, if it's not been already!

Some n00b called PeteW won the NAFC. Anyone heard of him? Wink
straume

Post   Posted: May 02, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

He did mention something about liking Dark Elves better than Chaos Dwarves...
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 02, 2016 - 17:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i swear to everyone that the end of MY today may 2nd (eastern time) the game will be played.

promises.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2016 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The final round is shortly commencing! See the below PM, and note the slight R5 extension!

Hello coaches!

Please don't reply to this PM, instead use the forum for all discussion.

We are just tidying up one or two matches, and then we will be moving into the final round of the NAF Team Challenge!

The live scores reveal that it is super close (at time of writing). A number of the 'big beasts' that you would expect to be contending are contending, and Hellhound look almost away and safe in an automatic playoff spot on 27 points.

Below Hellhound, there are a number of teams scrambling for position. Currently, the Waterbowl Eurofriends are in the second automatic qualification spot on 24, but within four points are seven teams. Joe le Taxi, #fumbbl.fr, Teams Fantastic, Argentina, Flandtastic, Valen's Aficionados of Gaming In the Northern Area and Spartak School are all still in the hunt on 20 or better, and perhaps a further four on 19 points (Presidential Fortune, Jack the Uber, Team Rodents and friend and Verikulho) will have something to say?

There is a large holiday in France this coming weekend, and we also have a number of coaches travelling home (some to NA!) following the NAF Championship in Nottingham. I've spoken to the captains, and there is universal agreement that an extra 24 h in round 5 would be welcome. So: Round 5 ends on Tuesday night, 10th May at 22:00 server time in Europe, 11th May at 04:00 server time in NA.

Good luck with that last game!

Phil.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

We're into day two of the final round already!

Remember: Tuesday is your deadline this week. Go get 'em!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 06, 2016 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the final Friday! Get those last matches locked down!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Not long now! You've effectively got three full days to go, remember that Tuesday is deadline day!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The competition this time around is really tough.
With Presidential Fortune and Six Pistols we already have two teams that were on top of the leaderboard for some time that won't make it into the tournament finals.
Joe Le Taxi, the former champions have to still qualify to make the top 6. Although last time they also only qualified on 4th place (out of 4 places).
Team Fantastic which has a landslide victory last time is now in third and probably the biggest surprise is
Team Hellhound which I handled as a favorite the first time around but then failed to make qualification.
Team Waterbowl has done consistently well and has been a major competition for Team Fantastic both times around.
Also Team Flandastic seems to come short this time, probably partly owed to being stuck in the smaller US group. It is in fact noteworthy that no group of US coaches could make it into the top 6, not unlikely owed to a bunch of team-member matches. Although I can't really verify this.

The lower top six are still hard competed for. Spartak Sinobowl is only ahead by one point and has one game left and Fumbbl Fr only even makes the cut because of its favorable tie breaker.
Joe Le Taxi with three unplayed games I consider to very likely take one 5th or 6th spot in the end. But Team Flandastic and Jack the Uber still also have very decent odds.
Blocktoberfests option for 24 points I don't think will be enough with a tier 1 build.
But Socks&Friends are also still in this...
After that there are still some outsider chances but I don't think they are very realistic.
Team Valen has still 4 unplayed games and could theoretically garner 28 points on a poor tie breaker. 24 or 23 is probably more realistic, which won't be enough.
25 probably would be. Only so and so many teams can make it.

We'll see.
Man it's close.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Things are setteling down yet are incredibly tight around the top 6.

There is still an outsider chance for Socks and Friends to make it.
But otherwise we have 4 teams now that share the spots 4-7 all at 25 points and all with an unplayed game.

Fumbbl.fr
Jack the Uber
Joe Le Taxi
Spartak Sinobol

One of these teams will not make it. But which one is it going to be?

To make things more complicated, Spartak Sinobol which is on seventh place is on the same tie breaker as Joe Le Taxi. But since the table only considers tier tie breakers, we don't actually know if Joe Le Taxi is really ahead right now.
KFoged

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Joe Le Taxi actually got two games left and with two wins they will end up 2nd

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Team Waterbowl has done consistently well and has been a major competition for Team Fantastic both times around.

And just to be fair there is not really much in common between "Team Waterbowl" from the World Cup warm up and "Waterbowl Eurofriends" in NAFTC besides the name "Waterbowl" and one coach (mubo) Wink

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Shush you, Waterbowl is Waterbowl when they're doing well. Smile

Tight it is. Remember you have until tomorrow night to get that game done!
 Jump to: